Character Set Templates

Started by legacyblade, April 14, 2011, 05:48:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

legacyblade

April 14, 2011, 05:48:29 pm Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:55:15 pm by legacyblade
Hey. Here are the templates for the ARC RTP.

Male
Spoiler: ShowHide

Walking:

Female
*coming soon*

Child
*coming soon*

teatro

August 09, 2011, 11:30:57 am #1 Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 11:50:16 am by teatro
is 128x192 only the default size for character sets? or can i make a 192x288 dimensions or higher? because i'm thinking of characters like ogres, giants, dragons, or other oversized creatures.  :shy:

also forgot to ask, will there be a face sets feature? :shy:

Blizzard

Any dimensions are fine, just make sure they are dividable by 4 because of the number of frames.
We still haven't decided on facesets as standard feature.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

XandosUnlimited

August 12, 2011, 03:52:33 pm #3 Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 04:21:28 pm by XandosUnlimited
I'd like to try my hand at creating some character templates, have you guys chosen a template already or will that be put to a vote at some point?

e
sorry, i was in a bit of a hurry before, i like your template legacy, but i would like to try for the default template as well if that's okay :)

Ryex

we are using the template that Legacyblade has created for us. if you think you can copy the style and create the missing templates that's cool and you can have at it.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

XandosUnlimited

August 12, 2011, 04:25:43 pm #5 Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 04:28:09 pm by XandosUnlimited
Hmm, i think i can help legacy improve the default template then. But up to him.
Or maybe create an alternate template, if that doesn't rub you guys the wrong way that is, optional to use aside from the main.

Blizzard

I personally don't mind an alternative template, but we should make all the characters for the RTP from only one template. Talk with LB about it.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

XandosUnlimited

August 12, 2011, 05:28:17 pm #7 Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 01:05:48 am by XandosUnlimited
You're right, it's better to stick to one template in the end.

If the first character template is not completed for any reason let me know peeps.

Dweller

I know that a lot of people (like me) prefer to draw using layers (photoshop, paint.net, etc..), so I divided the template in 2 images so is easy to put each one on a different layer:

Dwellercoc