Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
RMXP Script Database / Re: [XP][VXA] XPA_Window
« Last post by KK20 on Today at 10:46:27 AM »
Yes, a fix would be desired.
« Last post by Blizzard on Today at 09:31:49 AM »
I THINK there was a performance boost. xD
In any case, let me know whether I should add the viewport fix or not.
« Last post by KK20 on Today at 08:54:32 AM »
I'm all for improving upon the original design *points to Tilemap* but yeah, we need to make sure we don't remove what was already there for compatibility sake.

Window#viewport does work--I've tested it in XP. I only recall a disposed? method did not exist for some class despite it being in the Help.

I can spend this weekend to go over the design. Curious about that performance boost.
« Last post by Blizzard on Today at 08:11:30 AM »
I see, I see. Do you think I should add that fix then? IMO we should extend functionality to fix issue rather than replicate them for consistency's sake. While nobody does use a viewport in a window, I am aware that it's possible, but IDK if the getter worked in RMXP.

I create the viewports upon window creation to be able to manage the window sprites easier and make sure they don't go out of bounds. And it's much easier to change the viewport coordinates rather than for each of the sprites individually. I think I also saw some performance boosts from this as opposed to manually changing all coordinates, but I can't remember anymore.
« Last post by KK20 on Today at 04:39:20 AM »
Another thing to add is that there is no reader for viewport. It's a simple fix really
Code: [Select]
def viewport
  @_viewport
end

While we're on the topic of viewports, XPA_Window is interesting as it actually defines its own viewports with each creation. Was there a reason for that? In XP, there is no single window in the default scripts that uses a viewport, hence calling it would give you nil. It's kinda weird how that is, given that Window.new can actually take in an optional viewport parameter (XPA_Window is missing that also by the way).

This was brought to my attention by Whitespirits regarding the new Netplayer script where a detailed window would be drawn when hovering over an item in your inventory.
class Window_Base < Window

def draw_help
  @help_window = Sprite.new(self.viewport)
Now normally self.viewport here would just return nil (yeah, this is a huge oversight by the original author). But with XPA_Window, self.viewport will equal the dimensions of the window itself. This created some unintended behaviors where the sprite was not being displayed in the window due to the viewport's limitations.

It's probably best to take a look at the usage of Viewports in XPA_Window's design. I don't think I have ever seen any script assign a viewport to a custom window before; but if we're aiming to be a perfect replica of XP's Window class, we still need to consider it a possibility.
Script Requests / Re: [Solved][XP]Quick edit of this Healing Armor mini script
« Last post by Simon Greedwell on September 17, 2017, 01:33:51 AM »
I tested it and works just perfectly.

Changed the tittle to reflect that.
Script Requests / Re: [XP]Quick edit of this Healing Armor mini script
« Last post by KK20 on September 17, 2017, 12:59:22 AM »
@Drago:
That's how the script actually is. Link: http://www.mundo-maker.com/t13459p25-xp-coleccion-de-tips-tricks-de-wecoc#103669

@Simon:
I've made it so that it checks all the actor's equipped armors. The script only shows using armor3_id, which would be the actor's body armor. I didn't include a check for weapon, though that's easy to do. Also removed the increased INT bit too.
module HealMailConfig
  def self.heal_ability(id)
    case id
    #==============================================================================
    # Configure the HP and SP amounts healed with every step.
    # Format:
    #  when ARMOR_ID then [HP_HEAL_AMOUNT, SP_HEAL_AMOUNT]
    #---------------------------------------------------------------- BEGIN CONFIG
    when 1  then [1, 0] # Bronze Shield
    when 16 then [10, 5] # Mythril Armor
    when 28 then [0, 20] # Ring of Intelligence
    #---------------------------------------------------------------- END CONFIG
    else
      [0, 0]
    end
  end
end

class Game_Party
  alias healing_mail_steps increase_steps unless $@
  def increase_steps
    healing_mail_steps
    for actor in @actors
      next if actor.dead?
      [actor.armor1_id, actor.armor2_id, actor.armor3_id, actor.armor4_id].each do |armor_id|
        next if armor_id.nil? || armor_id == 0
        heal = HealMailConfig.heal_ability(armor_id)
        actor.hp += heal[0]
        actor.sp += heal[1]
      end
    end
  end
end
Script Requests / Re: [XP]Quick edit of this Healing Armor mini script
« Last post by LiTTleDRAgo on September 17, 2017, 12:38:26 AM »
            #-------- Efecto al andar --------------------------------------------
            actor.hp += actor.maxhp / 10
            if @steps % 10 == 0
              actor.int += 1         #<<<<<< Why int?
            end
            #---------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to recover sp, shouldn't it be actor.sp += actor.maxsp / 10 instead of actor.int +=1 ?
Script Requests / [Resolved][XP]Quick edit of this Healing Armor mini script
« Last post by Simon Greedwell on September 16, 2017, 11:10:30 PM »
This mini script allows the creation of a weapon/shield/armor/accessory that recovers HP while walking on the map.  I'd like a edit that allows the same for SP as well as one that recovers both HP/SP. I tried to make the edit myself but it didn't quite work.  :^_^\':

# ** [XP] Wecoc's Tips & Tricks Battle Collection
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # 78. Healing Mail
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # Armadura que por cada paso que haces por el mapa llev├índola, cura un poco
    # al que la lleva y sube un poco su inteligencia
    # Nota: El personaje que la lleva tiene que estar vivo

class Game_Party
      alias healing_mail_steps increase_steps unless $@
      def increase_steps
        healing_mail_steps
        for actor in @actors
          next if actor.dead?
          if actor.armor3_id == 17 # ID de la armadura Healing Mail
            #-------- Efecto al andar --------------------------------------------
            actor.hp += actor.maxhp / 10
            if @steps % 10 == 0
              actor.int += 1
            end
            #---------------------------------------------------------------------
          end
        end
      end
    end

Thanks in advance.
Tutorial Database / Re: [XP] RMXPAce -- Using the VX Ace engine in your XP games
« Last post by KK20 on September 13, 2017, 09:09:49 AM »
Updated to v2.22
XPA_Window is updated to v1.1
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10