Editor Icons Request Thread

Started by Ryex, May 03, 2011, 03:44:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowPierce

->Actually those are shaded... Here's my first attempt, the one without shading:

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

SquareMan

I think the shaded version looks better, but it's really up to the project managers I guess.
QuoteThey've got helmets on they're heads. But I gotta watermeloan instead!

ShadowPierce

->I haven't heard any replies for a while... So has it been decided yet? :D

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
1161-0627-9890

ForeverZer0

I'd say the shaded. You never really did an unshaded version. Those are the old ones that use the different symbols. I still think I can tell enough from it that I would vote for the shaded, though. Now you must do MOAR!
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Ryex

ya, keep the shaded ones, they look the best. the best being AWESOME!
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ShadowPierce

->Thanks, and thanks for helping me out on my VB problem... Thanks to you, I still got time to make a few facesets for my project & 2 versions of Undo & Redo:

And a pretty cool Cut icon:

I thought the slash effect was appropriate for our theme...  8) I still haven't thought about the themes of the Copy and Paste icons, I'd like to hear from you guys... :haha:

Thoughts? Suggestions? Spontaneously violent and murderous reactions? :3

1161-0627-9890

Ryex

I like the second versions you have there with the non tapered end

First post updated folks. take a look because there are new icons to fill.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ShadowPierce

->I'm willing to take on a few more, namely:

Quote from: Ryex on May 03, 2011, 03:44:40 am
Database Toolbar
the "database" icon in RMXP is being expanded to have each of it's tabs opened as a new panel with it's own button

• Actors Icon Needed
  • Skills Icon Needed
  • Items Icon Needed
  • Weapons Icon Needed
  • Armors Icon Needed
  • Enemies Icon Needed
  • Tilesets Icon Needed
  • System Icon Needed

I want to know what you think about the concepts:

• Actors - Red bandana (?)
• Skills - Blue Magic circle/ Wooden Staff
• Items - Round vial with blue liquid inside
• Weapons - Normal Iron Sword with yellow handle
• Armors - Steel Body Plate
• Enemies - Orc Face
• Tileset - A couple of Mountains
• System - Wrench (?)

Of course, I'm not claiming them already, anyone can still race me to finishing these (you can try :troll: )... :haha:

BTW, if I donate a few icons from my project, does that mean it belongs to ARC when I do?  :huh:

1161-0627-9890

Ryex

October 02, 2011, 03:10:56 pm #48 Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 04:42:13 pm by Ryex
if your asking if we will claim the rights to those icons then no, they will still be yours. You could ask us to remove them at any time, and we would comply (abet we'd be a bit disappointing). we only have the rights you grant us.

so, what do you mean donate them form your project? are you saying that you already have a few of these icons you describe done and are intending to use them for your project? if that's the case I'm not sure how we should feel about that. I kinda feel like we shouldn't accept resources that aren't intended solely for our use if it is going to be embedded in the editor as this has the potential to cause us probelems. Blizz, Zer0, G_G? what are your thoughts on the matter?

Blizzard

Well, it depends on you, like Ryex said. If you want to give the icons to us so they belong to ARC or if you just want to grant us the non-exclusive right to use your icons in ARC, that's up to you. Keep in mind that, if you choose the second option, you can possibly cause us problems and we'd really like to avoid getting ourselves in a position where we can have problems in the first place. :/ But it's still up to you what rights you are willing to grant us.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ForeverZer0

Yes, ideally you would give them to ARC with full permission. This would remove any possible issues in the future that we would like to avoid.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

ShadowPierce

->Actually, the only occasions the icons will be used are in my project and here... I think I'll just make new ones for ARC, I somehow forgot that the icons I have are 24x24... :P

1161-0627-9890

ShadowPierce

October 03, 2011, 01:28:28 pm #52 Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 01:33:52 pm by ShadowPierce
->After a few tries, I've finally accepted that I just can't sprite those other icons... :^_^': So I guess this will be my final submission for ARC's icons... I'll be willing to edit them upon request... :haha:

Thanks for the encouragement guys, but I think I've lost my touch... :P Maybe I'll try again when I feel like it... :3

1161-0627-9890

legacyblade

Good icons, but I do have some advice for ya.

magic circle - this looks kinda funky. I think you should redo the edges. The center looks fine though

item icon (potion?) - this looks like the male gender symbol, lol. Not only is it angled the exact same way as the sword, but it's hard to tell what it's supposed to be. I think you should make the neck of the bottle facing upwards. And it needs some shading on the liquid. Also, I think you should give it a more triangular base (since that's usually indicative of a potion bottle in gaming these days)

Sword - great, but could use a tad extra shading (if possible). It also needs a bigger handle. It looks weird.

zenvirzan

October 10, 2011, 02:04:38 am #54 Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 02:14:00 am by zenvirzan
= Slight edit
Not necessarily make the handle bigger, but the handle and blade thinner :)

I do have a few icons to share - I made them quite quickly, and if you like them I'll continue ;)

(Enemies, Weapons, Armours)

The Sword and other thing there (I think it was meant to be an axe, but I dunno, aha. It was a halberd, then a spear, lol) were meant to be for the weapons, but that's already taken :)

ShadowPierce

October 14, 2011, 01:29:53 pm #55 Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 01:36:20 pm by ShadowPierce
->After a week of absence, I got to work with a few icons... BEHOLD!

You can use it wherever you think it suits best, but here's my opinion:
Potion - Items
Magic Circle - Skills
Person in Circle (My tribute to the ever-cliche Arshes) - Actors
Hammer - System (?)
Sparkles - Animations
? Mark - States
Tower - Tilesets
Castle - Tilesets
Shield - Armors
Hat & Helmet - Classes
Paste Icon - Paste (Obviously)
Two Scrolls - Copy
Sword - Weapons
Gear - (Alternate) System
Monster - Monsters
Flag - Event Mode
Star - System/Common Events
House - I dunno, Tilesets?
2 Monsters - Troops

Also, since I'm feeling pretty generous, I've decided to give full & exclusive rights to any of my icons ARC will be using! (With credit, of course ;) )

This is the least I could do for all the help this community has given me... BROHOOVES FOR EVERYONE!!!  8)

1161-0627-9890

ForeverZer0

Ryex

October 14, 2011, 03:09:57 pm #57 Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 03:21:00 pm by Ryex
*walk into thread after sleeping passed noon.* *sees icons* *faints and sleep for another hour*

You are one awesome person Shadow.

ShadowPierce

->Thank you... :D

Maybe you should ban me more often... :V:

So, thoughts and comments? I'll be improving them when I'm free... :haha:

1161-0627-9890

Ryex

My only nitpick is that it is a little hard to tell what the magic circle is with out the contest of you telling us that there is supposed to be a magic circle

aside from that there are just to many choices!