RTP Audio

Started by ForeverZer0, May 15, 2011, 04:06:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkHest

That song is beutifull O:)

AngryPacman

It's one of my favorites :3

And thanks for the SoundCloud follow, Blizz. I returned the favor.
G_G's a silly boy.

MarkHest

TYPE:  BGM
FILENAME:  Field02 (West)
AUTHOR:  Markus Hestnes (MarkHest)
LINK:  Link [MP3 Version - if you're using Google Chrome, just click and listen]

Here is that song you requested Ryex. It's not very much like you described but i tried to keep as much "Western" feeling to it that i chould manage. Hope you like it :)

ForeverZer0

@MarkHest: That is good!

I just want to say again, good job to everyone who is working on the these, the RTP audio is already a huge collection of kick-ass music, and is only getting better.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Ryex

I like it Mark! it's not quite what I wanted, but it still has the epic exploration feel to it.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

MarkHest

October 11, 2011, 09:25:02 am #45 Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 09:29:26 am by MarkHest
TYPE:  BGS
FILENAME:  Dripping Cave
LINK:  Link [MP3 Version - If you have google chrome, just click and listen]

I was the first to contribute a BGM...
...so i shall altso be the first to contribute a BGS!! :dj:

Spoiler: ShowHide
Sound effects is from a VST called Hypersonic II. Same VST i use for many of my songs.

zenvirzan

Hey, when you say SE == ME (lolruby)
Does that mean every time you play an SE the BGM will pause, or MEs will play over the music? :\

Oh, and I just added a BGS to the RTP. A simple low strings loop, not much, but its useful :)

ForeverZer0

Quote from: zenvirzan on October 11, 2011, 10:08:07 pm
Does that mean every time you play an SE the BGM will pause, or MEs will play over the music? :\

No, of course not, that would be horrible. xD
ME's are nothing more than long SE's anyways, so we are treating them as such.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

zenvirzan

But then how would the engine know when to pause the music or not?
I always thought the ME SE idea was great, aha

Blizzard

I never really like that effect.
We can always make an optional parameter that allows any SE to play over the BGM and BGS.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

MarkHest

October 12, 2011, 09:53:26 am #50 Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 10:01:22 am by MarkHest
Wait... are you saying the normal sound effects will play OVER the music? Then how will we add sound effects during cutscenes without making the scene interupt the awesome background music? :O.o:

Or is it the other way around?

By the way, i think SE and ME was a great effects. Like when you sleep at an INN and that sleeping music comes into effects then resumes the BGM afterwards, or when you find something awesome in a chest and another small fanfare plays. It would be kinda wierd if you had those sounds playing while the BGM is still playing, and i don't want to turn off the BGM just to play an SE without music, then re-open it from the beginning. :P
Another solution chould be to manualy turn down the volume over some frames but it chould become a chore if you do it too much.

Don't downgrade ARC, Just putting a few words in there :)
(Unless of course, you had the option to make it an SE or ME while in the Event Window that let you play Sound Effects. Giving you a choice whether you want the BGM to stop or not)

Blizzard

In RGSS mode obviously it will work just as in RMXP. But generally, I never really saw the need for that kind of interruption. It's just a weird concept. I've never seen anybody use it in any kind of engine except RMXP.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ForeverZer0

Either way, as Blizz already said, its nothing to have a simple checkbox in the editor like "Pause BGM during playback" when setting up the SE.

SBR*

December 01, 2011, 05:48:40 pm #53 Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 05:53:24 pm by SBR*
Would you guys accept music made using a cracked version of Guitar Pro :P?

EDIT: Ah, nvm. I'll buy a copy of it sometime soon anyway.

EDIT: I just browsed through the resources really quickly and wow, I must say I find those better than RMXP's :).

zenvirzan

Pity they play horribly in RMXP :\

Ryex

How do you mean. what about the sounds play's bad in RMXP?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

zenvirzan

Well, the authors of the midis that you have in the RTP have already have reverb added to make them sound good on default players.
RMXP adds moar reverb, and its just messy xD
I wanted to use one, and I had to go to school and borrow their Sibelius and remove the reverb manually.
But not all midis have reverb added - in fact, very few do. So its not a reason to just abandon the reverb - Its been making midis sound good in RM for years :)

MarkHest

December 17, 2011, 08:48:23 pm #57 Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 08:50:41 pm by MarkHest
FILENAME:  Calm Fanfare
LINK:  Link [MP3 Version]

I was playing around a bit and got this small piece together and thought: "Eh.. what the hell, this can be used as some sort of calm fanfare or something for ARC."
So yeah, it's a song that's suposed to be playing after a player accomplishes a challenge and some sort of point screen shows up or it could just be used as a sort of fanfare for sertain scenes. Either way, it is a calm and small song that loops quiet well.

Tazero

FILENAME:  The Rise And Fall
AUTHOR:  Tyler Roma (Tazero)
LINK:   Click Here

If you were a fish...

MarkHest

November 21, 2012, 10:21:46 am #59 Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 04:05:14 pm by MarkHest
hm... quiet interesting song, though it's a bit repetetive. Same chords through the same song.
I've tried but I can only think of one situation for this song. That situation could be for example, being chased in a huge underground factory or base and have a timer set that tells you that you need to find the exit before it runs out. It is not quiet fit for a battle in my opinion. Perhaps you should try adding more realistic VST's to it? Since it's not a MIDI, it could sound a bit better.