Current Development Build

Started by Blizzard, March 24, 2011, 04:27:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Whenever there are events that transfer you, there is a weird rendering bug. Also, some of the enemy arrows managed to change to different colors. Such as purple, dark red, bright red. And the intro is still bugged.
Spoiler: ShowHide

The "Chronicles of Sir Lag-a-Lot" title image doesn't seem to be disposing. Once the intro credits are done, it shows back up and doesn't go away until you take control of the player. Also, the title text gets blurred after the first initial display of the title image.

Blizzard

I have no idea what is going on. What the shit? Seriously. ._.

(The blurred text is also an image so the sliding animation looks better.)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

VanillaSky

Mhm that doesn't sound so good..

I hope that I can make the game run on ARC somehow and get rid of these bugs.. :/

Blizzard

The worst thing is that I have no idea how these problems are even possible. I have no problems on my PC whatsoever.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

do you have an nvidia or AMD graphics card, because we all have nvidia.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

Were you asking me or Blizzard?

Regardless, I have an nVidia at the moment with the most recent drivers.

VanillaSky

Quote from: Blizzard on November 03, 2012, 02:11:53 pm
The worst thing is that I have no idea how these problems are even possible. I have no problems on my PC whatsoever.

Does the Zombie re-spawn with your version? And do the battle animations stack? I just don't understand why it works perfectly for you while it works shitty for us despite having very good rigs..

Also, I fixed the "Day survived" bug, so that's not a thing anymore.

Blizzard

As I said, everything works just fine. :/

VanillaSky

This is awkward :D

On the one hand, I'm happy that it works for you - but I don't understand why it doesn't for Ryex or me. Are our GTX570 cards cursed? This is really weird..
Well, I still have much to do and hope that in the end it will work flawlessly with ARC since I want to release it with 60 FPS + across Linux/Windows/Mac..

MarkHest

I tried the Sir-Lag-a-Lot as well and I have the same problem. The text is blurred and there are some graphical bugs. I think i remember the windowskin being gone as well.

Blizzard

Quote from: MarkHest on November 12, 2012, 02:37:45 am
I think i remember the windowskin being gone as well.

That actually started to make a whole lot of sense to me. I think I might know what the problem is: Your graphic cards have trouble with render-to-texture. I have to use render-to-texture because of text rendering, other methods are far too slow. Because of that, I have simply changed all stuff in ARC to use render-to-texture. Though, it does not explain why anything is working at all. If render-to-texture does not work with text, it shouldn't be working at all. What are the other graphical bugs that you are experiencing?

MarkHest

Sorry to disapoint you but I was wrong about the windowskin problem. They are displaying fine for me, however some of them have weird rendered corners.
Anyway, I made this example video (no sound) of playing around the game with the ARC Engine. You can see for yourself just how things change as I keep playing. Some of the problems are rather interesting... like when you save the game and go back to the map.

Download .RAR file (MP4) (70MB)

VanillaSky

So, any progress about that Nvidia problem guys? :)

Blizzard

Nope. At least I wasn't able to do or reproduce anything.

Ryex

frankly I cant even find the code where animations are handled...
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Rahvin

April 15, 2013, 08:19:54 am #175 Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 08:22:39 am by Rahvin
Hello,

I did try the latest build 0.9.8.733 today, but the only thing I see are serious grafic errors ;) :

Edit:
My System:
Win XP
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS

Blizzard

This is really weird. Are you using the latest graphics drivers? To me this looks like your graphics card doesn't support basic ARGB textures through DirectX9 properly.

Rahvin

It is an old PC from our company. The graphics drivers are up to date because the PC was freshly installed a few weeks ago.

I don't know the technical differences betwenn ARC and rpg maker vx ace. But the later one runs smoothly on this machine.

The credits from your demo runs fine and the splash screen right before the credits start is shown correctly as well.

Blizzard

It could be possible that too much VRAM is used.