Scripting School Student Signups

Started by Ryex, April 06, 2011, 01:41:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

April 06, 2011, 01:41:33 am Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 02:16:39 am by Ryex
Scripting School

This is the signups for the Chaos Project Scripting School which will use actual requests from the community as learning material.

Requirements For Signup

By signing up you agree to the following

• You are willing to work up to two hours a week on the assigned tasks.
  • Any completed Request will be released to the community with the Chaos Project Scripting School as the author and any students that worked on the script will be credited in the thanks.
  • All work done on requests fulfilled by the school in the property of the school and no claim of property can be made.

For each system we do there will be a round of lessons that walk the students through the process of writing the script system. Students can signup at the beginning of the round but after that signups will close until the current round of lessons is complete and a new round starts.

Students can repeat the school with a new round of lessons but be aware that the lessons will start form the beginning.

Students Signed Up

ATTENTION: Further Signups are closed for this round of lessons

• The Niche
  • GrieverSoft
  • Dweller
  • cyclope
  • Sacred Nym
  • brandedsoul
  • Lanzer
  • jragyn00
  • Nakuto Inaru
  • element
  • Mapper2100
  • flrodude
  • Paladinz
  • AngryPacman

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

The Niche

*Signs up*

I shall add a cartoon based on this into my biography.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

GrieverSoft

I like pie.  The pie is also evil.

Dweller

Dwellercoc
Spoiler: ShowHide

cyclope

Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

Sacred Nym

Quote昨日の自分に「さようなら」
Say "Goodbye" to who you were yesterday.

Blizzard

April 06, 2011, 02:48:02 pm #6 Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:56:53 pm by Ryex
Spoiler: ShowHide
C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

*signs up too*

:V:
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Blizzard

*doesn't want to mess up the "last edited by" part and double posts*

<3

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

GrieverSoft

I like pie.  The pie is also evil.

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Ryex

well there is definitely enough people interested. and now thanks to Blizz we have a good Idea to work with for the first project. I'll write up the first lesson and I'll be ready to start Monday next week.

until then I want you to start thinking about skill level systems. a system where your skill become stronger as they level up. if you were to make one with no restrictions to your ability what features would it have? how would it work? would you gain experience in skills as you used them and level up your skills by using them? or would you use some form of point system to level them up like in a dungeon caller?

we'll have to decide on the system we want to design and make.

PhoenixFire

Well, I know that what I would like to see would be a point system so the player can select what skill they would like to get better at.. That would obviously require a more advanced skill tree however
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Blizzard

Quote from: brandedsoul on April 07, 2011, 09:13:56 am
That would obviously require a more advanced skill tree however

This kind of script is way out of your league now. That's why I have suggested a simple skill level script.

Lanzer

Jragyn

Oh, haha, I'd like to sign up.

(didn't notice this post)
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

Nakuto Inaru

I seem to have stumbled upon a great site. Sign me up!

element

Oh, You have to post here to sign up eh xD
Sign me up teacher!

Mapper2100

is it too late to sign up???

*signs up*

flrodude