Soundtrack

Started by winkio, March 08, 2011, 12:27:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

We are going to need a good soundtrack for the game.  We will probably use a combination of tracks from different authors, as we need a lot of different pieces.

Tracks we need:

Basics:
Battle
Boss Battle
Map Screen (Level select)

Zone based:
Kingdom (x4)
Corruption Zone (x7)
Desert
Mountain
Snowy
Volcanic
Island
Plains
Forest
Caves
Swamp

Plot based:
Cult theme
Bard theme
Magic theme
Assault theme

The list will be added to over time.

WhiteRose

March 08, 2011, 12:36:57 pm #1 Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 12:38:50 pm by WhiteRose
I think the bard's song should be something like this; whatever it is, we should choose something that's in an instrument at least similar to whatever we choose to give her.

EDIT: Forgot to include the link.
Spoiler: ShowHide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cW82NEivjo

winkio

March 08, 2011, 12:45:11 pm #2 Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:05:59 pm by winkio
Nice, I like it.

EDIT: what do you think of something like this for the corruption zones?
Or we could use a similar style to what they did in Metroid Prime 2.

AliveDrive

To both of you, epic find.

And following suite with Winkio, I think we should use newgrounds for some stuff. There are lots of useful examples. I found my elevator music song there ^.^
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Hatsamu

I'm not sure if I've already linked you to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JExkbsdS7l0

Its a solo lyre arrangement of medieval music.

PhoenixFire

Not sure if you're still looking for suggestions, but, for a game I started a while back, I made a theme song very very similar to the beginning of "Final Countdown" by a band called Europe. youtube is blocked at work, otherwise I would find a direct link, but, it shouldn't be too hard to search for :rockit:

EDIT: It could possibly be a match for one of the kingdom scenes?
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?