[Finished][ARCed] Database Editing Actions

Started by Ryex, April 15, 2011, 05:44:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

April 15, 2011, 05:44:07 pm Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 02:07:04 pm by Ryex
Database Editing Actions

Description

The action framework provides a template for actions that can be done and undone. This task entails sub-classing that template and writing an action or set of actions that facilitate editing the data in the database. the action classes should provide a interface for setting the data to be modified and the commit and reverse methods should be implemented. these actions will be expanded upon later to facilitate ARC functionality but for the moment they should work simply on RMXP data.

there is a module project in the RMXP module and in the project module there should be a class Project. the action should provide an interface for passing an instance of this class as a container for the project data to be modified.

Priority

Normal

Prerequisites

Editor Undo/Redo Action Framework

Assigned

Game_Guy
Ryex

Everything else

I Made a file in the Core called DatabaseActions. in it I wrote a sample action for Actors

a similar action needs to be made for every other RPG data type
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Ryex

I've made a sample action for Actors. I need to com up with a way to edit Tables with slices but other than that this is a very simple task to do. for now just do what I did for tables.

G_G! THIS TASK HAS YOU WRITTEN ALL OVER IT.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

Quote from: Ryex on October 16, 2011, 10:51:12 pm
G_G! THIS TASK HAS YOU WRITTEN ALL OVER IT.

* Adds G_G to "Assigned" section *

Now it really does.  ;)
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Ryex

G_G

Got Armors and Classes done. I'll do a couple of more then commit my work. I'll probably have all of them done tonight. :3

ForeverZer0

Bumpity-Bump-Bump-BUMP.

Wasn't SOMEBODY supposed to be doing something with this. I'm sure there was a name assigned to it...
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

G_G

I've been working on it here and there. I know I haven't commited any actual work yet. I'll do some more tomorrow and then commit my work. Sorry. I'm still trying to get used to this whole SVN thing. S:

ForeverZer0

Bumping this again since it has been a week with still no inactivity.

Ryex

An Update on this task, I've assigned my self to this task and will stark work after this week (last weak of the semester, lots of work to do)

I implemented these actions:

ActorEditAction
TableEditAction

G_G implemented these actions:

LearningEditAction
LearningsEditAction
ArmorEditAction
ClassEditAction
TroopEditAction
SkillEditAction
WeaponEditAction

I need to go back and clean up and double check them to make sure there are usable (I didn't check for completion but form the looks of things only the tail end of the method where it returns true or false for the success of the action needed to be implemented)

here are the actions that still need to be implemented:

MapEditAction
MapInfoEditAction
EventEditAction
EventPageEditAction
EventPageConditionEditAction
EventPageGraphicEditAction
EventCommandEditAction
MoveRouteEditAction
MoveCommandEditAction
ItemEditAction
EnemyEditAction
EnemyActionEditAction
TroopMemberEditAction
TroopPageEditAction
TroopPageConditionEditAction
StateEditAction
AnimationEditAction
AnimationFrameEditAction
AnimationTimingEditAction
TilesetEditAction
CommonEventEditAction
SystemEditAction
SystemWordsEditAction
SystemTestBattlerEditAction
AudioFileEditAction