My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic ~ Story Thread

Started by WhiteRose, June 14, 2011, 11:27:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteRose

Day 1
Weather: Sunny

Significant Events planned for today: None

The call of roosters from the distant Sweet Apple Acres could be heard echoing over Ponyville as the sun lazily rose over the small town, glinting off the brightly colored rooftops and causing the leaves of the trees to shine.
There wasn't anything significant about today, but for some reason, there was a very distinct feeling in the atmosphere - a feeling that something was about to begin.

As they awoke, more and more ponies could be seen wandering the town, going about their daily tasks. As they worked, many of them came up with excuses to stay near the new residential development on the west side of the town, hoping to catch sight of some of the new ponies who had moved in yesterday. Despite the Mayor's insistence that the new residents needed some rest after the always exhausting activity of moving to a new place, it was impossible in such a small town to not feel at least a little curious.

Ryex

The rising sun shining through the east facing window of his bed room woke Dormant Blast to a brilliant morning. He had finished moving into his new home in Ponyville yesterday evening and his first night's sleep was great. He was refreshed and ready to meet all his new neighbors. Placing his trusty watch on his left foreleg Blast plodded out the front door of his new house bouncing up and down in his characteristic happy bouncing trot humming some random half forgotten tune to himself.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Taboo

Storm Fall had been awake for hours now. Thanks to his talent in weather manipulation, he spent most of the night positioning just the right clouds to make sure that the new ponies' first day in Ponyville would be bright and rain free. Now that the sun was up, all he wanted to do was head back to his house and sleep. Even though he was new to Ponyville, he had been transferred here a week early to get used to the surrounding environment to make his task easier. He sighed. He preferred to be a mediator, not prancing through the clouds. Hopefully, his superiors would soon put him in a different position than cloud control.

Spaceman McConaughey

June 14, 2011, 03:49:53 pm #3 Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 04:57:59 pm by Tuggernuts
Dark Swipe woke up in her bed, loudly giggling. She had quite a funny dream, which would only have her cheerful throughout the day.
She looked through the window, after opening her curtains. The sudden glare of the warm sun pierced Dark Swipe's retinas, which sped up the process of waking her up.
She giggled once more, than trotted down the stairs and then out her door, then began saying hi to everypony in Ponyville.

WhiteRose

@Dormant Blast:

As he opened the door of his new home, to his surprise, Dormant Blast found a package waiting for him on the front step. It contained a pleasant yet anonymous letter of welcome, and, more importantly, several delicious looking muffins. Before he had time to further investigate, however, a passing neighbor struck up a conversation. Soon, a few more ponies passed by. One thing led to another and, before long, there was a full fledged welcome party taking place, right on Dormant Blast's front walk.

The party was short lived, as front walk welcome parties tended to be, and one by one, the visitors trickled away, leaving Blast once again alone on his porch, along with quite a large mess. Rather than being disappointed at having to clean it up, however, he felt a smile come to his face as he realised that this was the perfect opportunity to test out one of his latest contraptions.

@Storm Fall:

Turning to walk back into his home, Storm hadn't event taken a single step when he heard the high pitched giggling of little fillies from the street behind him. He sighed. There was no doubt who it was - with her sister out of town, Apple Bloom and her friends had taken to roaming the new section of Ponyville, trying to find new, as of yet untested ways of getting their Cutie Marks. Hurriedly, he entered his home and shut the door, glancing out the corner of the window to be sure they hadn't seen him. It wasn't that he didn't like them; now just wasn't the best time. All he wanted now was a bit of rest.

Before he had even moved, however, he heard the tell-tale flutter of the mail flap, and a scroll slid through onto the floor. Sighing yet again, he picked it up and skimmed the message. His eyes widened, however, as he read the contents of the message. It was from Princess Luna herself!

Ever since the previous head of the Weather Department in Ponyville, Rainbow Dash, had left with Twilight Sparkle to find Celestia, the position had been vacant. In this letter, however, Luna stated that in the week he had been there, she had recognized his talent, and wanted to promote him to the empty position! He wasn't sure what to do - sure, it would be a great job, but it would take him even further away from the career that he truly wanted. Luna had requested a reply - he would have to reach a decision soon and let her know.

@Dark Swipe:

With her pleasant tone and perpetual grin, it was no surprise that Dark Swipe was able to meet an exorbitant number of new friends. Soon, not only had she met countless other ponies and been invited to more welcome parties than she could even keep track of, she had also gotten several orders for her business - there hadn't been a blacksmith in Ponyville for quite some time, so many other ponies were in need of either new equipment, or repairs on the old.

Finally, the excitement of the morning began to draw to a close. She turned her attention to her now lengthy work schedule. The largest order came from a farm out of town - Sweet Apple Acres, where apparently a surprising amount of farm equipment was in need of repair.

Spaceman McConaughey

Dark Swipe took another gander at her work schedule, thinking how great of an opportunity this would be to become a well-respected blacksmith in Ponyville.
She then set out, bringing with her blacksmith equipment aplenty on a trailer attached to a saddle on her back. All the way there, she could not help but have a huge grin, thinking about the opportunity she now has.

Taboo

Storm Fall sighed and leaned against the door. He closed his eyes for a minute, his thoughts jumbled. On one hand, he would rather just mediate. On the other, this was a very important job and he was being asked by a VERY important person. He sat down and ate some oats and took his time to think about it. Sure, he'd love to not take the job, but having it would be a huge honor. His decision was made, he sat down to write his letter of acceptance.

WhiteRose

June 14, 2011, 11:05:56 pm #7 Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 11:13:09 pm by WhiteRose
@Dark Swipe:

After a short walk, Dark Swipe found herself at the entrance to the farm. An green, elderly looking pony met her at the gate, and showed her to the toolshed. She can't quite understand her ramblings, but she had the feeling the elderly pony couldn't quite hear her properly either, leading to a rather bemusing conversation during the walk. Having arrived at the shed, she leaves Swipe to her work. She was mildly alarmed at the condition of the tools inside the shed - though they'd been used carefully, it was clear they hadn't seen proper maintenance in a long time. It might be easier to just create new tools rather than repair these... but she had been called in for a repair job....

@Storm Fall:

Though it is only a simple letter of acceptance, it takes longer to complete than Storm expected. Despite this, he found that he wasn't as tired as he had been before writing it. This was possibly due to the excitement he felt - though it was true that the job wasn't the one he was after, it was nonetheless an exciting prospect. According to the letter, he was free to start the day after he accepted. This left him free for the rest of the day. What would he spend his time doing?

@Sunny Radiance:

Sunny trotted along the clouds, occasionally nudging of the fluffy white nimbus into place. She sighed. She hated working mornings. Come to think of it, though, she also hated working afternoons.. or evenings... or any other time. Deciding that it was time for a break, she sat down and stuck her head through the cloud, looking down at the town below. It certainly didn't look like they needed the gentle rain planned for later today. Yes, come to think of it, she was quite certain they'd be just fine without it. Content that her work for the day was finished, she curled up for a nap.

Spaceman McConaughey

Dark Swipe looked at all the tools, with her jaw dropped, and eyes widened because of their condition. She thought to herself how long it would take to fix them, and if she can get it done in a reasonable time. So there she went, setting up her equipment, getting ready to start all requested repairs. Though she could not help but smile and giggle as she commenced work, knowing the tools would look fantastic when done.

Ryex

Blast spun on his hooves and dashed back into his house and back to his work room to fetch the piece of machinery. He had put together this contraption just before his move but as of yet had now chance to test it. the walk back to the front door was far less reckless. he didn't want to break his hard work after all. out side the remains of the party sat waiting to be cleaned up. there was a table with a empty punch bowl and glasses, about half way through the party some one had asked for some thing to drink so head had just brought out one of his small card tables and quickly made up some punch. the party had been fun but all good things must come to an end as they say.

Blast pushed the contraption out the door and went back inside to get a jug of water. returning to the front walk Blast emptied the jug of water into a tank on the back of the contraption he had built. it purpose as he had designed it was to clean up messes. it had a small steam boiler on the back that powers a multitude of mechanical arms with fingers that held everything from sponges to brooms. Blast used a little magic to start a fire under the boiler and get it rolling and watched it just long enough to make sure it was doing it's job be for going back inside to put the jug away. upon his return the cleaning machine had disappeared. a quick look around showed that this contraption was a failure. the table was tuned over and the cloth that had covered it was laying rolled up in a ball next to it. apparently the contraption hand;t know what to do with them. a searching glance up and down the street told him where the machine had goon. it was rolling down the street looking for something else to clean apparently. Blast dashed up the road after it

"come back here you darned contraption!" he yelled fruitlessly after it. he knew the shout wouldn't help anything but the act had a soothing effect on the slight sense of failure he felt.  caching up with the cleaner  Blast extinguished the flames under the boiler and began pushing it back to his house.
a pleasant surprise awaited him there when he discovered the dishes were safely cleaned and tucked away in the cleaner's storage compartment. having to by a new punch bowl the day after moving in would of been depressing.

leaving the failed contraption at the top of the walk Blast set about cleaning up the remains of the party in a more normal manner. righting the table and carrying it back into the house.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

WhiteRose

@Dark Swipe:

Humming softly to herself, Dark Swipe worked on repairing the array of tools lining the walls of the shed, removing the damaged parts and heating them to be reforged. After working for a couple hours, she had the feeling she was being watched. Glancing behind her, she saw a large, red-coated male pony watching her work. He acknowledged her greeting with a simple nod, and left. 'Hmm, interesting... ' she thought to herself, getting back to work.

It was night time by the time she finished. After accepting the generous payment for her work, she packed up her equipment and returned home, awaiting the next day and the excitement it would no doubt bring.

@Dormant Blast:

Following the party, the remainder of Blast's day was fairly uneventful. He met a few more new friends, but all in all, things were rather quiet compared to the activity of that morning. On his way home for the evening, he saw a bulletin posted near the side of the road.

Welcome Party!

Tomorrow afternoon, all members of Ponyville are cordially invited to a party in celebration of our newest residents.
Punch and refreshments will be served.

For more details or if you have questions, contact Pinkie Pie at Sugarcube Corner.

The last line of the notice was scratched out for some reason. Interesting....

@Sunny Radiance:

Sunny awoke to find that it was already dark. She must have slept later than she had thought. With a unconcerned shrug, she glided lazily back home.

I will be posting Day 2 in a few hours.

Taboo

Storm Fall yawned. He had spent all day making his favorite blueberry pies for the welcome party the next day. He looked outside and was surprised to find that it was dark. He knew he had to make sure that the clouds were correctly positioned so that it would not rain during the party, but also had to make sure that it would rain tomorrow night. You can't go too many days without rain. The job would be too much for him in his weary state so he decided he would get help from one of the other weather control ponies. He remembered over-hearing some of the other ponies talking about Sunny Radiance, one of the weather controllers. He set off to find her.

Spaceman McConaughey

June 15, 2011, 03:57:18 pm #12 Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 04:05:35 pm by Tuggernuts
Dark Swipe plopped onto her bed, and quickly got under her blanket and made herself comfortable.
She giggled, and whispered to herself, "What an awesome day...", as she drifted off to sleep.

Ryex

Blast sighed in content as he snuggled down in his new bed for the night. was it just him or was this bed at least twice as comfortable as the one in his old house? it was a matter of minutes before he was deep in sleep.

WhiteRose

Day 2
Weather: Hot and Sunny

Significant Events planned for today:
This afternoon: Ponyville Meet and Greet

The sun seemed to get up early on this particular day, beating down upon the residents of Ponyville as they awoke.

Though they hadn't been gone for more than a few weeks now, the atmosphere of Ponyville seemed to have changed slightly since the departure of a certain group of residents. No word had been heard from them for quite some time and, though no one was willing to voice it, the thought began to creep into the general mass conciousness of the town that perhaps they had gone the same way as Celestia.

For the new residents of Ponyville, however, there wasn't time for wondering about such mysteries.

Dark Swipe had work to do - the order scheduled today wasn't a home visit, meaning that they would stop by the store some time later today. Still, this was no reason not to be ready.

Dormant Blast, while not quite as busy as some of the others from a professional standpoint, had a task of his own to work on. The town party would be later today, and he had another gadget that he wanted to have ready. Hopefully he'd be able to avoid another disaster like yesterday....

As for Storm Fall, today marked the first day of his new position. He had spent a while yesterday trying to track down one of the ponies now under his supervision, Sunny Radiance, but had been unable to get a hold of her. According to the work schedule he had been sent, however, she worked mornings, so it wouldn't be hard to find her on the job... in theory.

Meanwhile, the pony in question, Sunny, woke with a yawn, glanced at the time, rolled over, and went back to sleep. Because of her nap yesterday, she hadn't been able to sleep, and had spent most of the night planning extravagant cloud patterns for the celebration. She'd get right to work on them... after a few more minutes of sleep.

A note to everyone: Feel free to make your posts as long as you'd like. You're welcome to take control of any NPCs as long as you don't do anything that would majorly impact the story. I do ask, however, that you try to avoid taking control of anyone else's character unless it is absolutely necessary. Apart from that, write anything you'd like! This RP is a little more loose than some of the others, especially now before some of the major plot points have taken place, so the more you give me to work with, the more I can flesh out your character's branch of the story.

Spaceman McConaughey

June 15, 2011, 11:43:53 pm #15 Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:33:03 am by Tuggernuts
Dark Swipe began to set up shop, knowing her customer(s) would arrive anytime today. She also hung on the walls her most masterfully crafted blades, for everypony in Ponyville to admire if they choose to stop by. Although, Dark Swipe does hope to one day craft something as elegant as the clothes Rarity sews in her shop. Like a suit of armor made of the finest metals finished with a regal trim, or a marvelous blade forged with gold and engraved in diamonds. She has not yet tried, although hopes to one day.

Now she sits in her shop, and waits for her client, and possibly future clients.

Taboo

Storm Fall searched everywhere, but having no idea where to look, was unable to find Sunny. He eventually made his way to the center of Ponyville and found a group of ponies talking about the party. He approached them and asked in a no nonsense tone, "Excuse me gentleponies, do you know where I might find Sunny Radiance? Its quite urgent that I find her."
"Yeah, sure brony, go down that street right there, take a right at the third street, fourth house on the right."
"Thank you, I'm sorry but I didn't catch your name."
"Oh, I'm Falling Star, she's Rain Drop, and he's Moon Dust. Who are you?"
"I'm Storm Fall, the new Head of Weather Control," Storm Fall surprised himself with the pride he felt in his position.
"Really? Right on brony. Way to get it done."
And with that, Storm Fall walked toward Sunny's house. He smiled at the thought that he just made his first new friends in Ponyville.

Ryex

(( this is far from my usual style of Role playing I'm used to making posts that are several pages long full of rather extravagant detail. and event the game master never took control of someone else's character. here's an example. but I'm liking this style more than I had thought.))

Dormant Blast didn't really have to work. of his 450 odd inventions about 3 had taken off and every mouth he received royalties that he could live quite comfortably on if not quite as well as he was. Thus his work was quite flexible. he could decide when and if he wanted to take a job offer fixing something. as a result he had a lot of time to work on more inventions or do just about anything else he wanted to do. it truly was a great way to live. the many strange contraptions had stated off as a hobby but were now almost a way of life for him. with the failure of his latest contraption it was time to build the next one. any it just so happened that this one would be perfect to showcase at the welcome part this afternoon. It was a jumping punch fountain just perfect for parties. and whats more there was little that could go wrong with such a contraption.

he had the plans stored in the work room along with the plans for three other inventions two of which were incomplete ( he liked to have a stock of things to work on at any moment. it killed any chance of monotony). Because it was such a nice day Blast moved his work outside onto his front walk where he had had the party yesterday he also liked the idea of everypony having the ability to see what he was up too as they walked by.

With his work table set up on his front walk Dormant Blast set to work putting together the fountain it would have eight jets that would go off in sequence in a circle around the extra large bowl. The shots would arc up and land in funnels that would spiral and loop down before ending just above the bowl. when the liquid would pour back in. the jets would be calibrated to shoot just the right amount of liquid so that if somepony held their cup just under the tube the pored the punch back into the bowl they could fill their cup just right. it was sure to be a hit at the party. Ponies in Ponyville seemed to really like their punch.

WhiteRose

@Dormant Blast:

The invention worked even better than expected - calibration went quickly and the jets squirting up into the air looked magnificent. During his last test before packing it away for transportation to the party, however, there was a loud pop. Slightly panicked, Blast quickly looked over the machine, and breathed a sigh of relief. One of the valves had broken - it would be simple to replace. He trotted quickly back to his work room and opened the drawer where he kept spare pieces. His eyes widened in alarm as he realized that there wasn't a single valve in the drawer. (Be sure to read Dark Swipe's portion of this post as well!)

@Storm Fall:

Content that the weather was under control, Storm followed the directions he had been given to Sunny Radiance's house, a small, brightly colored home on the edge of the new development. He knocked, rapping his hoof against the door. "I'm coming - hang on a second!" came a voice from inside. The door opened, and he was met by a light-coated pony with a fiery red mane and a mischievous grin, which faltered for a moment as she realized she didn't know her visitor. It returned quickly, however, as she continued, "Is there something I can do for you?"

@Dark Swipe:

Her first customer, a pony by the name of Moon Dust, only needed a minor repair job completed. After helping him and recieveing payment for her efforts, Swipe was surprised to see that she was free until later that day. She decided to take the time to prepare for the party later that day. Just as she was closing up shop, however, a grey pony rushed in, looking panicked, and clamoring about needing a valve repaired.

Spaceman McConaughey

Dark Swipe has on a startled expression as the grey pony approached her, as she did not see anypony coming towards her.
She listened to his problem, and then told him "Whoa there, guy! Calm down for just a second, I can get this done for you in a flash! *giggles*", right after that, she willingly
and kindly started repairing the valve, regardless of being closed up.

Ryex

"oh thank you! it's a critical part of a contraptions I'm making for the party this afternoon but just as I was packing it up this valve broke and I don't have any spares!" Dormant Blast felt bad for pressing the pony  into fixing something last minute like this and the anticipation of showing his work at the party was making him bounce up and down rapidly. Suddenly Blast realized he hadn't even introduced him self yet!  Blast's bouncing stopped with the realization

"Oh! I'm so sorry! i haven't even introduced my self! Names Blast, Dormant Blast actually but I prefer people to call me Blast I've just moved into town so it's nice to meet you."

Spaceman McConaughey

Dark Swipe stared at Dormant Blast for a second after what he just told her.
"It's all okay, Blast! I am very happy to repair this for you! The last thing we'd want is a disaster at the party, although it'd be fun. Haha, joking. And nice to meet you, too. My name is Dark Swipe. Call me whatever you wish, so long as it isn't mean! *giggles* And funny thing: I just moved in here as well! It's a small world, I'll tell you! *laughs*"

Dark Swipe then got straight back to fixing the valve.

Taboo

Storm Fall stood straight and tall with what he thought was dignity. Then he realized he might frighten the other pony and smiled. "Hi, I'm Storm Fall, the new head of Weather Control in the absence of Rainbow Dash. I was just trying to meet some of the ponies I'll be working with." Normally Storm Fall could read other ponies like a book, but this one's large smile just blocked out any other emotion she might be feeling. After an extended silence, Storm Fall felt his smile falter slightly as he awkwardly stood on the young pony's front porch.