Title Sequence

Started by winkio, March 18, 2011, 08:13:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

The default title sequence sucks, so we should make our own.  I'd like to see a splash screen of Chaos project, then the title screen background, then the title screen text with some sort of entrance effect, and background music, then the menu.  Also, we could use the particle system to create random music notes coming off the lyre, or something like that.  Of course, it doesn't have to be anything like I described, just throwing an idea out there.

WhiteRose

I definitely like the idea of using the particle system to make notes come off the lyre symbol. I think that would look great.

Should we have an intro cut-scene type thing that plays when the game is started, but it goes to the title screen when a button is pressed, or should we just go straight to the title screen as soon as the splash screens are done displaying?

winkio

March 18, 2011, 02:01:02 pm #2 Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 09:35:28 pm by winkio
There could be a scripted intro scene, but nothing on a map.  It should go without saying that pressing any button will skip the intro scene.  Also, a custom title menu would probably be nice as well, since the default one sucks.

EDIT: scratch that, the menu will be separate, just the title screen, the text, and a 'Press Start' somewhere.