News / Suggestions / Feedback / Re: Downtime at the end of November
« Last post by KK20 on April 27, 2017, 09:16:04 AM »
No...?
:lock:
RPG Maker Scripts / MOVED: Tetra Master [XP][VX][VXA]
« Last post by KK20 on April 27, 2017, 09:06:14 AM »
RMXP Script Database / Re: [XP] XP Ace Tilemap
« Last post by KK20 on April 27, 2017, 08:01:48 AM »
Regarding the lag, it's the panorama. That 1 width pixel graphic is back to haunt us again lol

I notice the lag spike right when the graphic wraps around. Definitely plane rewrite being the problem here, but will need to investigate that more.
Simply removing it brings the frame rate back to 60.
EDIT: Alternatively, you can stretch the graphic to a larger size (say 640x640).

Strangely enough, there's no problems with the original graphic in XP or VXA. XPA Tilemap in a XP game has no issues either. Problem occurs even without the Plane rewrite in XPA. Hard to say what's the real issue.
« Last post by Blizzard on April 27, 2017, 07:36:17 AM »
I can add some protection there. I've mostly been using F8 for reload data and then J + "Yes" to reset puzzle on the 2nd Fortress of Nighmares map (it's in the Para-Universe part) with all the switches and bridges and at one point it just crashed with that error message.

For the lag, just teleport with the F9 menu to the lava map in Grand Crossing (also within Para-Universe).
« Last post by KK20 on April 27, 2017, 02:43:19 AM »
Think you can add a catch there to print the args in case it happens again? Hopefully the cause of the error can be pin-pointed that way.

Do you have a map you can provide me with to test myself? Doesn't seem like bucket filling all three layers with autotiles can reproduce it.

Discord PM'd you about the crash. Has to do with null autotiles being used. Will need to bug fix that one.
Lexima Legends IV - Chaos Project / Re: "Beyond Epic" Game Mode
« Last post by Blizzard on April 26, 2017, 09:24:14 PM »
#hype

(click to show/hide)
« Last post by Blizzard on April 26, 2017, 08:46:36 PM »
I just got this:

(click to show/hide)

Code: [Select]
class Bitmap
  attr_accessor :filename
  alias set_filename_of_bitmap initialize
  def initialize(*args)
    # Associate the bitmap with the filename of the graphic; empty string otherwise
    @filename = args.size == 1 ? File.basename(args[0], '.*') : ''
    set_filename_of_bitmap(*args) # <---------- this line
  end
end

I've done easily over a 100-150 map switches before this happened so I'm not sure how you could reproduce it. In any case, I definitely think it's some sort of edge case.

EDIT: I found another issue. I have a map about 40x40-50x50 and it's filled with autotiles. When I'm in the upper half, it's all fine, but while I'm in the lower half of the map, it lags a lot. The FPS probably drops to 10 or so.

EDIT: I also just found a crash, but at least I have a 100% reproduction rate. I don't really know why it happens, but it happens basically as soon as the carpet autotile gets out of focus. I'll PM you my build so you can investigate.
Script Requests / Re: Touch Damage From Player In Blizz-ABS
« Last post by KK20 on April 22, 2017, 03:46:50 AM »
I'll add the Global Triggers to the database and will need to update the first post for the trigger condition checking. I'm not too proud of the reflecting one as that was made more as a proof-of-concept; it's too experimental to be considered an official script.

But sure, go ahead and make the demo if you'd like :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10