Character Sets Progress

Started by legacyblade, April 14, 2011, 07:02:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

legacyblade

I really like the purple haired dude o.o I see him being used in a lot of games.

Fantasist

Wow! Those look just great, and they'd look better if you smooth the shading a little more. Great job :up:

Quote from: legacyblade on October 07, 2011, 11:38:43 am
I really like the purple haired dude o.o I see him being used in a lot of games.

That's a dude? You mean row 2 col 4, right? I thought it was a girl, what with the bouncy looking short hair and the large gown-like look of his robe o_o
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

zenvirzan

I think the mage (row 2, col 1?)'s dress looks a bit like the contrast tool went nuts - A bit harsh on the eye. If you moved some of the highlighting to the hair, we'd be all set :)

mad.array

January 15, 2012, 06:23:18 pm #43 Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:25:55 pm by mad.array
Just throwing in my two pence worth. I've quickly thrown together the standing pose for a Male Scholar.

I threw it in at 2* magnification to show the poor poor shading.

Now I'm none too confident with my spriting abilities, but let me know what you think and if it isn't too abysmal I'll carry on. If not, I gave it a shot!
"To walk at speed, manage or oversee..."

"RUN!"

TheSquish

January 17, 2012, 10:14:46 pm #44 Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 01:15:14 pm by TheSquish
So I made some samples of my work. I created a template from the RPG Maker Fighter Sprite.
Let me know what you guys think.

Spoiler: ShowHide

random bushy-haired dude

random cloaked lady

NOTE:Sorry bout the difference in size, I forgot to resize one.
The mind is willing...but the body is spongy and bruised.
-Captian Zapp Brannigan

legacyblade

@Mad.Array, That looks pretty good. The hair is a bit sloppy, and the clothes could use some more shading (or maybe increasing the contrast will do it). Also, add some shading on the hair line (darken the skin a little), it usually makes it look better. Other than that, looks good. I hope you finish it.

@TheSquish, your spriting looks decent. But we already have a template. If you'd like to help out, use that.

TheSquish

January 23, 2012, 09:38:33 pm #46 Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 03:38:28 am by TheSquish
Started working on more random sprites.
Preliminaries for male knights.
*Please ignore the haphazardly applied hair

Male knight in plate armor

Male budget knight in tunic/mail

Whattchu guys think?
-Captian Zapp Brannigan

legacyblade

I'm really digging the budget knight. Please finish him!

And the regular knight is pretty good too. If you clean his hair up a bit, he's gonna look freaking awesome!

Blizzard

I agree with LB, those look great.

Also lol @ BUGDET in Budget Knight. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

such good sprites!
Squish, I lov- *cough* level you up.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

TheSquish

January 25, 2012, 02:58:01 am #50 Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 01:24:17 pm by TheSquish
Moving along...more preliminaries. Female knight

and female barbarian

Plate mail dude will get finished at a later date.
My current goal is to make 1 male and female for each class
-Captian Zapp Brannigan

legacyblade

Lol, the female knight looks kinda like a female version of a sprite I made awhile back. She's s cute!

And well, there's not much ON the female barbarian, so it's hard to critique her. Maybe change the bottom bit from a bikini to a loin cloth. I think it'd fit better. But it's fine as it is now too.

TheSquish

January 28, 2012, 02:04:19 am #52 Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 06:08:25 am by TheSquish
More drafts

Male Barbarian

Male Mage

Male Cleric

Cleric was kinda borking my brains. Right now this sprite is giving me alter boy vibes...not sure if that's a good thing.
-Captian Zapp Brannigan

G_G

They're looking freaking great so far! Keep up the great work!

TheSquish

January 31, 2012, 03:41:47 am #54 Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 03:53:07 am by TheSquish
New Draft

Female Rogue

Also thinking about putting hat on male cleric. What you guys think?
-Captian Zapp Brannigan

Blizzard

It would be good if not all clerics had hats just for the sake if diversity, but it suits him just too well. xD I'd say keep the hat. It also makes him look "less badass", more like a nice guy and healer type.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

TheSquish

February 10, 2012, 01:05:02 am #56 Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 06:18:02 am by TheSquish
New Draft

Female Cleric fresh from the nunnery or wherever they come from

Edit: So busy with random stuff. More Drafts!!!

Male Hunter. Somehow he ended up with Sora-ish hair...

Female Hunter. For some reason I imagine her with really hairy legs.

I decided to go for the mahou shojou look
-Captian Zapp Brannigan

SBR*

Wow, really good job :)! *levels up*

TheSquish

OMG..so I was totally sick for a good bit of February.
Ready to get back on the grind even though I still got quite a ways to go with Doctor appointments and such.

Anyways...alchemist are making my head explode so can people send me pictures of what they think an alchemist
should look like? Male and female please.

Thanks.
-Captian Zapp Brannigan

G_G