William concept art

Started by The Niche, March 04, 2011, 08:05:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AliveDrive

Yes, white with pale blue seems fitting to me.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Hatsamu

Hello everyone, I'm using William's Concept Art post to tell you that I've been on some sort of vacations, (far away from internet xP) and now I'm back, so I'll update the drawings ASAP. (I'm kinda sick now too as autumn is starting over here so I'll get to it when I get healthier xP)

Btw, thx for the suggestion on all 4 characters, I'll do my best to make'em work. ^^

WhiteRose

Quote from: Hatsamu on March 29, 2011, 04:05:07 pm
Hello everyone, I'm using William's Concept Art post to tell you that I've been on some sort of vacations, (far away from internet xP) and now I'm back, so I'll update the drawings ASAP. (I'm kinda sick now too as autumn is starting over here so I'll get to it when I get healthier xP)

Btw, thx for the suggestion on all 4 characters, I'll do my best to make'em work. ^^

Good to hear that you're back. Don't stress about it too much; while we like seeing updates and making progress with the game, don't let it take priority over more important things.

tSwitch

Good character concept, though his right arm doesn't look like it has an elbow, and his left arm would be longer than his right arm >_<

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Hatsamu

In a reply for your comments on the four characters I've got to say that I haven't been drawing anything in almost two years... I used to be a perfectionist when drawing, but I put time over quality on this or I would never get the free time I'd need to make them look exactly as I'd like to.

Anyway, as I've said before, I'll keep fixing them as much as my daily schedule allows me to. :3

tSwitch

Quote from: Hatsamu on March 29, 2011, 04:53:42 pm
In a reply for your comments on the four characters I've got to say that I haven't been drawing anything in almost two years... I used to be a perfectionist when drawing, but I put time over quality on this or I would never get the free time I'd need to make them look exactly as I'd like to.

you don't have to justify it, I was just giving advice.
I still highly suggest revising things.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

AliveDrive

I'm so bad about justification. xD
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

The Niche

Quote from: NAMKCOR on March 29, 2011, 05:10:53 pm

you don't have to justify it, I was just giving advice.

Remind me to carve this into my brain. I give out about justification just as much as I do it and I've really gotta stop but - *Justifies self*

In conclusion, anyone who justifies themself is a faggot.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

WhiteRose

We should all keep in mind that these are just drafts, as well; I don't think it's worth the time to perfect every little detail if we're still going to be making changes to the design.

Hatsamu

Thats my point, Rose.

I'd need to know if this is going to be used in the actual game or it would just be "turned" into sprites.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Hatsamu on March 29, 2011, 07:21:50 pm
Thats my point, Rose.

I'd need to know if this is going to be used in the actual game or it would just be "turned" into sprites.

Well, I'm not really sure what the spriters are planning. I know that the in-game sprites will be based of of your work for sure, but I'm not sure if and when a direct conversion would be used. You'll have to take it up with the people spriting for the project and get things figured out.

winkio

we will need battlers though, drawn in a style similar to this, with three different poses: battle, victory, and death.

The Niche

Spriting will be started when the battlers are finished and confirmed.
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

Hatsamu

Quote from: winkio on March 29, 2011, 07:29:37 pm
we will need battlers though, drawn in a style similar to this, with three different poses: battle, victory, and death.

This style will work? I could try and make them in a more-RTPish style if we are going to use RTP monsters and NPCs

AliveDrive

The Niche

Hold on a second. RTP actor battlers look crap. Try to make them fit with the rtp, but not be the rtp.

AliveDrive

That's what I meant. Just 
Quote from: Hatsamu on March 30, 2011, 04:03:37 pm
try and make them in a more-RTPish style

WhiteRose

I think these current style of drawings would be more suited to a menu or status screen. The battlers will have to be facing the other direction, if we're still planning on following the original battle mock-up I put together. They'll need to be facing with their back to the player, and slightly to the left. Still, we should fine-tune the characters' designs and make sure that everything is how we want it before we start worrying about the various sprites and images of them that we will need.

winkio

battle and death poses should face away, but victory should face towards the player.

winkio

Okay, here is exactly what we need from you for the first demo:

1.  Battle, Death, and Victory poses for all party members (similar style to RTP battlers)

2.  Facesets for each party member (any style you want, doesn't have to be that anime-style that we see so often).  We just need a single faceset for each for the demo, but after the demo, we will need ones showing different emotions, for example anger, surprise, etc.

Try to finalize one pose for each party member ASAP so we can create their sprites for the map.  Let us know if you run into any issues, and post stuff up for feedback :)