Want to Help?

Started by legacyblade, April 14, 2011, 07:03:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

legacyblade

April 14, 2011, 07:03:27 pm Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 07:02:31 am by Blizzard
Do you want to make character sprites for the ARC RTP? Do you want your graphics to be seen, admired, and used by countless new aspiring game creators (without having to make a resource topic)? Or do you just want to help get this awesome engine ready as fast as possible? If any of these are true, this is the right topic for you! But before you start helping, there are a few things you need to know!

What you'll need to sprite character sets

• A Drop Box account (get one here) so you can access the working RTP folders (after getting a dropbox, get access here)

• A proper template (find them here)

• Choose a sprite from one of the described ones here (PM me or Niche to inform us of your choice)

• Read these tutorials on how to sprite in the ARC RTP style (*coming soon*)

Naming Conventions

All sprites are named in a similar fashion to the RMXP default RTP (001-fighter01, 002-fighter02, etc.). The basic template for names is as follows:

<listNumber>-<className><classNumber>.png

(get the exact list number in the ARC RTP, as we already have placeholder sprites for each sprite).

For each of the class sprites (Fighter, Knight, Barbarian, Hunter, Rouge, Mage, Cleric, Alchemist, and Monk), the gender is up to you. The fifth of any class (the fifth fighter, fifth hunter, etc.) should look evil or "dark" so as to add veriety

For each of the non-class sprites (Civilian, Scholar, etc), the first half of the sprites will be male, the second female. For example. Civilian sprites 1-5 should be male, while civilian sprites 5-10 should be female. The first DarkLord sprite should be male, the second DarkLord should be female.

Progress bar

If you want to see the progress we're making, check out THIS TOPIC

Credits

Don't forget to add your name and the list of the contributed filenames in credits.txt!

Blizzard

Aw, you sneaky bastard, you put up your Dropbox link as well. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

I sent a permission request. You'll get it from blocker222.

MetalRenard

Do you need a composer to provide a standard music package?
If you do:
http://soundcloud.com/samthemetalman/sets/game-and-filmscore-music/
I do the kind of music you could need. I've actually already started this kind of thing.

Ryex

Wow! thats awesome! any thing you want to contribute to the RTP would be greatly appreciated
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Zexion

Where do i get the character templates from because on the topic in the first post the male walking template doesn't work/isn't loading.

legacyblade

ForeverZer0

Just throwing the old "Bump" out there on this forgotten topic...
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Taiine

I got a couple of custom trees I made for my game I can give to the RTP for ARC.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Taiine

I don't understand the dropbox. So here.

Treeeeeeeeez. Shadows need to be added to some or redone entirely. You can edit the colors if needed.

I also have some auto tiles for a grass land I made you can use as well.

You can easily get the reg grass/dirt/etc tile from these as well.

I'll see what else I can toss your guys way, even if just one tile. :P

Shame you guys didn't want to use my charset I also did for my game. ^^;

G_G

Taiine

Thanks. ;3 I was/still am making a nice forest set for my game. Trying to find my custom tileset these went with but the PSD seems to have been misplaced Grr. *hunt hunt*

ForeverZer0

If you accepted the link in the email, just click it, choose to download and install.  If you registered already, choose "I already have an account", else make a new one.  Once you got that, a folder will be made (in Documents by default), and within that will be a folder called "RTP".  Just stick the files into the Graphics folder and your done. ;)
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Taiine

Still not sure about this drop box thing, but I moved the files in, not sure how to upload them or will that just move on it's own?

Ryex

it uploads them automatically.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Taiine

Okay, then I guess there uploaded? If so, nnjoy!

ForeverZer0

Yup, they're there.  Thanks a bunch!  ;)

InfinateX

I think it would be really awesome if I could help! I'm best with human character sprite (for the map), I can easily do recolors if any are needed since I have paint.net, and if I can get my avatar up you can see how good I am with adding special effects to images :D

I've already submited lots of graphical peices I've made to the Anatomia Community Character Generator on OmegaDev. I have the same user name so if you want I can either post some examples here or you can search for them!

I'm anxious to help!
I made a signature!

ForeverZer0

PM me your email account that you use for your Dropbox, and I'll be happy to add you to the fileshare. :)

Trinitygamer

i would love to help out, but i'm best for Icons, grass/wall/floor tilesets, but i have made a few mobs and animals t0o... (i can try to see if i can do people, but i make no promises on that one @_@)

anyway, here is an example of my grasses:
Anyway, tell me what you guys think.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us