There's no way you haven't heard of it yet. It's the new overnight success Pokemon GO. The game allows you to walk around in the real world and with GPS tracking you can find and catch pokemon on your mobile phone, find items in Pokestops, evolve them, make them stronger, compete in gyms and more!
Before I explain anything I want to warn you: GPS Spoofing is against the TOS of Pokemon GO and can results in soft ban and even permanent bans of your account. The game is meant to be played by going outside. I cannot be held responsible for any damages to your phone, your account, your reputation or any other damages if you decide to use this guide.
I'll get right to the point. Why would you want to spoof your GPS location in the first place? While some people might have more "honorable" reasons like not being able to move the house or being handicapped, others are just plain lazy. Like me. Well, it's not the laziness factor here that's the problem to be honest. The current version freezes on me so often that it keeps draining my time without providing me the actual fun. So I decided I'll just cheat. Fuck it. (Though I don't cheat all the time. Usually only when I'm home. I use it legit when I go to work, etc.)
What do you need to know about GPS spoofing? It's basically faking your GPS location so you can simulate that you are walking around in order to be able to do all the things you can do in the game. There are a few things you need to know before settings things up.
1. Your Android phone has to be rooted. There is no way around this. To get this done, make sure to find a guide for your phone model. (Keep in mind that rooting your phone could void your warranty. Make sure to check and know the risks.)
2. Download and install Lucky Patcher
3. Download (but DO NOT install) Fake GPS Location Spoofer
. Put it on your SD card.
4. Run Lucky Patcher and give it super user access. One-time or 10-minutes only is fine.
5. Open the last tab Rebuild & Install
, select the downloaded Fake GPS Location Spoofer
APK from your SD card and select Install as system app
6. After a reboot, open Fake GPS Location Spoofer
, go to Settings
and turn on Expert Mode
.You can avoid the whole thing with Lucky Patcher by purchasing the Pro version of Fake GPS Location Spoofer. Your phone still has to be rooted, though.
That's it as far as the technical part goes. But there are a few more things you should know:
- Don't use Android's Mock Locations feature. Pokemon GO detects it, even if you try to mask it and it won't work.
- Don't set your GPS to GPS only / Device only. Pokemon GO won't work like that.
- Don't move around while using GPS spoofing. The cell tower triangulation seems to kick in and messes with your location if you move too much. These jumps in your location could make the server aware that you're trying to cheat.
- Don't do huge jumps in too short amounts of time. I did 5 km (about 3 miles) jumps without problems within just maybe 10-15 seconds, but I did get soft-banned when I tried a 300 km (about 187 miles) jump. This might be because you have to switch between apps when you use Fake GPS Location Spoofer. So you get some sort of grace period. I once got soft-banned for doing a 300m jump, but it was probably because I moved around the cell tower triangulation kicked in.
- Try to simulate moving or maybe riding a bike and do smaller jumps (e.g. 100m) at a time. That's your safest bet. Though I usually have no problems with jumps of 1km.
- I recommend in Fake GPS Location Spoofer to turn on GPS Move Location and set the Timeout in seconds to 7 and The distance to move around to 10. It helps a bit in location and slightly moving around for a bit without having to change your location again.
Soft-bans are usually lifted after a time, but "smaller soft-bans" (e.g. if you tried smaller jumps) can be fixed by killing the game in the task manager and restarting it. Or maybe it was just the server being shitty on me, IDK.
You will know that you're soft-banned if all of these things happen to you:
- Every pokemon flees after your first pokeball throw.
- Pokestops always say "Try again later"
- If you try to fight in a gym, the game lets you set up your party all the way (sometimes even the battle start animation finished) and then throws your back to the gym view screen.
And here's a special section on hatching eggs.
You will have a hard time hatching eggs with GPS spoofing. There is different information on the Internet. Some say the game uses GPS and the pedometer to make sure you are walking while some claim it only uses GPS. There appears to be a maximum speed at which you are allowed to move so that the distance counter increases and I've seen people estimate the speed anywhere from 10 km/h (about 6.25 mph) all the way to 30mph (about 48 km/h). From my personal experience, the distance on the eggs increases sometimes while I spoof, disregarding whether I keep shaking my phone or not so I assume that the pedometer isn't used. But it's far from reliable. I maybe get a few hundred meters for spoofing over a distance of 5km step by step. Walking or something slightly faster (slow bike ride, skateboard, etc.) seems to be the only reliable way. Though, I have to admit it's ruggish as well. I walk for like 2km and only get maybe a bit above 1km on my distance.To add to this, while using the tidbit below and using FakeGPS to move around your fake location, you are able to hatch your eggs and increase the distance just fine. In fact, read below to see a great way to auto hatch your eggs. ~ gameus