Lexima Lols IV

Started by Blizzard, January 27, 2011, 06:12:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Off-Topic: ShowHide
Maybe its just my point of view but every contest we've tried to host has turned out bad in some way of form with only one or two people submitting something ifp/b] even that.

Can't wait to play the game Niche.

Blizzard

Actually the same happened to me. I remember when I made the ABS Showdown contest. Only 2 or 3 people submitted from almost 10 participants.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

element

The problem is that if it is a difficult competition, you need to have a lot of participants becouse people will think that it's too difficult for them and stop with it.
Most of the time I only compete in competitions that are easy or something that i'm good in :)

The Niche

Aaaand I'm not gonna make it. Fuck. I would advise leaving the competition open/restarting, since I did have a nice plan and I do want to finish this.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Blizzard

Just finish the game. Nobody's gonna enter in a restart anyway.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

AliveDrive

how is CP doing statistically? i feel like a lot of people join for a little while, then eventually stop coming around. I wonder how that could be changed...  :???:

The reason being, I like contests, but I'm not all that skilled. But contests usually put pressure on people to do well. I'd like to see more halfway decent games come out.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

The Niche

Honestly, I think the people who want to do it, don't have the means (me), the comittment (the other team) or the skills (PHM). I saw someone suggesting a chaos-project awards kinda thing. Honestly, that seems like the best way to get motivation up to me. I'll try and make the game because it won't take me that long and I really do need to release a finished game at some stage :roll:. We could try another community project, like not an mmo, I think those are good for motivation. It's an interesting conundrum.
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

winkio

If enough people had motivation, I could organize a less ambitious community project.  I just don't think people are motivated.  I guess I could make a poll, and if I get enough people by the beginning of the summer, then we could do it.

The Niche

AliveDrive

I would be happy to help, but I'm not the most talented  :^_^':
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: The Niche on March 03, 2011, 02:14:14 pm
Honestly, I think the people who want to do it, don't have the means (me), the comittment (the other team) or the skills (PHM). I saw someone suggesting a chaos-project awards kinda thing. Honestly, that seems like the best way to get motivation up to me. I'll try and make the game because it won't take me that long and I really do need to release a finished game at some stage :roll:. We could try another community project, like not an mmo, I think those are good for motivation. It's an interesting conundrum.

No commitment? I hope you're being sarcastic, because I wanted to do this, but a lot of things came up that made it impossible. :P

Subsonic_Noise

To be honest, RMXP is a hobby for me, and really not a serious. If I don't want to do it, I don't do it, and if there is a deadline for a commercial album of my band coming up, I really would rather spend my time with that. So yes, you could say I'm missing commitment.

RoseSkye

I'll make a LoLIV B-ABS demo if Blizz gives me the thumbs up.

Blizzard