Title Graphics

Started by winkio, March 08, 2011, 12:20:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

The title of the game is "Song of Destruction"

Let's see some title screens, logos, banners, and whatever other title graphics you want to come up with!

Shalaren

first as the game logo O: you guys wanna come up with a game symbol or anything?
and as for the font I Searched around and found this one
http://www.dafont.com/ayosmonika.font
its just a suggestion though.

winkio

I like most of the letters, but N G and U look too weird.

WhiteRose

I think the font should be up to whoever draws the title screen.

Shalaren

March 08, 2011, 08:00:01 pm #4 Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 08:04:36 pm by Shalaren
well I kinda offered my self to that, but if I do I wouldnt wanna use a font that people wouldnt agree with o-o.
also let me try and see how the game title would look in this font.
ill edit in a sec

edit: I take it back O-O the title looks messed up with this font as capital D looks like a combination of d and e.
so umm, what about that?
http://www.dafont.com/fantaisie-artistiqu.font?text=Song+of+Destruction

winkio

I like it NOW POST A REAL LOGO/TITLE :D

Shalaren

March 08, 2011, 08:13:54 pm #6 Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 10:06:42 pm by Shalaren
That is the quickest logo Ive ever made o-o.
anywho back to my older question, you guys wanna come up with a symbol? I could easily draw it. and this way...
Spoiler: ShowHide

This logo wouldnt look so emepty o-o
also i find it wierd that the "O"s have the little dots in them, i mean all of them, so I could take them out and leave only the one in the word "of" in.

also, idk what colors you guys think it should have or how light or dark it should be O:!

if you have a better idea, shoot~

Edit:
Example of how a symbol can be used

EDIT #2:
ok I got a symbol and changed the logo effects. if you dont like the symbol then I guess well use something else.

the reason I used purple is because when I think of magic I allways think of the color purple too o-o.. if u want different colours let me know.

Edit #3:
Waits! I improved it while none of you replies S:

Edit #4:
AND FOR THE MORE MAGICAL CONCEPT!

winkio

I tried some out with a different font and red/black themes:

I also had an idea where it was engraved into a rock surface with fire/lava underneath, but I couldn't figure out how to do it well:

My reaction to Shalaren's stuff:
Not a fan of the spiky symbols but maybe that's just me.  I like the font, but could you try one using all caps as well?  just so we can see what it looks like.

Shalaren

March 08, 2011, 10:24:10 pm #8 Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 10:25:54 pm by Shalaren
QuoteI also had an idea where it was engraved into a rock surface with fire/lava underneath

I like that Idea, but the screen would look rather boring as its just a rock.

as for all caps, Imma do it in a sec. also I use a different symbol.

Edit:

winkio

Hm, I liked the lowercase text better.  I love how the outlines are done as well.

Shalaren

March 08, 2011, 10:43:43 pm #10 Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 10:48:35 pm by Shalaren
ok so what about it?

or

not much difference S:

Edit:
OR

winkio

:D Love the text.

What if the symbol was of Robin's instrument?  We haven't really decided what that instrument is yet, but a harp or a lute or something like that might be cool.  I'm just trying to think of something that is related to the game.  I guess the main symbols would be: Robin's instrument, Church Symbol, Cult Symbol, and Magic Symbols.  So if you can think of a symbol that is more representative of one of those things, that would be better, in my opinion.

Shalaren

March 08, 2011, 10:55:57 pm #12 Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 11:01:45 pm by Shalaren
yes, it would be alot better, these are just to show that the logo goes good with a symbol.

so what would the symbol be? suggestions please o:

Edit: oh also as for the title screen, It would be good if we had an artist to draw the characters, as we could put them in the background,
alot better, then just putting a random effect as the background.

Quoteharp or a lute or something like that might be cool

is that part of the story yet? I need to be certain what the instrument is.

Hatsamu

I started working on a title screen before this topic had any reply, but I was too busy with many other things at house and my inspiration was cut off xP

I was also planning on creating a logotype based on the three fods and the overgod (something depicting a planet, with three circles conected to it and all them conected to another circle or shape) but I guess that tiredness + an ankle skew due to a wrong parkour trick are not a good combination so I better go get some rest xD

I'm putting here the first thing I did (I really don't like it very much, but it may help to think new ideas, perhaps). Feel free to use it, comment about improving ir or just ignore it  :V:

It obviously needs a "Song of" on it anda I was going to put the game symbol, once created, on it.

Shalaren, if you want to try and make the symbol to gain some time, I'd try an interlaced "SoD" over the symbol I described above. I'm making it tomorrow anyway, if everything goes ok  :P

Kagutsuchi

Just go to bed and let Shalaren handle this

Shalaren

March 09, 2011, 07:38:04 am #15 Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:43:46 am by Shalaren
ok so we got these ideas, use this logo with this symbol

but as winkio said, this symbol doesnt really "symbolize" anything from the story.
so another option is use the logo just put a different symbol.
like many games have a sword in their logo, or a shield, so it would actually be nice and use a bard's instrument.

and the last option is
well these

made by Hatsamu

made by winkio

winkio's idea of it engraved into a rock surface with fire/lava underneath.

@Kagutsuchi LOL XD
but we are looking for ideas, no need for his logo's to be perfect, if we choose to use his logo concept, I could design a new logo based on it.

because the logo I made was kinda only MY idea with winkio's choice of size.

Edit:
@Hatsamu
QuoteShalaren, if you want to try and make the symbol to gain some time,

im not sure what you mean by gain some time o-o
if you wanna try making the symbol. go for it.

Blizzard

winkio's idea is good, but that title needs a lot of work. ._.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Shalaren

March 09, 2011, 07:50:27 am #17 Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:15:48 pm by Shalaren
well yeah but they just made a 2 second example of what their idea is. o:
Edit!: uhh wait.. how does it really have anything to do with the story?
not saying that it doesnt, I just think that by the story it should have a little bit more *magic* then fire and lava.
the game really isnt about that is it? its about gods and magic (Titanium). one of the main characters is a bard,

Edit: heres a quick backgroundd I made, o:

That does not have to be the color! i can change the colors, its an example..

Blizzard

Damm, I like this one.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

WhiteRose

I second Blizz's opinion; it's definitely a cool looking background for the title screen.