[Resolved] Conditional Gameover

Started by RoseSkye, April 26, 2009, 09:29:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RoseSkye

April 26, 2009, 09:29:08 pm Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 04:13:54 pm by RoseSkye
Where is this cluster damage thing.

Also.. bonus question

How would I go about redirecting to the game over screen when a specific character dies if he's in the first position.

P.S. I just noticed the search tab in the help file. Which made it waaaay easier for me to find other answers.

Aqua

April 26, 2009, 09:33:14 pm #1 Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 10:19:33 pm by Aqua
Cluster Damage is in Anima

Mmm off the top of my head... hope it works XD

if $game_party[0].state.include?(1)
$scene = Scene_Gameover.new
end

RoseSkye

April 27, 2009, 02:47:08 am #2 Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 02:52:45 am by RoseSkye
Quote from: Aqua on April 26, 2009, 09:33:14 pm
Cluster Damage is in Anima

if $game_party[0].state.include?(1)
$scene = Scene_Gameover.new
end

~.~ I cant in good conscience take a script designed for a game that wasn't publicly released.

Also.
I'm not scripter but that looks weird to me. It's like checking for a party leader without checking for an actor.. infact its not even doing that. Then again.. not a scripter so my perception of the script snippet may be leagues from what it is in actuality.

Blizzard

April 27, 2009, 05:54:46 am #3 Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 05:55:58 am by Blizzard
Quote from: RoseSkye on April 26, 2009, 09:29:08 pm
How would I go about redirecting to the game over screen when a specific character dies if he's in the first position.

Add this below Blizz-ABS:

class Scene_Map
  def judge
    return $game_party.actors[0].dead?
  end
end

If it doesn't work, tell me and I will tell you what else you need to do.

Quote from: game_guy on April 26, 2009, 09:35:03 pm
Not sure if this really counts as a question for BABS
What exactly does Cluster Damage do?

Displays more than 1 damage sprite flying around.

Quote from: RoseSkye on April 27, 2009, 02:47:08 am
~.~ I cant in good conscience take a script designed for a game that wasn't publicly released.

Anima was publicly released. And Cluster Damage is more a hack than a well designed plugin as it simply executes a skill multiple times (hence the multiple damage sprites) rather than actually just showing multiple damage sprites for just one damage value. i.e. You have done 47 damage and you get 3 sprites with the numbers 13, 27 and 7.
Thing is that I was going to include Cluster Damage as a part of Blizz-ABS. It's not complicated, I just need another option for weapons/skills/items/enemies.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

tSwitch

April 27, 2009, 10:38:43 am #4 Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 10:47:05 am by NAMKCOR
Quote from: game_guy on April 26, 2009, 09:35:03 pm
What exactly does Cluster Damage do?

there's a skill in Anima that hits twice, and pops damage twice, that's what it does.

if you meant 'for' then it's been publicly released open-source...
if you meant 'from', then I understand.

Also.
I'm not scripter but that looks weird to me. It's like checking for a party leader without checking for an actor.. infact its not even doing that. Then again.. not a scripter so my perception of the script snippet may be leagues from what it is in actuality.

that's exactly what it is doing, and...it's not what you asked for, good eye.
I'd write something up, but I'm at work and I don't trust writing RGSS code without RMXP handy to check it.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

tSwitch

Blizzard

Aqua's will crash the game, mine just isn't fully doing what's it supposed to (thanks for bringing that to my attention).
I missed the part where it has to be a specific actor.

class Scene_Map
  alias judge_rose_later
  def judge
    return ($game_party.actors[0].id == ID && $game_party.actors[0].dead?) || judge_rose_later
  end
end

Change ID to the database ID of the actor.

RoseSkye

Quote from: Blizzard on April 27, 2009, 05:54:46 am
Quote from: RoseSkye on April 26, 2009, 09:29:08 pm

Add this below Blizz-ABS:

class Scene_Map
  def judge
    return $game_party.actors[0].dead?
  end
end

If it doesn't work, tell me and I will tell you what else you need to do.

Anima was publicly released. And Cluster Damage is more a hack than a well designed plugin as it simply executes a skill multiple times (hence the multiple damage sprites) rather than actually just showing multiple damage sprites for just one damage value. i.e. You have done 47 damage and you get 3 sprites with the numbers 13, 27 and 7.
Thing is that I was going to include Cluster Damage as a part of Blizz-ABS. It's not complicated, I just need another option for weapons/skills/items/enemies.

It doesn't work ;-;.

Um, I meant the script itself. It doesn't matter if the game was decrypted. It feels like breaking and entering if I go into someones project and steal their scripts. I cant do it. =/

Blizzard

Quote from: Blizzard on April 27, 2009, 10:50:12 am
Aqua's will crash the game, mine just isn't fully doing what's it supposed to (thanks for bringing that to my attention).

class Scene_Map
  alias judge_rose_later
  def judge
    return ($game_party.actors[0].id == ID && $game_party.actors[0].dead?) || judge_rose_later
  end
end

RoseSkye

Quote from: Blizzard on April 27, 2009, 11:00:39 am
Quote from: Blizzard on April 27, 2009, 10:50:12 am

class Scene_Map
  alias judge_rose_later
  def judge
  end
end

I lol'd
A. why did you have to use my name in the script

B. Why didn't you show me this one first. (I didn't try it out yet)

----------------------------------

Also is there anyway to start a certain music track when the party enters the range of enemies and play the track that was played before when they leave range of enemies?

tSwitch

Quote from: RoseSkye on April 27, 2009, 11:03:45 am
I lol'd
A. why did you have to use my name in the script

to make sure that the alias was uniquely named as to eliminate possible conflicts with other scripts

B. Why didn't you show me this one first. (I didn't try it out yet)

because he misinterpreted your request at first, and didn't realize what you were asking for

Also is there anyway to start a certain music track when the party enters the range of enemies and play the track that was played before when they leave range of enemies?

modern made a system that plays sounds based on how close you are to events, but it lags terribly and isn't compatible with BlizzABS

RoseSkye

Hey Blizz. Did you come up with a fix?

Blizzard

April 27, 2009, 12:42:06 pm #13 Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 12:43:59 pm by Blizzard
Didn't winkio post an event system like that? Check out the Event Systems section.
Also, what do you mean with fix? This one isn't working?

RoseSkye

Blizzard

Yeah, I just noticed it in the shoutbox.

class Scene_Map
  alias judge_rose_later judge
  def judge
  end
end

RoseSkye

Script 'Blizz Thingy' line 4: Name Error occured.

uninitialized constant Scene_Map::ID

Blizzard

Quote from: Blizzard on April 27, 2009, 11:00:39 am

In your case 10, right?

RoseSkye

tSwitch

Quote from: RoseSkye on April 27, 2009, 12:52:33 pm
Script 'Blizz Thingy' line 4: Name Error occured.

uninitialized constant Scene_Map::ID

thing is...that error is saying that ID is an uninitialized constant, it's trying to use it as a value.
tell me, does your script look like this?

class Scene_Map
  alias judge_rose_later judge
  def judge
    return ($game_party.actors[0].id == 10 && $game_party.actors[0].dead?) || judge_rose_later
  end
end