Run Time Package

Started by G_G, March 07, 2011, 02:47:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

March 17, 2011, 05:09:38 am #40 Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 05:15:55 am by Blizzard
What about Music? := I guess I could contribute a few tracks. After all, does anybody remember my "Temple Melodica" track? If I revamped that one and fixed it up, it would sound really nice. Though, I'm not sure if I still have the project file. I remember that I wanted to delete it. ._. Meh, I can always remake it.

EDIT: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute. I know somebody. Why didn't I think of him earlier? :naughty:
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

I'll edit my music post tomorrow during school. Sneaking computer time is tough.

Aqua

Behold!
A tree... in progress

G_G

The Niche

*Applause*

Now I gotta learn how to do tilesets. Dammit Aqua...
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

lonely_cubone

Hey, I might be able to do some music! What style do we want? Just typical video game music, like the RMXP RTP stuff?

Ryex

music is different in that your going for mood rather than style. do what you want to.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

lonely_cubone

Quote from: Ryex on March 22, 2011, 09:24:14 pm
music is different in that your going for mood rather than style. do what you want to.

Okay. I don't quite know how to put it, but it seems to me like the XP RTP music has a different "style" than the VX or 2k3 RTP music, even though they all have a variety of moods. Also, VX and 2k3 seem somewhat similar to each other, while XP's music is quite different. Maybe it's just because of the leitmotifs and stuff that they put in for each one, but it seems like there's something else that makes each RTP's music seem like a whole package. Then again, maybe it's just the instruments they used, I never really payed much attention to it before. Whatever it is, ARC should have some kind of cohesive set of music, rather than just a bunch of different-sounding songs.

Anyways, I'll get started writing some stuff.

Blizzard

Combine good style with fantasy. RMXP's stuff is mostly just meh. It's kind of too slow for everything. No energy behind it. Try some uplifting tracks as well as ambient instead of the half-assed attempts from RMXP. The only good music in RMXP are the battle themes (they're not that good, though), because they have that little something.

Should we use mp3, ogg or MIDI? I think we should stick to high quality MP3 (either 192 kbps, 256 kbps or even 320 kbps). If somebody wants to convert them to a lower quality, that's their choice.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

lets try to stay away from midi  it's great for somethings but it isn't capabul of producing high quality music. mp3 and e both ogg are both good so lets accept either one but I would say mp3 is more common ect.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Starrodkirby86

If that's the case, then make sure that the track itself loops nicely and does not take up a lot of space. While I know .ogg has its supposedly impressive compression attributes (compared to say, .mp3), the music tracks can add up in disk space. If there isn't much of a selection to begin with though (Being that it's an RTP that should just provide the good ol' default barebones), then I don't think memory will be much of a problem though. Just saying that if, say, you had a selection as large as RMXP's RTP, then I would have to say things like creating short, loopable tracks would be a better idea. xD

Of course, I'm assuming you considered that though. o: I just want to throw it out, anyway. xD

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

Yeah, tracks under 2 minutes are just fine. You don't have to make symphonies here. xD
In any case, render everything in mp3@320kbps, we can decide later on a final format.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Blizzard on March 23, 2011, 03:03:20 am
Yeah, tracks under 2 minutes are just fine. You don't have to make symphonies here. xD
In any case, render everything in mp3@320kbps, we can decide later on a final format.

Disagreed. Converting from one lossy file format to another (or to a different bitrate) is a really bad idea. I'd say save everything as mp3 320kbps AND lossless wav, in the highest resolution possible, so we can convert from there.

Starrodkirby86

Naaaah mannn, do it in .flac ! :V:

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on March 23, 2011, 03:47:08 am
Naaaah mannn, do it in .flac ! :V:

Flac is lossless, but compressed, so nope. :P
The problem is that you should not compress a file multiple times. I mean seriously, would you run a picture through a jpeg compression multiple times? :P

Blizzard

You are right about that, but 320kbps is mathematically lossless. So you can't really consider it lossy.

The Niche

Are we going to use the same tileset sizes? Legacy's template is the same size as the rtp, so we should be able to.
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

PhoenixFire

I'll help with adudio if needed. I've done a bit of work for things like this before. Just need to mess around a little, and, redownload the programs I use for synth..
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Blizzard

Sounds good.

@Niche: Yeah. IMO the width of 256 and no max height with 32x32 tiles is a good idea.

The Niche

April 08, 2011, 02:41:10 pm #59 Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 02:33:54 pm by The Niche
Right, grand.

Edit:

*Drumroll*
Ladies and gentlemen, the Niche market is proud to present, the very first character graphic in the ARC rtp, it is 001-Hero01, as used in the preconfigured database for Ronnie!
Spoiler: ShowHide

I'm not really sure about that naming system, it doesn't feel quite right. But I couldn't think of a class for a staff-user.