Started by Ryex, April 08, 2011, 07:02:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

I noticed when I was trying out the dimming of the layers. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

Za? I only added pygame dependency just now. until my commit a few seconds ago (magical 200) all pygame stuff was commented out...
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

When I tried running wxgltext.py the other day, I got some error messages of not being able to import some pygame stuff so I figured that I had to install it. Once I did, everything worked fine. True, it took a while until it started (probably Python byte code compilation), but the point is that it worked after I installed pygame.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

I just realized that the RPGutil.py in the test/code/rmxp folder had be copied out before I commented out all the pygame stuff. I fixed that yesterday :P
but I added the code back in to the cache.py file as I needed the hue rotation. I actually have no Idea if it works though...

*goes to try a test*
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Will we be able to make an release build without pygame dependency?

Ryex

we could If I can figure out how to do the hue rotation using PIL instead of pygame.

but then we would be stuck using pyglet to play sounds which need the user to have AVbin to play files other than wav

Pygame doesn't require AVbin but it can only really play ogg and wav. mp3 can crash if the format isn't exactly right

so really, I would say if we can we should but I can't really figure out how to do the same hue rotation in PIL at the moment. the second I do I'll remove Pygame completely

Blizzard

If there is no way to do it automatically, we will simply implement it manually.

Ryex

Blizzard

Alright. Best you check out how it's done, i.e. how the coloring system with hue-saturation-brightness works.

Ryex

April 21, 2011, 05:55:59 am #29 Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 11:21:46 am by Ryex
Ok I've implemented the change hue function in PIL the function is close to 3 time slower than pygame though (0.308 seconds rather than 0.167 seconds) but at the same time we don't need to distribute with  3.5 MB library that we are only using for one ten line piece of code. :/

EDIT: assembla is having server problems ... :( it's committed now, yay!

EDIT2:
ok this is freaking epic I just managed to DRASTICALLY reduce the amount of time needed to rotate the hue of an image with PIL and woudn't you know it it take twenty times a much code... oh and numpy :P.
Spoiler: ShowHide

the times on the left are from my new PIL function, the right the old loop and set each pixel separately PIL function and as you can see its even faster than the pygame version.

how awesome am I? :P

Blizzard

Sometimes code can be optimized heavily if you separate some specific cases and process them in a more optimized manner rather than doing all of it in a general way so you end up with more code. If that makes any sense. xD

Ryex

actually I did it by doing the color calculation manually. before I was usieng the ability of the pyhton colorsys module to do the RGB to HSV calculation which meant I could only do pixel at a time which meant I had to do a loop through every pixel.

with the exspanded version I did the calculation my self and uses numpy to to the operation element wise on the c level. much faster that way.

ForeverZer0

Using a script to iterate pixels is always slow. That is why I didn't bother trying to implement a Ruby version for transitions when I wrote that custom resolution script.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Ryex

On F0's Discovery of http://pytools.codeplex.com/
I have abandoned Eclipse and created a Solution in visual studio using python tools.

it WAY better.

ForeverZer0

Quote from: Ryex on October 13, 2011, 07:49:17 pm
On F0's Discovery of http://pytools.codeplex.com/
I have abandoned Eclipse and created a Solution in visual studio using python tools.

it WAY better.

I was ecstatic after finding it last night, lol.
The improvement is huge, and it feels good to be back in the IDE I am familiar with.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

ForeverZer0

I've decided to use matplotlib for generating and setting curves for parameters. I'm sure we can find some other neat uses for it as well. The license is based on the same one that Python uses, so thats good, too.

I've updated the main post, but here's the link to save you time:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/matplotlib/files/matplotlib/matplotlib-1.1.0/

Download the file:  "matplotlib-1.1.0.win32-py2.6.exe"

Ryex

Ryex

October 25, 2011, 06:52:56 pm #38 Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 07:14:05 pm by Ryex
In VS Tools>Options>Python>Interperter Options there is a button called "generate completion database" This will get auto-completion working properly in Python Tools

Ryex

I'm moving to python 2.7 see first post for details