I suddenly can't post in the sbox`

Started by Vell, March 28, 2011, 04:09:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vell

Wheneve rI try it says 'the last post from your IP was within the last 30 seconds' and my post doesn't og through. I've tried waiting upwards of a minute.

Anyone else having this issue? D:

Blizzard

Flood control is enabled for both posts and shouts. If you try to post/shout within 30 seconds, you will get that message.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

Oh god that would be HORRENDOUS if Sally ever became active again and we were on at the same time... >.<

AliveDrive

Would it be a good idea to make the shoutbox only usable by members with more than 10 posts?

With current spam protection in place on posting, one would have to go to a lot of work to spam the shoutbox even if they knew of this suggested workaround.

EDIT:

And then we don't have scrub nubs spamming for HALP! xD
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Ryex

no the shout box should stay open. though I would think that limiting flood control to say 15 or 20 seconds would be better I've been caught by it too. and it seems that getting the error counts as a post so you have to wait after you get the error for 30 seconds to shout again which can be annoying.

but then it's better then getting spamed by thousands of shouts.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

I have reduced the time to 15 seconds. I don't think we are going to see an attack again like the one before.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.