Resolution

Started by ForeverZer0, May 09, 2011, 01:54:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ForeverZer0

Have we decided on a "default" resolution. I realize it can do various sizes, but I was under the impression that we would be using 800x600 unless set to something other.

The reason I ask is for the RTP. I noticed a transition and a gameover sized at 640x480, and thought maybe we should be making graphics sized to the default screen size if that is going to be the case.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

I think we should stick to 640x480 as default. Why? There are already many RMXP resources in that resolution.
I first wanted to go with 800x600 as well, but as I said, this is probably the better way to go. Also, I don't have the original PSD anymore for the screens I have added to the RTP so basically I can't remake a high quality image in a higher resolution. The only thing I can do is resize it manually and that will look ugly.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.