Titanium System

Started by winkio, April 02, 2011, 03:06:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

I'll start working on it, since it is kinda important.

WhiteRose

Sounds like a plan. I look forward to seeing it as you make progress.

AliveDrive

Once the scripting is done, I can see how much can be done with Common Events.

Or find ways/ideas to augment/improve the system.

That will surely save time and even the workload.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

winkio

April 02, 2011, 07:44:29 pm #3 Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:16:41 pm by winkio
Lol!  I was going to go through all the trouble of creating a new type of item, modifying the party, and everything else, but then I realized that because of the database extensions, we can just create them as armors in the normal database and tack on a few small things with scripts.  Best idea ever.

EDIT: I've handled the basics of the equip screen.  I'm displaying duplicates individually because I thought it was a good choice (so if there are 3 of the same titanium, they will show up as 3 separate items instead of 1 item with a 3).

WhiteRose

Quote from: winkio on April 02, 2011, 07:44:29 pm
EDIT: I've handled the basics of the equip screen.  I'm displaying duplicates individually because I thought it was a good choice (so if there are 3 of the same titanium, they will show up as 3 separate items instead of 1 item with a 3).

I agree with that decision. Be sure to put up some screenshots when you have a free moment.

AliveDrive

Have we decided on a total number for the titanium?

If not... < 50.
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

winkio

April 05, 2011, 07:14:47 pm #6 Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 05:35:59 pm by winkio
yeah, it will probably be something manageable like 24.

EDIT: unfinished, but operational equip screen
Spoiler: ShowHide

WhiteRose

Quote from: Mr. Tally-Mon on April 05, 2011, 07:14:47 pm
yeah, it will probably be something manageable like 24.

EDIT: unfinished, but operational equip screen
Spoiler: ShowHide

It looks good so far. One thing we'll want to consider is the font size - because much of the Titanium will have longer names, we might want to use a smaller font so that the names don't look so "smashed."

winkio

hm, yeah.  I have an idea for a good display, but it's way too flashy and time consuming for me to work on before the demo.  If I have extra time, I'll start working on it though.

AliveDrive

Wow.

That looks incredible.

So we should keep that system.