SyntaxError occurred while running script? [Resolved]

Started by ojp2010, August 29, 2010, 08:06:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ojp2010

August 29, 2010, 08:06:15 pm Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 11:07:49 pm by ojp2010
I was applying, testing scripts and tuning their functions and then I got this error: SyntaxError occurred while runnning script. I tried copying the data, graphics, etc. folders into a new project, didn't work same error. I tried manually copying the scripts into a new project and I got the same error. But all the scripts worked fine the player test just before. I was changing functions in the Quest Log script when it happened. I removed the script and still got the same error.

I included a picture, I am assuming I am screwed.

Spoiler: ShowHide

EDIT: Download a new RMX-OS and loading the Client, too double check it would work with the server I have, tested fine. I then manually installed my scripts I was using back into the newly download client. I still got the Error, so I began process of a limitation removing one script and testing the game. I got errors until I had removed all the add scripts, but RMX-OS scripts. So I am guessing that RMX-OS doesn't like the scripts I am using. Any ideas on what I touched and broke anyone?

Blizzard

That exact error happens when you have incorrect syntax in a script call.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

Quote from: Blizzard on August 30, 2010, 02:36:33 am

that means check your events
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ojp2010

Quote from: Ryexander on August 30, 2010, 11:45:30 am
Quote from: Blizzard on August 30, 2010, 02:36:33 am

that means check your events

I see well I fixed the problem, I believe it had something to do with Item Storage, that is what I was working with at the time. I'll have to do some more testing and debugging to be for sure.

ForeverZer0

You may have been trying to do something with the item storage, but the problem was that a script call was not written in the correct syntax. Not a script issue. An event one.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

ojp2010

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on August 30, 2010, 04:34:02 pm
You may have been trying to do something with the item storage, but the problem was that a script call was not written in the correct syntax. Not a script issue. An event one.

I see okay thank you all. <3