Run Time Package

Started by G_G, March 07, 2011, 02:47:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

March 07, 2011, 02:47:28 am Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:58:27 pm by The Niche
Run Time Package

Introduction

As a game creating program, we need an RTP (Run Time Package). This includes default data already set for Actors, Skills, Classes, Maps, etc. And also includes music and graphics. Background Music, Sound effects... and Animations, Battlers, Characters.... This thread is made for the purpose of keeping track of the RTP, our plans for it, and anyone willing to help out with it.

Database

Here we will have all database info regarding Actors and stuff of the sort. All followed items may or may not be in the final version of the RTP.

Actors
  • Anywhere between 4-10

Actors Planned
Ronnie: ShowHide

• Name: Ronnie
  • Class: Monk
  • Stats: Unknown
  • Weapons: Staff
  • Graphics: Unknown
  • Levels: Unknown

Maximilian: ShowHide

• Name: Maximilian
  • Class: Sword Master
  • Weapons: All types of swords
  • Graphics: Unknown
  • Levels: Unknown

Classes
  • Anywhere between 4-10 (Match number of Actors)

Planned Classes
Fighter
Knight
Barbarian
Hunter
Rogue
Mage
Alchemist
Cleric
Monk

Skills
  • Anywhere between 20-100

Planned Skills
None

Items

Planned Items
None

Weapons

Planned Weapons
None

Armors

Planned Armors
None

Enemies
  • Anywhere between 20-40

Planned Enemies
The Niche: ShowHide

• Name: The Niche
  • Skills: Unknown
  • Reward: Unkown

Enemy Groups
  • Anywhere between 20-40

Planned Enemies
None

Status Effects
  • Anywhere between 10-20

Planned Status Effects
None

Animations
  • Anywhere between 20-200

Planned Animations
None

Tilesets
  • Anywhere between 10-50

Planned Tilesets
None

Common Events
  • Anywhere between 0-1

Planned Common Events
None

Graphics

Animations
  • Anywhere between 10-50

None

Autotiles
  • Anywhere between 10-50

None

Battlers
  • Anywhere between 50-100

None

Characters
  • Anywhere between 50-200
  • Includes Humans, Monsters, Objects

001-Hero01 by The Niche: ShowHide

Iconsets
  • Anywhere between 1-3

None

Panoramas (fogs, map backgrounds, battle backgrounds)
  • Anywhere between 20-50

None

Pictures (pictures, title screens and game over screens)
  • Anywhere between 2-3

None

Tilesets
  • Anywhere between 10-50

None

Transitions
  • Anywhere between 5-10

None

Windowskins
  • Anywhere between 1-2

None

Sounds/Music

Will update this...

Recruits

We are looking for people to create Graphics, compose Music, and someone to create Database entries. Anyone wanting to help with this will get full credit for their contributions and will (most likely) receive a developer's license which allows projects to be sold commercially, of course depending on  how much you've contributed.

Graphic Creators
Spoiler: ShowHide
  • The Niche

Music Composers
  • None

Database Helpers
  • None

All updates will be done tomorrow (My time) So please be patient. Topic mostly made just so its here. Also stickying this topic. @Moderators, feel free to make any changes as you please, but please wait after the topics complete. Thank you![/list]

Lore

Please elaborate a bit on the Database part. You mean just adding all these resources into the Database editor?
Facebook is like your fridge. You know nothing is in there, but you check every 5 minutes anyways.

G_G

I mean actual entries. Creating the actual actors. Example, creating an actor would involve creating the name, setting the graphics, setting the stat range, setting weapons etc.. Doing this for all database entries. Look at RMXP's default RTP. They have Aluxes, Basil, and whatnot. All this is is just a default database that users see when they create a new project.

Lore

I can do something like that. As long as all the graphics and such are given by others, I can work on the default entries.
Facebook is like your fridge. You know nothing is in there, but you check every 5 minutes anyways.

Blizzard

Remember that we can't put anything into the database yet because we haven't decided on a data format yet. After thinking this through many times, I have come to the conclusion that the best thing for actor parameters would be a hashmap with the parameter name as key and a number as value. That would make adding a new parameter easy as clicking 2 or 3 buttons or something like that.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

YES! And possible plugins via GUI? Where its easy to edit these stats? Mhm yes sexy it is.

The Niche

So, will we use the xp rtp spriting style? I move for yes, it's easier. I shall contribute to this. Also, how big should our rtp be?
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

G_G

Not so sure if we're sticking to that spriting style. I think it would be better if we had our own style and template and what not.

Aqua

I say we have our own style.

But we could use the RTP for placeholders XD

The Niche

Alright. Wait, that means I have to redo the babs templates. FUCK. Seriously though, that's a good idea. I can't really do scratch human sprites yet so I'll have to delegate that responsibility. Cough cough Aqua cough cough.
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

Blizzard

Not really, Niche. They are reusable. xD

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

The Niche

You silly boy. I meant I need to remake them to fit the new spriting style. *Backhands*

Also, theme of the rtp. Do we want to do something wildly different and break away from the medieval themes?

Aqua

Over the weekend, I might try to draw some bases...
In terms of pixels, how big should a normal human be?

G_G

Probably around the size of an RMXP sprite. Maybe we could make it a bit bigger but try and keep the width of the character within a 32 pixel range.

The Niche

I'd say don't go over fifty eight pixels high, to make sure that spriting doesn't become such an ordeal that no one will want to do it. Up to you, though.

ForeverZer0

I would say to maintain compatibility we should stay with the RMXP sizes. This will also make it so that there is already a wide pool of ready resources to use at realease. I lack of useable resources would likely turn many off to it.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

The Niche

I agree with that, definitely. We should wait and see what Aqua comes up with first.

Blizzard

Basically go with 4x4 frames. Size is not that important as RMXP is also able to use any size as long as it uses 4x4 frames.
We should keep in mind that we are not allowed to use RMXP's RTP in our project. RMXP's RTP is exclusive to RMXP. But any other RMXP resource should be usable with ARC.

The Niche

Oh, yeah, four by four. Should we consider making it compatible with eight by four?

Blizzard

ARC will run with anything.