[XP] Wizered67's Ultimate Mouse Menu

Started by Wizered67, March 27, 2011, 05:00:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wizered67

March 27, 2011, 05:00:14 pm Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 04:21:17 pm by Wizered67
Wizered67's Ultimate Mouse Menu
Authors: Wizered67
Version: 0.86
Type: Custom Mouse Menu System
Key Term: Custom Menu System

Introduction

When Ryex first released his Mouse Window API, I thought it was a cool script, but I didn't think I would ever use it. However, I soon realized that if I wanted a menu that didn't pause my game, I was going to need to make it myself and Ryex's Mouse Window API seemed like the best option. Finally, I have made enough progress and I feel that it is in a form I can release. This easy to use menu comes with various windows which should be enough for basic games. This script is not perfect and has a few things that need to be added or fixed. If you find an error, you should report it here.

Features

• An easy to use menu for RMX-OS and Blizz-ABS that doesn't pause the game.

• Features a main menu, item menu, hotkey menu, equip menu, and stat distribution menu. A quest window is in progress. Also includes a shop window.

• Comes with right click menus (although they are set to open on left click) that let you find out more about your items.

Screenshots
Spoiler: ShowHide

You can see some more screenshots of this in action in my project thread for Legendary Kingdoms Online. The link is in my signature. Oh yeah, and be sure to support my game while your at it  ;).

Demo
You can download the demo here:

Script
See the demo.

Instructions

Configure the script (There's not much) and place all of the menu scripts and Ryex's Mouse Window API in your game. Make sure you add
$mouse_window_controller.update

to the update method in Scene_Map.

Compatibility

Requires Ryex's Mouse Window API. For best results, use with RMX-OS, and Blizz-ABS.

Credits and Thanks

• Wizered67 for making the script

• Ryex for his Mouse Window API and helping me.

Author's Notes

Enjoy and be sure to credit. Feel free to post if you have problems or need help or have feedback.

Noob

Excellent script! If I ever find a new site to host my game, I'll be sure to use it! :)

RoseSkye

Tried it and in your project has it erroring out from some nil integer.

Wizered67

What line is it? There's a chance I did something stupid with the demo.

RoseSkye

76 is one of them but every time I try the demo I find another.
Also you can open many instances of the same menu screen. I instictively hit the esc key when I want to go back and/or close the menu. Doing so forces another menu open and it goes on. Once a menu has been opened even if you close it you can not speak to the shop keep anymore.

Wizered67

March 29, 2011, 09:58:47 pm #5 Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 10:23:31 pm by Wizered67
Which script is the error in on line 76? Opening more than 1 menu is a simple fix, but I'm not sure what I messed up with events no longer working. I'll check it out and try to fix it.

edit: I fixed where you could open more than one menu (although I left it that you can open more while you have it on the item window, equip window etc.) and fixed the event problem. I don't know what the error on line 76 is, but you may get a lot of erros just because Blizz-ABS and RMX-OS are not being used. It would be helpful if you could give me some details about the line 76 error so I can fix it and upload a new version.

RoseSkye

Quote from: Wizered67 on March 29, 2011, 09:58:47 pm
Which script is the error in on line 76? Opening more than 1 menu is a simple fix, but I'm not sure what I messed up with events no longer working. I'll check it out and try to fix it.

edit: I fixed where you could open more than one menu (although I left it that you can open more while you have it on the item window, equip window etc.) and fixed the event problem. I don't know what the error on line 76 is, but you may get a lot of erros just because Blizz-ABS and RMX-OS are not being used. It would be helpful if you could give me some details about the line 76 error so I can fix it and upload a new version.

uninitialized constant Weapon equip menu:: RMXOS

Wizered67

Tht's because RMXOS is not being used in the demo. Basically, the scripts need to be transfered over to a project with it.

RoseSkye

Quote from: Wizered67 on March 29, 2011, 10:28:21 pm
Tht's because RMXOS is not being used in the demo. Basically, the scripts need to be transfered over to a project with it.

Ah, well there is still the multi menu and the npc interaction

Wizered67

March 29, 2011, 10:31:50 pm #9 Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 10:40:36 pm by Wizered67
edit: I fixed where you could open more than one menu (although I left it that you can open more while you have it on the item window, equip window etc.) and fixed the event problem. I don't know what the error on line 76 is, but you may get a lot of errors just because Blizz-ABS and RMX-OS are not being used. It would be helpful if you could give me some details about the line 76 error so I can fix it and upload a new version.

edit: I have uploaded the new version with the fixes.

RoseSkye

Quote from: Wizered67 on March 29, 2011, 10:31:50 pm
edit: I fixed where you could open more than one menu (although I left it that you can open more while you have it on the item window, equip window etc.) and fixed the event problem. I don't know what the error on line 76 is, but you may get a lot of errors just because Blizz-ABS and RMX-OS are not being used. It would be helpful if you could give me some details about the line 76 error so I can fix it and upload a new version.

I dont see an edit on the original post so I assumed that you didn't reupload

Ryex

there is an edit. also nice work. it seems you've mastered the API. but my windows are still better than yours :P
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Wizered67

Actually, in his defence, RoseSkye posted that before I updated the first post. I just though he was saying I still needed to fix it so I quoted myself saying that I had already fixed it.

And I don't think my windows will ever be as good as yours. You are the creator after all.

RoseSkye

Once you enter another scene (example: Item menu) you can re-call the menu and it repeats. Is there a way to have the cancel button cancel those scenes instead of recall the menu?

Wizered67

I'll look into it assuming that by "scene" you mean the item window.

RoseSkye

Quote from: Wizered67 on March 30, 2011, 10:38:43 am
I'll look into it assuming that by "scene" you mean the item window.

I assume that all other sub-scenes of the menu does the same... Item menu is what I tested though

diagostimo

June 11, 2011, 09:33:55 pm #16 Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 10:48:11 pm by diagostimo
hey im trying to get this to work with the os, but im having a problem getting past the log in screen, the mouse works but i cant activate any
menu buttons, i put all the scripts from the demo under abs and os, i replaced the scene_map file with the one from the demo, and ideas?
edit- can click on the server then from there i have to press enter to log in, then when in game right click is not calling the menu escape is, but i can left click to scroll the menu's.

Wizered67

It seems to me (correct me if I'm wrong) that the problem is probably with the Mouse Controller and not this script. By the way, I'm pretty sure I remember there was at least one problem with this script I never fixed, so if you find it, please tell me and I'll try to fix it.

diagostimo

June 11, 2011, 11:07:00 pm #18 Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 11:42:42 am by diagostimo
what with my control config? i can only see 2 places to config, that been in the abs script and tons of ad-ons
no sweat i got it working now, in the conifig script it says to change the input to escape if using custom controls,i just
had to change this back
edit- would there be anyway to implement this skill shop into the script, as i had it before and it is no longer fully functional with the new menu
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=3727.0

edit2: i cant get this to work properly with the visual equipment plugin, i i set the character to already have the equipment equiped on startup it works fine but if you start with no equipment then try to equip it, it comes up with this error-

script 'equip armour' line 63: type error occurred.

i saw in the screenshot that it looks like your using it to, so maybe you know a fix?

Wizered67