Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
RMXP Script Database / Re: [XP] Tons of Add-ons
« Last post by Blizzard on Today at 06:00:54 PM »
It would require some edits to support status effects and elements.
« Last post by Kaiph on Today at 04:50:27 PM »
That seems to have worked, thanks :)

Is the Passive Skills script restricted to stat and Gold/EXP changes or is it possible to have a skill that defends against status effects and elements?
In other words, could I use EQUAP and Passive together to teach my character to resist poison passively, or would that need an extension of the script to work?
« Last post by Blizzard on Today at 09:22:41 AM »
I think you're right. >_>

@Kaiph: Feel free to fix it manually on your end. I'll upload a fixed version ASAP.
And common sense also says to not grave-dig topics.
 :lock:
« Last post by KK20 on December 13, 2017, 09:30:20 PM »
Actually Blizz, looking at it logically, there is a problem.

Code: [Select]
  def add_ap(val)
    @skills.each {|id| @ap[id] = 0 if @ap[id] == nil}
    @ap.each_key {|id|
        @ap[id] = self.ap(id) + val
        @ap[id] = 0 if self.ap(id) < 0
        maxap = BlizzCFG.maxap(id)
        @ap[id] = maxap if self.ap(id) > maxap}
  end
You're adding AP to skills that have their IDs stored in the @ap hash table. This occurs for every skill the actor ever comes in contact with as seen in the first line of the method.

Might be as easy as just changing it from @ap.each_key to @skills.each
« Last post by Kaiph on December 13, 2017, 08:19:13 PM »
I've had a look at what scripts I have, but the only scripts I have so far are your three Tons scripts, your Analyze script (placed below Tons), one which turns off the battle music change, and one to give element and status effects to enemies' physical attacks. (Plus a stack level fix at the top for good measure). They all seem to be in the right order and to my knowledge I haven't altered Game_Actor; I wouldn't know how.
« Last post by Blizzard on December 13, 2017, 06:16:42 PM »
Do you have any custom scripts that could conflict? Looking at my code, the Game_Actor#equip method is implemented properly, but what you are experiencing could happen if it didn't work right. Do you use any custom equipment systems? Also, have you checked this topic yet? http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,23.0.html
« Last post by Kaiph on December 13, 2017, 05:57:33 PM »
Sorry if this has already been answered before, but I don't have the patience to search through nearly a decade of posts.
I'm trying out the EQUAP system and have set up my actor with a weapon and armor which teach separate skills, just as a test for now. For argument's sake, let's say my armor teaches me 'Cure' and my weapon teaches 'Fire'. If I start gaining AP on both skills and then unequip my armor, I still gain AP on 'Cure', despite not having that skill equipped: when I re-equip after a couple more battles, my AP for 'Cure' and 'Fire' are the same, as if I'd never unequipped my armor.

Has this been noticed before? And is there a way I can fix it?

(I also understand this is 6 months since the last post, but I figured it'd be okay since it's relevant)
Electronic and Computer Section / Re: Locky-Osiris ransomware, awful awful!!!
« Last post by Baburen on December 13, 2017, 04:00:32 PM »
Hello!
Thanks for the advice, but my opinion, the best defense is common sense  :O.o:
News / Suggestions / Feedback / Re: MESSAGES
« Last post by KK20 on December 13, 2017, 08:42:07 AM »

See the "Sent Items"? That's what you want.

Also, buddies don't really have any extra feature on here. All that happens is when you see the online members, it bolds any buddy's name.

If you want to add buddies, just go to the Members list, find their name and view their profile, then click the Add to buddy list below their profile. There's no reason to streamline this to the Members list.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10