Author Topic: [XP] Enhanced Details  (Read 5675 times)

Offline Xuroth

• Awakened Visionist
  • LV: 6
  • *smite!* oops...
    • View Profile
[XP] Enhanced Details
« on: March 11, 2011, 02:00:46 AM »
Enhanced Details
Authors: Xuroth
Version: 0.9
Type: Details Display
Key Term: Menu Add-on

Introduction

This is my first script! This script allows you to show details for your Items, Weapons, Armors, Skills, and Characters. This is just a very basic system.

Features

• Show Item details!
  • Show Armor details!
  • Show Weapon details!
  • Show Skill details!
  • Show Character Biographies!
  • Display 10 lines of text!
  • Display Custom Pictures in Scene!

Screenshots
(click to show/hide)

Demos
http://www.mediafire.com/?5dyfj896yfsj132 MediaFire (195.14KB)(Version 0.7)
http://www.mediafire.com/?mk3knsq3b2ueccd MediaFire (230.16KB)(Version 0.9) <- NEW

Script

(click to show/hide)

Instructions

You need 4 text files to make this work. You need 5 text files to make this work. They have to be named "Armor_Detail.rxdata", "Item_Detail.rxdata", "Skill_Detail.rxdata",  "Weapon_Detail.rxdata" and "Actor_Details.rxdata"(without the quotes). Place these in your /Data folder.
Also, due to my scripting ability (or lack thereof), each item starts every 11th line. The first armor will display from line 11 to line 20 of the text file. The first ten lines of each file should be either empty or contain the placeholder text I included in the demo.
I will try to update this later to allow the script to automagically determine the number of lines, and possibly make the window scrollable. But for now, this is it.

To use this, just insert above main. It only edits Scene_Item and Scene_Skill so as long as its below those, it should work just fine.

Compatibility

Probably won't work with custom item windows or skill windows such as those used by fancy CMS'. This was designed from the DMS, and I am a n00b scripter after all. I may figure out a way to increase compatibility with CMS' later
Also, this script uses aliased methods and does not rewrite any existing methods, only adds to them.

Credits and Thanks

• Xuroth (for making this script)
  • Jackatrades (for the original idea)
  • game_guy (for help with alias)
  • DerVVulfman (for help with basic coding and the original idea)
  • Blizzard (Inspiration)
  • ForeverZer0 (Inspiration and help with coding)
  • LiTTleDRAgo (requesting graphics)
Thanks to you guys, I was able to complete this system. You guys Rock!

Author's Notes

Remember: You need the text files re-named as .rxdata files. You can grab mine from the demo and edit them to match your game (if you use it)
I am reworking the code, so if any scripters have any advice on ways to improve the code, let me know!
v1.0 will have a redesigned window layout.
This is a VERY basic system. It has potential for more, but it is only my FIRST script.

Post any bugs you find here, and I will try to fix them... if I can.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:11:27 PM by Xuroth »

Offline Spaceman McConaughey

• Legit Poo Poo Man
  • Lexima Warrior
  • LV: 46
  • muh murph
    • View Profile
    • Titties, titties, and more titties!
Re: [XP] Enhanced Details
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 04:24:44 AM »
Very nice script! :D

Offline Xuroth

• Awakened Visionist
  • *smite!* oops...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 04:36:46 AM »
@Tuggernuts: Thanks!

If anyone has suggestions to improve the code, or suggestions to make the system better, feel free to post them. I plan to support my scripts, though it may take me a few days due to work.

By the way, this script, when completed will be a full fledged system capable of more than just "read a text file for x lines and put it in a window" (Also, when I say completed, the script will function, but compatibility is limited (with CMS'), but I have more feature ideas planned!)

Offline Ryex

• Arctic Bird of Programming
  • Global Moderator
  • Chaos Ultimate
  • LV: 197
  • Wants to write a compiler for fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 07:53:12 AM »
*moves*
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.

DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.
(click to show/hide)

Offline LiTTleDRAgo

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 510
    • View Profile
    • ~
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 08:45:06 AM »
@Tuggernuts: Thanks!

If anyone has suggestions to improve the code, or suggestions to make the system better, feel free to post them. I plan to support my scripts, though it may take me a few days due to work.

By the way, this script, when completed will be a full fledged system capable of more than just "read a text file for x lines and put it in a window" (Also, when I say completed, the script will function, but compatibility is limited (with CMS'), but I have more feature ideas planned!)

how about using custom picture as background?

Offline Xuroth

• Awakened Visionist
  • *smite!* oops...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 05:14:37 AM »
@LliTTleDRAgo: That seems like a good idea. That would add some flair that other similar systems do not posess. I will update this soon.

in the next couple of days, ill update this to show custom pictures. Im at work and Ill be busy for the next couple of days. Expect the update on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Offline EZ Destroyer

• Awakened Visionist
  • LV: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 02:36:45 PM »
suggestions:

put more than 10 lines of information and be able 2 scroll down if exceeding the screen.

the word mythril shield(example) should be bigger and in a different colour.

Offline Xuroth

• Awakened Visionist
  • *smite!* oops...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 03:46:27 PM »
I'm not sure how to make the window scrollable. Also, the way the text files are set up, its a nightmare to format them. The more lines to display, the more of a headache it is to set-up. I am brainstorming any ideas on how to rescript the system so that it can display more lines... I can edit the names to show up bigger. as for color, just look for where it says
Code: [Select]
D_ITEMCOLOR = Color.new(255, 255, 255, 255)in the configuration area, and change the numbers in that. it is set up as (Red, Green, Blue, Opacity).

I'll probably do some research and figure out how to scroll the window. I probably won't add more lines, as I will move the description area down, give it its own window, and add other information above it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 03:55:41 PM by Xuroth »

Offline ForeverZer0

• CP's Pedophile
  • Global Moderator
  • Guardian of Chaos
  • LV: 294
  • Remember you are unique, just like everyone else.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 10:56:14 PM »
If you make the window contents larger than the window, then add input for the controls to scroll the bitmap, it will work fine. Window_Base doesn't have the implementation built in, but Window_Selectable does. It will automatically add little arrows at the top/bottom to show that the window can be scrolled. I'm sure you can find some scripts around here that implement it for some good examples.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Offline Xuroth

• Awakened Visionist
  • *smite!* oops...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 11:46:01 PM »
alright, thanks Zer0.

BUMP!
Updated to 0.8!

Also, if any scripters out there have any ideas or suggestions to improve the code, I'd love to hear it. I am only a noob. Advice is welcome so I can learn and improve.

No double posting within 24 hours thank you! ~ G_G
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 04:02:30 AM by game_guy »

Offline Xuroth

• Awakened Visionist
  • *smite!* oops...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 12:16:03 PM »
updated to 0.9... just one step away from a full system!
@LiTTleDRAgo: I chose not to use custom pictures AS background, but I did feel that custom graphics should play a role. there fore the new script will look for .png files in your Graphics/Pictures folder that are named like the selected object.

This system may have a couple bugs in it, as quite a few appeared just before I was going to upload the demo. I updated the script, and it *should* work fine.

As always, bug reports or tips on how to improve this are welcome!!!