YVD (Yu-Gi-Oh Vertual Desktop)

Started by Memor-X, May 21, 2008, 09:26:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Memor-X

just wondering if anyone uses this program cause i've had it for about maybe 2 years now (or a year, i can tell the differnce anymore between year 11 and year 12) and because now it's just sitting on my computer, i'm thinking about taking on someone here, just see if my skills have gotten rusty over time

oh, incase if you don't know what YVD is, check the spoiler
Spoiler: ShowHide
YVD is a program which allows you to play Yu-Gi-Oh across the net, you don't have to buy the cards because every card known to man is in it's database files, you can set up your deck to be your dream deck and it has an inbuilt calculater for calculating life points and what's even better, if you know what your doing, you can even create your own card game using YVD as a base

shdwlink1993

Finally! Someone else with this program! Yes, I have it. I haven't used it in a bit, but yes, I have it.
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

GAX

I find this program to be too heavily flawed.  The system alone doesn't live up enough, as it doesn't do automatic card movement, it's all up to you and it makes it really hard to duel.  Honestly, I hope YVDX has a better interface and includes an automatic battle controller and can setup card effects too, as the current setup is way too easy to get problems.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

KultzRDC

just wondering about the yugioh game, but can u actually make your own complete deck!? If so, then that kinda beats the purpose of yugioh, but who cares, it's just that online Pokemon battler...Netbattle or w/e it's called lol.

Memor-X

sorry it took so long for me to reply, net access is limited for me again (can only get on at school), it's a good program, i just like the version i have because you can make your own cards, anyway, i was hoping that i could dual someome here with it but the other day i found out that my school security will stop the program from starting up, even if i diabled the firewall, the program doesn't start up and it's only on the school's computer (it works fine at home but very limited net access) but i mainly used the program to make my own cards, made some good ones, eher's an example of one

Zoe the Unnatural One
ATK: 8000
DEF: 8000
Special Effect: every turn this card is summoned, the ATK and DEF decress by 1500

all the cards i made are very powerful but hard to control, since my strongest one with 10000 DEF and 100 ATK and you can switch the attack and defence before you make your attack but after the attack, it switches position

but did anyone else who have the problem that the images of the god cards didn't show up

shdwlink1993

Quote from: Memor-Xmy school security will stop the program from starting up

My school has a similar problem. The solution to this would be to rename the exe file to something that is already permitted. If they let you use notepad, call it "notepad.exe", etc.

Also, yes, I love making up cards for that thing. Who says that imagination isn't legal in card games? Thats all they do in the anime xD.
Stuff I've made:

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Sally

lol is this program free? or do i have ti buy it -_-

shdwlink1993

YVD is free. That's the main point, so that rather than shell out $5,000,000 on booster packs and not have all the cards, you have all of them and can play with people.
Stuff I've made: