World Map

Started by winkio, March 04, 2011, 04:25:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AliveDrive

Areas:

3 Main Kingdoms, numerous small villages.
7 corruption zones, agreed.
1 Desert
2 Mountains/caves
1 Large Forest
2 Plains
1 Snowy
1 Marsh
1 Volcanic, There need only be one volcano, as we can make it go as deep into the earth as we need.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

winkio

March 07, 2011, 01:54:51 am #41 Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 02:12:14 am by winkio
20 zones, managed to stick a few more corruption zones in and they are all in different environments so we won't have any repeats.  Also, keep in mind that the kingdoms are on different zones so they will represent a few different environments: plains kingdom (middle), mining kingdom (left), island kingdom (bottom right), port kingdom (top right).
Spoiler: ShowHide

Blue - kingdom (4)
Gray - corruption zone (7)
Yellow - Desert (1)
Brown - Mountains/caves (2)
Green - Forest/woods (2)
Light Green - Plains (1)
Cyan - Snowy (1)
Purple - Marsh (1)
Red - Volcanic (1)

And yes, the whole point of this map was to plan out the geography of the game.  Once we finalize it then we can make a storyline progression through it.

AliveDrive

Lookin' good, I sort of imagined that the place where the gods are held would be a place you could go near the end of the story.

That being said, I imagined it in the harshest of all climates: the arctic.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

winkio

Okay, I want some consensus before we finalize this.  We are finalizing the map and the general layout of the zones (they may end up being split into sub-zones, or nudged around slightly, but the general layout is what we are talking about.).  Once we finalize, we can use it to start constructing the game's plot line in greater detail.

WhiteRose

It looks good to me. I say we consider it finished and move ahead.

Hatsamu

Me too. No need to move/change anything else for now.

Let's throw some storylines over that map  :wong: