News: Make your MMO dream a reality! - RPG Maker XP Online System
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 7 - Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.  (Read 12302 times)
bigace
Transcended Spirit

Level: 16

View Profile WWW
« on: May 06, 2010, 01:47:34 AM »

Just recently it started having problems. It won't play any type of music
file, when I go to play a song it will say "Windows Media Player encountered
a problem while playing the file. For additional assistance, click Web Help.

Ok so I click web help and it takes me to this page

https://www.microsoft.com/windows/wi...nalid=80004005

My audio drivers are up to date and everything is working fine I don't
understand what could be causing this.

Note: It works on sound and other stuff works on everything else, just the WMP encountering problems.

Use Dropbox to upload your files. Much simpler than other upload sites, you can simply place a folder on your desktop that will sync with your DropBox account.
Starrodkirby86
Kirby de Varita Estelar
Guardian of Chaos

Level: 194

~!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 03:25:04 AM »

What file extension is it? Can you play other music files on Windows Media Player? Perhaps you should open the files with Media Player (File...Open...etc.)

Can you play that same file on another media player, if you have one?

I guess these questions are a bit useless...but I haven't a clue what's happening here too. Not to mention I'm in a rush right now. ;~;

If you don't have a heart for Windows Media Player and don't care about fixing the problem, you can always try some other alternatives. I use Winamp. :3
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 03:26:35 AM by Starrodkirby86 » Logged

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

bigace
Transcended Spirit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 03:41:34 AM »

What file extension is it? Can you play other music files on Windows Media Player? Perhaps you should open the files with Media Player (File...Open...etc.)

Can you play that same file on another media player, if you have one?

I guess these questions are a bit useless...but I haven't a clue what's happening here too. Not to mention I'm in a rush right now. ;~;

If you don't have a heart for Windows Media Player and don't care about fixing the problem, you can always try some other alternatives. I use Winamp. :3

If you read the bottom of the OP I already stated that it works on everything else.

I usually use WMP for mainly all my music uploading and categorizing, but Itunes for only unploading my ipod (obviously). I don't mind using a nother source for away, but I still want to know what problem is.

Use Dropbox to upload your files. Much simpler than other upload sites, you can simply place a folder on your desktop that will sync with your DropBox account.
Diokatsu
Wind God
Lexima Warrior

Level: 52

Fuck yes.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 03:43:32 AM »

Maybe you should stop trying to make out with your computer tower.

bigace
Transcended Spirit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 04:39:41 AM »

I don't get it  ???

Ryex
Arctic Bird of Programming
Global Moderator
Guardian of Chaos

Wants to write a compiler for fun

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 06:08:45 AM »

what type of file is it? is it mp3? mp4? oog? hard to help with out that

If time were Truly linear, I would not be here and the world would be knee deep in ashes.
DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.
(click to show/hide)
Starrodkirby86
Kirby de Varita Estelar
Guardian of Chaos

~!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 06:15:42 AM »

According to him, it's any type of music file...I guess that would go from .wav all the way to whatever else...

I wonder if updating to the latest version will fix any of this...That is, if you aren't on the latest.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Ryex
Arctic Bird of Programming
Global Moderator
Guardian of Chaos

Wants to write a compiler for fun

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 07:59:46 AM »

oh... that is weird. kinda sounds like one of the dll files that drives WMP got corrupted. a reinstall of WMP would fix that.

If time were Truly linear, I would not be here and the world would be knee deep in ashes.
DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.
(click to show/hide)
bigace
Transcended Spirit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 10:52:24 PM »

Okay, never mind I just had to restart the computer.  Tongue  :^_^':

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Shoutbox
Latest Shouts
Today at 08:37:41 AM Ryex: Actualy g_g has a 900 series card so no brute force needed
Today at 07:05:47 AM WhiteRose: The GeForce driver update today adds DSR to cards outside the 900 series, and it looks great - it's like having proper AA in games that only ever had FXAA. Of course, it does take your framerate down quite a bit, unless you have a system like G_G's, and then you can just brute force through it with your 400+ FPS, right, G_G? Wink
Today at 02:01:29 AM R.A.V.S.O: Gonna get quite busy this month that I'll probably be slightly more absent than the norm, on the bright side, I'm learning Unity
October 22, 2014, 10:46:13 PM Blizzard: Freaking awesome. <3 http://www.dorkly.com/post/69751/the-most-incredible-custom-n64s-ever
October 22, 2014, 01:26:08 PM gameus: It really helps when you have a PS3 and a PS4. You need PS+ to play online with the PS4 now so it's worth having just for that. Considering I've dealt with the whole Xbox live subscription before, this really wasn't any different. Plus, it gets you free games every month. I know you have to keep paying to keep them, but the collection does build up. I've got so many games across all 3 systems now. xD
October 22, 2014, 08:47:45 AM MarkHest: Boo
October 22, 2014, 07:53:26 AM WhiteRose: For some reason, PS+ has never really appealed to me, because you have to keep paying for it in order to keep playing your free games. I know that the price is so cheap that it's worth it, but I think I don't feel that any PS+ games are part of my "collection," if that makes sense. There's probably some sort of psychological thing that explains it. Haha. Tongue
October 22, 2014, 06:38:40 AM gameus: Too bad you don't have PS+. I got that game free awhile ago.
October 22, 2014, 04:22:04 AM WhiteRose: Dragon's Crown is 50% off on the PSN sale, and the gameplay looks fun... but.... I guess some of the art style is a little... different than what I might normally play. I'm kind of on the edge about whether to get it or not.
October 21, 2014, 04:53:40 PM Zexion: I dunno how to play it so i gave it away, but i think you just need to collect certain peices

HB Games RpgMaker.org