ForeverZer0 resolution script problem

Started by Thekal, December 12, 2011, 04:15:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Thekal

First of all, great script ! So thanks...

Now to the problem.
Im using ForeverZero custom resolution script for RPG Maker XP version 0.93. Resolution is set to 1280x880
When i get into a fight against 2 or more monsters the bug occurs.
Here is an easy explanation.

You get into a fight against two ghosts (or any monster of your liking)
The first turn is yours and you instantly killing one of ghosts.
And here is the problem. After your turn there is only one ghost remaining, but the ghost you just slain can still attack, only this turn however.
Next turn is normal. It's like the game waits till the end of turn to check if the enemy is dead.

Also i dont want to make new thread so i get my question in this one.
Is there a way to set higher treshold to number of characters in one message ?

Thanks in advance ! Keep up the good job !

ForeverZer0

The resolution script doesn't effect battle. What other scripts are you using/modified?
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Thekal

Ah sorry man...
I'm just being utterly retarded.... :shy:
I deleted all the statuses and items from database and it seems it needs K.O. status to affect enemies...
Problem solved....thread can be deleted...
I'm working on my game for straight 7 hours now and kinda didn't double check  :facepalm:

Sorry...

Thekal

Okay now for the real problem.
Using resolution 1280x880
This seems to happen if i go to menu for 6th or 7th time.....sometimes randomly.....

Spoiler: ShowHide

Using TonsofScripts and Blacksmith script

Ryex

what kind of computer do you have? this normally mean it has run out of video memory. zer0 you man need to force GC clean up I had this problem when using the RGSS engine as an image converter after I had converted a few hundred images,
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

It uses the RPG::Cache, so garbage collection shouldn't be needed, but this occurs on a menu, whereas the only thing that should be affected there is the viewport size will be initialized as the resolution size if it was set to 640x480. The "failed to create bitmap" usually occurs for other reasons, such as creating negative or nil values for the size.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

A negative height for a bitmap will actually work, but 0 won't.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Thekal

December 17, 2011, 02:49:37 am #7 Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 02:54:27 am by Thekal
My specs are pretty reasonable i think

Amd Phenom II 3,4Ghz
6gb DDR3 RAM 2000mhz
Ati HD 5870 1gb

I noticed that this error occurs if im using map bigger than 80x80 blocks...
When i resized maps to 96x96 the problem is not occuring atm.
Any bigger size is causing this error...
Maybe it really have something to do with Cache clearing

Occurs while -
Closing shop
Closing ESC menu
Transfering player between maps
Transferring player from battle
(practically anything that requires tileset loading)

Ryex

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on December 16, 2011, 06:02:36 pm
It uses the RPG::Cache, so garbage collection shouldn't be needed, but this occurs on a menu, whereas the only thing that should be affected there is the viewport size will be initialized as the resolution size if it was set to 640x480. The "failed to create bitmap" usually occurs for other reasons, such as creating negative or nil values for the size.

note that the image converter I used ALSO used the cache. but it still ran out of memory unless I forced the GC to start.
it's makes no sense but it is necessary.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />