Java Install Help Please

Started by G_G, July 27, 2009, 06:22:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Okay so a few programs I tried to install needed java. As well as a few irc's I've visited. Usually my computer installs it when I wipe my hd but it didnt come with the cd I guess.

Anyways I tried installing it and I get this error

Error 26011: Unpacking rt failed

I tried googling it to see if I could fix it and the page wont load. So I tried 4 more search engines and it still didnt load. So I think the install messed something up. Please help!

(Computers hate me for some odd reason)

fugibo

More info please? And what "Java" are you installing, exactly?

G_G

July 27, 2009, 06:55:22 pm #2 Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 06:57:07 pm by game_guy
this one
the one that says offline for windows

http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp?locale=en&host=java.com:80

the irc's and programs led me to that page when it said you need to install java.

And more info like I was installing java, that error popped up, thats exactly what it said. So then it closed. I tried googling the error but the page wouldnt load at all. Same with a few other search engines. It does the same thing in firefox, and internet explorer.

I found this error on java while browsing the site help
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/error_26011.xml

The solution doesnt make sense because I have more then 100mb of free space

fugibo

Firstly, why are you installing for Internet Explorer...?

Secondly, looks like... er... Windows is insane? Iunno. Uninstall everything related to the error and try again?

G_G

I never said I was trying to install it for i.e. I said I was trying to get a search engine to work on i.e.

And I dont have more then 15 programs installed. All of them were installed before I installed java.

Blizzard

Download from somewhere else, don't use that mirror. It looks to me as if the file is damaged.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.