Robin concept art

Started by The Niche, March 04, 2011, 08:06:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Niche

March 04, 2011, 08:06:58 pm Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 12:33:01 pm by winkio
Start creating concept art for Robin.  Look at her character topic for her description.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Hatsamu

Busy day today, I didn't manage to get Gerald done too...

Here's Robin with a dagger and the lyre I posted in the other topic, all subject to changes, of course.

Spoiler: ShowHide

(Now that I see her hair on the screen, it looks way too similar to Alice's, maybe. xP)

WhiteRose

I think it's a good first draft. I like the general ragged appearance, but I also think she needs to look a little more flamboyant. She is a bard, after all - appearance is half the show. Nothing too over the top, but getting pretty close. I agree with your opinion that her hair style looks similar to Alice's. I don't really blame you, though, as we hadn't discussed it at all, so you were just going with what you were given. Also, not meaning to be nitpicky here, but I don't really like her shoes; those don't seem practical for a traveling bard.

All in all, not bad. Some of the details could use a little touching up, but as a whole it's pretty good.

The Niche

Quote from: WhiteRose on March 10, 2011, 10:56:48 pm
I like the general ragged appearance, but I also think she needs to look a little more flamboyant. She is a bard, after all - appearance is half the show. Nothing too over the top, but getting pretty close.

Best way to do that is lots of bright colours. I like the clothing, but I thing there should be one or two patches and at least one of the cuffs should be intact.

I agree with your opinion that her hair style looks similar to Alice's.

She's a bard, so I would suggest doing something a little more flamboyant.

I don't really like her shoes

Agreed, those are way wrong. I'd suggest she either go barefoot, perhaps one barefoot, but definitely some more practical shoes, probably roughed up a bit.
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

WhiteRose

Quote from: The Niche on March 11, 2011, 11:11:42 am
Agreed, those are way wrong. I'd suggest she either go barefoot, perhaps one barefoot, but definitely some more practical shoes, probably roughed up a bit.

Um, I don't think being barefoot would be practical either. Especially not one bare foot.

I'd suggest something like, if you don't mind an example, Jack Sparrow's boots in the Pirates movie. (The first one, at any rate; I haven't seen the others recently so I can't really speak for them.) Rugged and worn, but practical and sturdy.

I like Niche's idea of having a few patches; I think that would fit her well, especially if they were brightly colored and clashed violently with the rest of her outfit. :P

As for my ideas on hairstyle, it's a bit of a tough decision; we want her to look flashy and showy, but also rough and poor. Maybe have it somewhat long but tied back with some sort of colorful array of ribbons. Just an idea.

Though I like the hat, the "pointy hat" design immediately leads me to thoughts of wizards and magic, simply because that's what that design has become commonly associated with. Maybe we should try something like this, except more colorful and with maybe another feather or two:

Those are just some of my suggestions, at any rate. I'm fine with whatever sort of final decision we reach.

The Niche

That hat is brilliant! Anyway, that sketch really made me think Robin Hood. It'd be nice to strike a few parallels between her and the good god of sherwood.

Hatsamu

The Niche

Epic...just...epic...I'll upload a character sprite for her later on.

WhiteRose

I am venomously opposed to the blue hair. I was thinking more along the lines of brown. Though I like the bright colours, I don't think it should be extended to her hair colour.

The shoes also still remind me of ballet slippers.

I like the hat, and the new lyre looks fantastic.

In my opinion, she should have green eyes.

Overall, though, it looks good. Great work! Thanks again for spending so much time helping us on this project.

The Niche

Quote from: WhiteRose on March 16, 2011, 01:22:43 pm
The shoes also still remind me of ballet slippers.

Good point, the shoes haven't actually changed at all.

Quote from: WhiteRose on March 16, 2011, 01:22:43 pm
In my opinion, she should have green eyes.

Either I'm very confused, or she already does.

Subsonic_Noise

While I love most things about it (especially the instrument), I don't like her facial expression that much. Try something more... dunno, when I imagine a bard, I think quick-wittedness. Try to put that into the expression somehow, otherwise, fuck you I love it.

Hatsamu

Today's a busy day, but perhaps I'll get some time later to do colour changes.

Her eyes are green, but maybe you're looking for a darker green, Rose?

Her forme shoes are "solid", this new ones are made out of fabric, I guess I had something like this on my mind when drawing that, but I've replaced the elastic with a rope or something:

(I could try using a model next time for shoes if this won't, I never really cared that much about them xP)

WhiteRose

You're right about the eyes. I was looking at the image on my netbook, which doesn't have the best screen. Upon examining it on my better computer back home, her eyes are indeed green, and look just fine.

winkio

WhiteRose

Quote from: winkio on March 16, 2011, 06:45:56 pm
What about sandals?

Meh, I still like the idea of boots better. It just seems to be that boots would be what all travelers would be wearing in this setting. I've probably got my mind so bent around the idea that it's biasing my opinion, though, so if the rest of you decide on something else, I'll be fine with it.

winkio

AliveDrive

Looks good.

I have a suggestion building on Winkio's multiple weapon idea. Could she use her instrument as a potential weapon? 'Cause that'd be nifty ;)
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

winkio

that would just break it.  Besides, it wouldn't do any damage compared to a knife or a crossbow.

AliveDrive

Lol I meant using a song to maybe lure them to sleep or confuse the enemy.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

The Niche

That'd be more like a skill. But she could have a blade concealed in her instrument.