Running a Registry File

Started by shdwlink1993, May 25, 2008, 08:39:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

shdwlink1993

At my school, we have a wide variety of various and sundry security measures implemented to ensure that us kids don't do anything crazy and insane like run almost every program in existence (I figured out how to short-cut that one). There is, however, one issue I'm having.

I need some method of using one .reg file. Said .reg file contains four RTP locations (so I can run RPG Makers 2000, 2003, XP, and VX) that are on the flash-drive. The catches?

• I can't just use regedit (after making the computer think it's OK to run it), as it says that editing is blocked.

• .reg files are blocked automatically, and I don't think there are any exceptions to this rule.

• .vbs files are blocked as well, meaning that my one other solution to the problem refuses to work.

• Reinstalling the RTP to the flash-drive fails because it says I need to be an admin.

If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it! <.<
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Blizzard

That's a school PC? I don't think that you will succeed with that. <_<;
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

shdwlink1993

The sad thing about their computers is that I'm not mentioning most of the problems. I'm glad the school year is coming to a close, because these computers are driving me insane! Just a few days ago it's Anti-Virus (Norton) ate a program I had for no reason! The program was 100% OK over on my computer, and I've run it several times without any complaints from any of my anti-virus apps over here.

Oh, well... I'm going to try and make a RGSS (Or Game Maker) game with one script that would put those keys in for me, but hopefully for my birthday I'll get a big (think 2-4 GB) flash-drive and I'll just install Windows XP & RPG Maker onto it and use that instead over there. xD
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Blizzard

If I'm not wrong a flash drive of 1 GB should be around $20-$25. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.