Author Topic: ARC Community Feedback  (Read 57385 times)

Offline Trinitygamer

• Trained Member
  • LV: 5
    • View Profile
Re: ARC Community Feedback
« Reply #520 on: August 26, 2013, 09:07:20 PM »
About the Event editor, i have a question about something. After reading through the list, and some requests, and reading through the rules, i came up with something, but at the same time, i'm not really sure if it would be considered something for the editor to handle or if it would be considered a script:

One of the major things that annoy me about RMXP's event editor, is that there is no 'button' to let the player choose something from their inventory. What i mean is, since the inventory is there, it would be nice to have a button in the event editor that the user could click to insert a 'choose item from inventory' kind of thing. You know, where when the player is asked if it wants to choose something from the inventory, it opens the inventory, the player selects an item, but it doesn't actually 'use' it. instead saves the 'item ID' to a game variable, that way the 'user' can have the npc make dicision based off of that choice.

When trying to event things, i could pretty much do a thousand and one things with the way RMXP is set up, but the one thing i could do is let the player access the inventory to 'pick something'. The effect of this limited the kind of things that i could 'purely event'. if this 1 little thing was in the 'event editor buttons', i could have evented out full crafting/advanced fishing/relationship events/'animal in field is dying, give it something from your bag?'/'there's a hole in the wall, put something inside?'/Do you have the 'package'?(choose what to hand over)/and more.

It's always really annoyed me. 90% of most of the things required for the stuff above, including the graphical interface of the 'crafting', the 'add item to inventory' or 'take items away', and more, but letting the player choose something from their inventory? nope. Considering the countless things that can be done with that, i would think that it would have been in RMXP, but nope, it's not there.

Again, i'm not sure if this counts as something for the 'event editor', but hopefully it does.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 09:12:11 PM by Trinitygamer »

Offline KK20

• Master Scripter Fixer
  • Global Moderator
  • Lexima Warrior
  • LV: 365
  • Bringer of Salt
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 26, 2013, 09:18:59 PM »
Sounds more like a script request actually.

(click to show/hide)
NNID: KK20-CP

Offline Blizzard

• This sexy
  • Administrator
  • has over 9000 posts
  • LV: 642
  • Magic midgets.
    • View Profile
    • You're already on it. (-_-')
« Reply #522 on: August 26, 2013, 09:46:48 PM »
That's true, it would be a script. Sure, one could integrate an event command in the editor with that, but it's still a script.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze      King of Booze: Never Ever      Pet Bots
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android      Pet Bots for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS      Pet Bots for iOS
Drinking Game on Steam

Quote from: winkio
I do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney Stinson
When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Offline Trinitygamer

• Trained Member
  • LV: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 27, 2013, 01:13:47 AM »
Sounds more like a script request actually.

That's why i said i wasn't sure. It's something that has always annoyed me about rmxp, but i couldn't decided if it was to much script based, or if it counted as being an editor thing. when i saw the 'gray area' comment, i decided to ask on the off chance i was wrong. If it isn't something that could or will be added, i can always just wait until 'Arc creator' comes out and remake one of the old scripts for it.
That's true, it would be a script. Sure, one could integrate an event command in the editor with that, but it's still a script.

Thanks, that what i needed to know. I did make a script for it for rmxp eventually (sort of), but i was hoping it would be something already in it. I guess i'll just recreate the script when the maker/creator comes out.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:17:24 AM by Trinitygamer »