[SOLVED] Really Urgent! Paging file error

Started by stripe103, May 05, 2011, 12:46:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stripe103

May 05, 2011, 12:46:10 pm Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 04:01:41 pm by stripe103
The problem(fixed - see EDIT 2): ShowHide
I(well, my father really) was going to increase the paging file size on my Windows 7 computer to see if it affected my game speed. I was told to restart the computer and so I did. Now when Windows is supposed to boot up, I get a screen which says
Code: Roughly translated text
A disc reading error occurred!
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.

I really need this fixed as soon as possible without having to reinstall since I have many files that I need to have.

If it matters(which it probably do) we did set the paging file size to a maximum of 3 Gb and a minimum of the same. I guess that was where we failed, but is there any way to find the file where it is saved and change it.

Please reply as fast as you can even if it only is an idea that you haven't tried.

EDIT:
If the only way to fix it is to reinstall Windows 7 that is probably no problems since I have a Ubuntu disc from where I can get my files but it would save a lot of trouble if there is a way to prevent this.

EDIT 2: Phew... My father caused it, and he fixed it. Really fast actually. We found out that by changing the file name of the file pagefile.sys so that Windows don't find it anymore, caused it to create a new and functioning one.

Mods or above.. Feel free to delete this topic if you want.