Second Lesson, Break it down.

Started by Ryex, April 18, 2011, 09:44:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GrieverSoft

:facepalm:

@$$hole...

Anyway, I'm sure we'll have a lot more work to do in the summer.  We hope.
I like pie.  The pie is also evil.

Blizzard

Some people just don't have manners.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

The Niche

You dare to doubt the mighty Ryex?

@Ryex: Well, keep at it.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

AliveDrive

Seriously what do you want for free?
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

PhoenixFire

June 21, 2011, 10:16:33 am #44 Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:17:51 am by DigitalSoul
Spoiler: ShowHide

• The system

• The configuration

• General settings

• What you will allow at the beginning of game to be chosen (race, gender, name, class, etc.)

• Individual character/weapon settings

• Skillset list: What your starting or basic skills are, and, how to get experiences for each.

• Weapons "Stuff": Any weapon specific things that need to be defined specifically via scripts

• How to kill yourself: Well, not really. How will one lose experience / life / etc is defined here

• The engine

• Ok, I'll take a shot at this part..

• List and find everything the game needs for resources, like pictures, sprites, audio files, etc.

• Initialize the main loop, and, any supporting modules.

• Do game stuff here...

• Exit game loop and clean up memory, resources, etc.

Yeah, so I stole the outline from Naoise... He won't mind.. Plus, it's changedededed...
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Ryex

you got the general Idea down but your breaking down the entire game engine not the system we are working on.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />