Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Troubleshooting / Help / Re: class changeing in single character arpg
« Last post by Zexion on Today at 08:21:51 AM »
BTW, blizz-abs also has a manual included with the download. I strongly suggest using it. You can find almost everything you need to know by using the search feature in it and it has very detailed instruction on how to use it. There are some known bugs but they probably won't be fixed unfortunately.
RMXP Script Database / Re: [XP] XP Ace Tilemap
« Last post by KK20 on Today at 08:20:50 AM »
Can you describe the situation a bit more? The scripts do work together and I see no conflicts at all. The only issue would probably be that Advanced Weather assumes a default 640x480 resolution. XPA Tilemap's weather adjustment setting only applies to the default RMXP weather effects.
« Last post by KK20 on Today at 08:18:19 AM »
You're using the wrong game engine for bullet hells then. I know with VXA and older, rendering a lot of sprites can be taxing on the frame rate. If we're talking pixel-based (not tile-based) movement patterns, definitely look into some other game engine.

If all you want is just a fair amount of projectiles moving on the screen, then Blizz-ABS will suffice. I don't have much experience with other ABS systems nor any knowledge of what exists. You should ask on the actual RM forums for guidance instead.
« Last post by cheos on Today at 06:24:02 AM »
Thank you for your reply! :haha: You wouldn't know what abs would be best for bullet hell mechanics would you? As for the class change yes I am aware that I'd have to work some event magic to this. I just cant find any solid leads on my options as far as what abs systems there are out there(google has failed me). I have every rpg maker I could purchase on steam and I even have fes. This project actually started on fes as a rpg but I decided to move over to pc development. It has a repetitive nature to it so i want the thing you will be doing most be actually fun.
« Last post by KK20 on October 18, 2017, 09:28:03 PM »
  • An Action RPG Battle System script
  • Eventing abilities
...and that's pretty much it. There might be some scripts out there that have a class switching UI to make things pretty, but I'm not aware of them. Doesn't matter which RM you use as all of them (not sure about MV but wouldn't surprise me) have an ABS script.
RPG Maker Scripts / Re: [MV] DoubleX RMMV Unit Filters
« Last post by KK20 on October 18, 2017, 09:17:17 PM »
Oh no I don't mean the literal code tag. I mean the ones in the header:
Code: [Select]
[CENTER][SIZE=24pt][b]<SCRIPT NAME>[/b][/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Authors: <AUTHORS, NO SPECIAL THANKS HERE>[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Version: <NUMBER>[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Type: <DETAILED TYPE>[/SIZE]
Key Term: <KEY TERM (COMMON TYPE), SEE FURTHER BELOW FOR ALL ALLOWED TERMS>[/CENTER]
Like CENTER and SIZE. Those need to be in caps.
RMXP Script Database / Re: [XP] XP Ace Tilemap
« Last post by kreiss on October 18, 2017, 09:11:43 PM »
BTW, your script is awesome !

But he's not compatible with Advanced Weather System.
You can't adjust when the script is below XPA_Tilemap.
And when you put under XPA_Tilemap, you can't use another weather effects.
Troubleshooting / Help / class changeing in single character arpg
« Last post by cheos on October 18, 2017, 06:44:10 PM »
So, I am looking to make an action role playing game project where the character can change between classes at any time given that they are equipped. This will change what abilities they can use. What rpg maker should I go with and what scripts do i need for this?
RPG Maker Scripts / Re: [MV] DoubleX RMMV Unit Filters
« Last post by DoubleX on October 18, 2017, 12:39:59 PM »
Thanks for your reminder and sorry for giving you extra work. I've added the engine tag in subject and changed the code tag to be in all caps :)
RPG Maker Scripts / Re: DoubleX RMMV Unit Filters
« Last post by KK20 on October 18, 2017, 10:33:28 AM »
Can't move to database because
1. Missing engine tag in subject
2. Header needs to be formatted as
Code: [Select]
[CENTER][SIZE=24pt][b]<SCRIPT NAME>[/b][/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Authors: <AUTHORS, NO SPECIAL THANKS HERE>[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Version: <NUMBER>[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Type: <DETAILED TYPE>[/SIZE]
Key Term: <KEY TERM (COMMON TYPE), SEE FURTHER BELOW FOR ALL ALLOWED TERMS>[/CENTER]
specifically where the code tags are in all caps. This is necessary for the post to be correctly parsed when put into the database.

I've done this for you a couple times now; it's your turn.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10