[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KK20

Landith's and winkio's HUDs provide party member stats. They're not formatted in the way you seem to want them though, but it shouldn't be terribly difficult to make/edit.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Wolyafa

Quote from: KK20 on September 12, 2014, 01:37:49 am
Landith's and winkio's HUDs provide party member stats. They're not formatted in the way you seem to want them though, but it shouldn't be terribly difficult to make/edit.

Yay, that "Winkio's Blizz-ABS Party HUD" works awesome so far, but... im getting an error when I try to call the map with "C" ... well, is there a way to fix that or do I have to live with it and just have to "disable" the map?
(Which makes the game a bit more fun somehow... :D)

Wolyafa

September 21, 2014, 08:40:02 am #5262 Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 08:57:40 am by Wolyafa
OK, now im looking for something that will work with the blizz ABS...
(And a guide on how to maybe)

What I'm looking for :

- Multiple item drops from enemys (I tried Tons of Add-ons, didn't work for me...)
- A working "Shadow" script which works with the Blizz-ABS (the ones I used so far became all error with Blizz-ABS)
- a script / script call that makes an event execute an attack/skill like, trigger -> script call, event uses a skill in the direction it's facing(couldn't figure that out myself...)

Thanks in advance!

winkio

For the first point, I know that multi-drop worked at one point in the past because I was using it, I would test it thoroughly and make sure that it doesn't work now.

No idea about the second point, and I would recommend against it anyways, because Blizz-ABS is already processor intensive, so shadows are probably going to cause even more lag.

To do the third point, you should look at section 4.4.3. Forced Actions in the Blizz-ABS manual.

Wolyafa

OK, it's working now, thx! sad that shadows wont work...

Flamewish

Hey everyone,
I just found the Blizz-Abs and wanted to try it out.
It works fine so far but I can't seem to use Common Events anymore.

The moment a switch turns ON that should activate a Common Event it
crashes and this Error pops up:
Script 'Blizz Abs P02' line 8098: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'trigger' for nil:NilClass

I can still call them with other Events or Items.
Only Parallel Process and Autorun doesn't work anymore.

Is it normal/planned that this happens or is something bugged there?
Sadly I dont have enough knowledge of ruby to see what the problem is there.

KK20

Other Projects

Flamewish

Ah Ok. :D

It's working now~
I've searched for a while but never found that post. ^^"
So, Thank you :3

Zexion

Yeah should update the main code, or post it in the bugs thread because good shet gets burried xD

Wolyafa

September 29, 2014, 06:23:31 pm #5269 Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 06:24:33 pm by Wolyafa
OK, one question that "would work" but isn't or wasn't metioned before (maybe?)

Since the Blizz-ABS uses events for projectiles...
and events "can move diagonal" in some kind...
wouldn't it be possible to make a shot type that goes that direction or would it cause to much lag?

(Also, im releasing a Demo of my Game soon... where can I post it here to promote it maybe?)

KK20

While there could be a way to implement a diagonal projectile in code, it would require breaking the original system's conventions. For example, there is no variable for facing diagonally; while you can allow 8 direction movement, the character can only face one of four directions. There are probably more reasons, but this is the biggest.

All new projects are to be posted in the New Projects board.

Other Projects

winkio

Well actually, you can have the character facing 8 directions quite easily.  The real problem is adding in double the amount of graphics so that the player knows if they are facing diagonally or not.  It's not really impossible, it's just a lot of work and much lower priority than most of the other features of Blizz-ABS.

whitespirits

Ok guys so i have been working with weapons today, im having a problem with the fact blizz abs projects weapon animations way in front of the character, I have configured my weapons to appear perfectly on the characters, can i turn this feature off?

Wolyafa

Im getting an error with Tons of Addons

the error occures when I press F12 to reset the game even happens on title screen)
any way to fix this?

KK20

There are a lot of scripts out there that fix the F12 problem (has something to do with reloading the scripts and doubling aliases thereby causing infinite loops which leads to stack level too deep). You can find one in the script database here.

Also, this is the BlizzABS board, not Tons :P

Other Projects

Benroyjam

I've downloaded this ABS. I am getting issues. they work fine but user manual is confusing me. It keeps saying "Navigation to the webpage was canceled"

What can I do?

finalholylight

Hello, can anyone teach me how to make a skill by eventing ? please
I want to make a skill that shot bullets fly with angle 45, I used "Event Creation" to create a bullet and "set move route" for that bullet, yeah it moved right, but the problem is how to let that bullet deal damage and disappeared when it hits target or disappeared when bullet hits obstacle ?

Obsidian_Ocelot

Greetings everyone, I've recently resumed working with RPGxp and Blizz-ABS after a long downtime period.

Today I've encountered an issue when calling Common Events with condition triggers, I get this error:

Script 'Blizz ABS part2' line 8097: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'trigger' for nil:NilClass

The Script line is as such:
   if $game_map.events[event_id].trigger > 4
      $game_map.events[event_id].clear_starting
      $game_map.events[event_id].lock
    end

I tried experimenting with removing the if statement, but that will cause Enemy sprites to freeze the game on death if they have any actions on death eg.varible +1, switch ect.

Any help with this would be amazing, glad to see the forum is still active after so many years. Big Hugs!

KK20

The same question has been asked on this page. Scroll up :P

Other Projects

Obsidian_Ocelot

Brilliant! Thanks so much for the heads up,!
Sorry for my lazy scrolling, I have been working pretty diligently trying to get some events working before work.
Thanks again.