Author Topic: Old Introduction  (Read 5818 times)

Offline MarkHest

• Video Game Music Composer
  • Astral Trancist
  • LV: 16
  • Smile, Laugh, Live
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Site
Old Introduction
« on: May 19, 2011, 10:58:42 AM »
EDIT:

This is the old introduction post.
It has been deleted. The only reason the topic stays is because there are feedback messages in here. People can read them to get a better insight of the game.

See the topic Instructions to read about the game, download or/and send feedback or criticism.

The new Intruduction is totaly new and have a lot of contents that the old introduction did not.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 07:20:40 PM by MarkHest »

Offline PhoenixFire

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 6
  • ~That's an interesting notion, in it's own way~
    • View Profile
Re: RMXP - [The Missing Part]
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 04:00:00 PM »
This actually sounds very amusing!  :^_^': I'm looking forward to playing it when it's done..
Next off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Offline sanggameboy

• Total Beginner
  • LV: -3
    • View Profile
Re: [XP] - The Missing Part
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 04:07:52 PM »
Ok... I can say:
- Trailer is perfect !!!  :^_^':
- Enemy, bad but great because you drew it !!!
- Battle system... No !!!!  :(

Offline MarkHest

• Astral Trancist
  • Smile, Laugh, Live
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Site
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 05:13:25 PM »
Ok... I can say:
- Trailer is perfect !!!  :^_^':
- Enemy, bad but great because you drew it !!!
- Battle system... No !!!!  :(

@Sanggameboy: The trailer is a bit lagy though(slow computer :P)
You were hoping for a side-view battle system or something more active like Blizz-ABS?  :^_^':

And oh yeah.. about the enemies. They were meant to look the way they do to becous it adds more to the uniqueness of this game. It kinda fits in with it's atmosphere ^^

@DigitalSoul: It will still take a while before it is finnished :(
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 02:05:41 AM by MarkHest »

Offline Fantasist

• Lexima Warrior
  • LV: 146
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 04:37:38 PM »
(click to show/hide)

I've played this twice now. The first time, I just gave up 5 minutes after the (long) cutscene. The second time, I explored the whole place and I couldn't find a save point! I thought you had it later in the game, so I kept on playing. Then, when I was leaving for the mission and collected my armor and sword, I tried to equip it and the game crashed because the weapon icon was missing. MarkHest! Come ON, man! Fix it!
Other than that, the game was utterly CHARMING! :D
Please fix the bugs, I want to play!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 11:00:55 PM by Fantasist »
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Offline MarkHest

• Astral Trancist
  • Smile, Laugh, Live
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Site
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 08:52:11 PM »
It has a bug??  :O.o:

*Fixes it emidiately!*

oh, the save point is that floating blue thing next to the crystal in the place where you start the game.

This shouln't take longer than 1-2 hours.

EDIT: I played the game at that point and it didn't crash for me ._.
Let's see what we can do here... just a little more time...

EDIT 2: The Icon files for both the sword and the armor is imported and when i compress game data and try it out myself it works just fine ._.
I honestly have no idea what could be causing it. I will uppload a new version just to be safe that the uppload might not have missed something.

Do it like this, save before you go and get your sword/armor and if the problem persists you can always import a custom icon and name it to the original ones. If the problem still stays after upploading the demo again i will try to fix it, even thought it might take a while.

The sword name is: 001-Weapon01
The armor name is: 014-Body02.png

Remember to save before going to get them and report to me again if you get the error again.
But it's weird, the files exists for me. I'm clueless.

Upploading demo now...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 09:27:34 PM by MarkHest »

Offline Fantasist

• Lexima Warrior
  • LV: 146
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 09:46:31 PM »
001-Weapon01
Strange, I remember it started with "007-"
I'll report back with the results :)

EDIT: Download link coming soon? I'll wait.
Also, "Chaos Project Save Layout" is by yours truly xD
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 09:49:40 PM by Fantasist »
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Offline MarkHest

• Astral Trancist
  • Smile, Laugh, Live
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Site
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 09:57:17 PM »
The new demo is upploaded now. I hope it fixes it.

So you made that save layout?! I just love it! ^^

Offline Untitled

• Trained Member
  • LV: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 12:01:44 PM »
This is the first RPG I've played in a long time, and I agree that, well, "it's charming". The music is really great, though I wish it looped better.

If you don't mind, though, I'll try and give some quick feedback.
There's very little sense of direction early on. Unless I missed something, there's nothing telling the player to go to Eilzie's favorite spot or that the bridge place is her favorite spot, and it's hard to figure out who Lyrak (that's his name, right? The quest guy) is.
The above problem is made more annoying by the huge maps. Sure, they could be a lot bigger, but it takes a while to get from place to place, and the maps are pretty "eh" with tons of useless NPCs.
Also, this may just be me, but some things, like opening the menu and navigating the battle menu, are kinda slow.
(And I had the icon glitch, but you already know about that one)

On the plus side, however,
Like I said, the music really adds to the game. I honestly can't think of a word besides "charming".
The humor is great. I wish I could think of things like that :<
The combat system is really neat-sounding. I'd prefer if you didn't have to hold down right to access the Element Aura skills (That's what they're called, right? The other skills), though.

There are a few other things I wanted to mention, but I think I should get a bit further in the game before continuing my comments. It's looking pretty good so far, though!

Offline MarkHest

• Astral Trancist
  • Smile, Laugh, Live
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Site
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 03:33:54 PM »
Why do people get that Icon bug!? :???: I am seriosuly confused about it becouse i have the correct files imported and both the Event AND Database says that the icon names are:

001-Weapon01
014-Body02

I just don't know how it fix this glitch, it's so wierd. Everything is how it's supose to be and still people get this bug. (The strange thing is that it works on the computer i have the project on, no errors from my side :O.o:)
There are a few more things i can try out.
I need to know what what the error message says, what files the game says is missing. I could just import the same icon but with a different name. (thought, i am still confused about this glitch)
(click to show/hide)

Quote from: Untitled
There's very little sense of direction early on. Unless I missed something, there's nothing telling the player to go to Eilzie's favorite spot or that the bridge place is her favorite spot, and it's hard to figure out who Lyrak (that's his name, right? The quest guy) is.

I wanted the player to explore the area a bit by herself/himself at the beginning. Plus it's just 4 maps to walk around at first. I thought it would be kind of boring to just put an arrow in the middle of the screen saying exactly where to go all the time becouse that kills the amazing explore-feeling :^_^': . But that's just me.

The music is really great, though I wish it looped better.

This is getting fixed soon, trust me :) I will convert all the MP3 files into OGG and that will take away the interval between the loops and it will loop fluently. The síze of the songs will altso be decreased by 50% or more so the next updated version will be a lot smaller in filesize.

The above problem is made more annoying by the huge maps. Sure, they could be a lot bigger, but it takes a while to get from place to place, and the maps are pretty "eh" with tons of useless NPCs.

I guess the maps takes a while to get used to. Although i am very used to them so i can't realy tell how other people see them, but hey, they COULD be a lot bigger plus adding more life and form to a game is good, that's what i think.

The NPC's are as useless as the people you see when walking through a city in real life ;)

I realy appreciate your feedback. Be sure to point out the things that bothers you the most when you've completed the demo :)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:02:22 PM by MarkHest »

Offline G_G

• Green Gmod Game_Guy AKA G4 AKA hyper-G AKA G-force
  • Global Moderator
  • Chaos Ultimate
  • LV: 407
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 09:41:34 PM »
Adding a "Shift to Run" feature would get rid of the big map issue. If a player can run to the other side of the map, they wouldn't feel the slow pace.

Offline MarkHest

• Astral Trancist
  • Smile, Laugh, Live
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Site
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 09:55:34 PM »
That's not a bad idea!
Though, I feel like that is gona bug a few things for me. I guess i could try it out and see if stuff works the same way it should.

Offline Untitled

• Trained Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 11:15:11 PM »
Oh, no, definitely don't stick giant arrows pointing everywhere. But you could say, for instance, "Let's go to the bridge down south". Also, Eilzie's tent needs some kind of distinguishing feature besides the fact that it's the only one you can enter. Like, a mailbox or something that tells you it's hers. IMO if you ARE going to use the arrows, you'll need to use them consistently.
And if you want the player to explore, I'd suggest making NPCs less useless. Otherwise it's pretty pointless. (Or you could just try that running thing suggested)

... WAIT. The icon missing is 007-Weapon07. That's Wooden Sword's icon.
Just thought I'd point that out before continuing. I guess it's good you included the .rxproj. I'll edit this post when I'm further along.

EDIT: Heal01 not found... And that seems like an RTP problem. You sure you don't need it to play?

EDIT2: Okay, I'm looking through the project files, and a LOT of things are missing. I'm starting to think maybe this was a problem with extraction, but if multiple people had the icon problem, I can't imagine it's just my computer.
Try re-compressing it? Maybe with a different program?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 11:24:53 PM by Untitled »

Offline MarkHest

• Astral Trancist
  • Smile, Laugh, Live
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Site
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 11:33:55 PM »
Yes, i will try all sorts of things to get this bug out of the way.

It MUST die! xD

I will first try to delete all files and then import them again. Then i will try to use another compressing program. While importing the files i am going to turn off the "RTP-Standard" and see what it does.

I will most likely come with an update soon!

EDIT: OMFG! It was the "WOODEN SWORD" that missed the icon! xD
I feel so infinitely retarded right now!
Edit 2: Ah, you already mentioned it  :P It makes me even more stupid xD

You altso said that the "Heal01" was missing? That must be an animation or something, i am not sure why it haven't given me an error about it before, though.

I will look into this a bit more. There's gotta be some more bugs lurking...

I will altso convert every song to OGG now. A new version should be up within the hour. Maybe 2 Hours.

Edit 3: Maybe 3 hours...

Edit 4: I just ran into a few problems with Wave Lab and it won't compress the songs as i want them to. The next release will still take a day to finnish as i will soon go to bed. It's 02:21AM for me now :P

EDIT 5: The Demo Version 3.2 has now been released! Read the notes in the download spoiler to see the changes i made.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 09:46:27 PM by MarkHest »

Offline Untitled

• Trained Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 03:24:48 AM »
Much better. I can't seem to run, though.

Also, DANG THE EARLYGAME ENEMIES DO SO MUCH DAMAGE. Griding time, I guess. But despite the fact I forgot 90% of what I was going to say, this is looking pretty good (except for the mapping still, but I don't exactly expect you to change all that)

Offline MarkHest

• Astral Trancist
  • Smile, Laugh, Live
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Site
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 04:07:50 AM »
The "run" switch is turned on at the start of game.
Since you probably started off at a save point with the updated version the switch never got turned on for you.

If you want to run, you'll have to open up the editor yourself and add a temporal guy that turns the switch on or you could just start over from the beginning xD

EDIT: Ah crap! I turned on the wrong switch to the run Event xD I am fixing this now and will then uppload it.

EDIT 2: Done Upploading. The run function should now work perfectly!

EDIT 3: Almost done making a brand new battler for Eilzie. Which i am going to release as soon as it's done.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:43:12 AM by MarkHest »

Offline MarkHest

• Astral Trancist
  • Smile, Laugh, Live
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Site
Re: [XP] - The Missing Part - (Title Missing)
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 04:42:43 AM »
Uhm, so what now.
Do we delete this topic now?
With all of these wonderfull feedback messages? :'(
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:43:44 AM by MarkHest »

Offline winkio

• Epiq
  • Administrator
  • Guardian of Chaos
  • LV: 199
  • I am lying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2012, 04:46:05 AM »
This topic is now locked, but discussion of the game will continue in its new board

Offline Blizzard

• This sexy
  • Administrator
  • has over 9000 posts
  • LV: 642
  • Magic midgets.
    • View Profile
    • You're already on it. (-_-')
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2012, 08:24:37 AM »
Actually I think I'll move this there. It makes the most sense. But definitely make new topics.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze      King of Booze: Never Ever      Pet Bots
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android      Pet Bots for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS      Pet Bots for iOS
Drinking Game on Steam

Quote from: winkio
I do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney Stinson
When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.