Run Time Package

Started by G_G, March 07, 2011, 02:47:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Niche

It'll have to learn to walk with anything first.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

G_G

Bump. Niche, are you going to be a graphics person then so I can officially add you to the first post?

The Niche

I am. Also, I'd like to be the final enemy in the preconfigured database :P
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

G_G

The Niche

Right, so first things first. Ronnie needs a character! So, first of all, are we going to break away from the medieval theme?

G_G

I don't think so. I think we should keep it medieval. And if we are keeping it medieval, I shall have medium-ish dirty blonde hair. And blue-ish clothes as a thief or a wizard

The Niche

My dreams of a steampunk rtp are really never going to come to pass...also, what weapon should he have?

G_G

Steampunk is an interesting idea. Hmm....I guess we can have other people vote on whether we should have medieval or steampunk. *goes to add poll*

As for the weapons we'll decide that when our genre is decided.

The Niche

Other ideas:

Futuristic? I'd be inclined to back away from this one, honestly.

Modern.

Something like around colonial times?

Roman era.

Blizzard

I suggest that we go with medieval as our primary. We can always make another RTP. After all RMXP was supposed to have more than one RTP, but I don't think that ever happened.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

Seems we're using medieval Niche. As for my weapons, either knives or poles. Like the pole you see Kilik using from Soul Caliber.

The Niche

Alright, I'll get on that as soon as I finish doing the bow template. So, soon.

unknown

Think we are in need of a proper thief design. With dark purples and black layers, one chain going over his shoulder to under his opposite arm and fingerless gloves:

http://levgrossman.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/thief_3_thumbnail.jpg

Rough base.

Just an idea obviously

The Niche

legacyblade

I've got my own sprite base we could use for this. I'd be willing to contribute a few sprites if it meant my baby finally saw some use :P

G_G

legacyblade

Here it is. What you guys think?

Spoiler: ShowHide

Here's a download for the template. Is it good enough/something we want to use? I designed it to have a similar feel to the RTP, but to give a slightly more realistic style.

The Niche

March 16, 2011, 03:19:18 pm #37 Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 03:21:10 pm by The Niche
Any objections? No? What's that? You have one? Well then...

OBJECTION OVERRULED.

We're using it.

Edit: Actually, quick question: Have you a female variant?

Blizzard

The frames looking upwards tilts to the sides when walking while the downwards one doesn't. You should fix that in the upwards direction. Other than that, *marks Niche's post, CTRL+C, CTRL+V*
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

March 16, 2011, 03:49:02 pm #39 Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 03:54:17 pm by legacyblade
Oh. That looks like a misalignment error. Good eye blizz. I'm not as adjusted to pixels as I once was. I'll go fix that.

And I can whip up a female variant. All I really need to do is change the chest area for that.

Glad we're gonna use this. You have no idea how many months I've worked on this thing.

-- edit

Here's the fixed version

I'll get that female version tomorrow or the next day. I have to finish a website before sparing today, so I'm a little swamped.