'Nocturne's Gospel'

Started by Caro Ru Lushe, January 09, 2008, 01:56:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Caro Ru Lushe

January 09, 2008, 01:56:04 am Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 08:45:33 am by Caro Ru Lushe

Title: Nocturne's Gospel
Rated: M for Mature

Spoiler: ShowHide

'Death to the oppressors and mercy to the weak.
As we sing our songs together.
We shall never be apart
We shall share our pain together
From this day on, our souls are one.'

After an afternoon's hunt, Lyle & his childhood friend, Caith found a girl by the name of Samantha, badly injured from a fall of a cliff, after being pursued by unknown forces. Upon helping her, Lyle soon becomes entangled in a series of events which changes his life forever.

[

Name: Lyle Razenburg
Weapon: Double Daggers
Bio: Lyle Razenburg, along with his childhood friend Caith Alwien, is a young man that takes care of orphans to live through the dangerous world of the Altro Precepia. After saving the life of the enigmatic Samantha, Lyle finds himself entangled with a series of events that changed his life and perception of the world.

Selective Post Menu - No Wondering around lost in town? Yes, Now SR has a selective 'Post' Menu for each town & even Dungeon, for Story conveniences. There's even a rather pretty World Map coming in the way too.

New CGs, New Sprites, New RTP!? - Graphics are improved, New Palette colors, An Entire Custom RTP Characters by Caro herself, And Even New Tilesets, edited, Recolored and Add-ons from Deathlock, and among others Spriters.

A New Storyline - A New Story that breaks throu some of the Cliches and gives a Shocking for the player, One that Isn't the average 'Fairy-Tale' With Memorable Characters, Original Worlds to Explore, and Beings that surpasses the Laws of the Original.

A Brand New Battlesystem in the works? - Brand new Battle system, to which allows the player to select from Supportive & Active status to customizing their skills, and Ranks. Along with new Graphics and Enemies.

Enter the 'Masterpiece' - With rigid Puzzles, a New Visual Novel Feel, the new 'Nocturne Gospel' will prove to be worth the wait this time.

---Scripts Credits---
Blizzard - Tons of Add-Ons
Namckor - Add-On Equip Requirements
Ccoa - UMS
Charlie - FFX CBS
GuiB - Fixing up an Incompatibility (And helping out whenever I get script bugs)

---Title Logo---
Lonewolf (Also for Custom Graphics he's working for the Menu)

---Events Credits---
Zeriab
Shaz
Dark Angel Sion/Caro Ru Lushe
Special: Monkeydlu (For Opening Intro)

---Mapping Credits---

---Tile Sets Credits---
Enterbrain
Blizzard
Wings
Ccoa
Malick aka, Jadak & Orae
Inquisitor
Caro Ru Lushe/ DAS
Reives & Shadow (Their Maps gave idea for changing the colors of the RTP and making a more 'darker atmosphere')
Others I don't Remember from RPGXP.Org

---Animation Credits---
Marcophone
Phanxygames.com
Enterbrain
Xuse

---Battlers Rip Credits---
Sithlord999 (For Ripping animations)

---Sprites---
Dark Angel Sion/Caro Ru Lushe (Only the Main Characters)
Naramura
Ruruga/Ruruna
Game Rage
Strawberry Quarters
Loose Leaf
PickleStudios
Blizzard
Sithjeister
Ccoa
Calintz16438
LandOfShadows
Jidori
Mokichi
Erk
Zammy
PinedaX
Deathlock

---Music Credits---
Mami Kawada - Joint ~ Opening Version
Mami Kawada - Masterpiece
Xuse - Seinarukana OST
Yuna Ito - Trust You?

---Pictures & Event CGs---
Nexus - Character Portraits & Designs
Dark Angel Sion/Caro Ru Lushe - Ti'll gets her Wacom-background & CGs among other slave work[/b]

---Sim Dating Dialogue System Credits---
Sky Fortress (Sacred Earth) - Inspiration
Monkeydlu (Celestias Ferrum) - Inspiration

---Story Credits---
Nexus

---Icons Credits---
Anonimous (-.-;;)
Monkeydlu

[/URL]

:< Chrono Trigger CMS by Raziel, Graphics skins & window skin by Hanzo/Lonewolf[/spoiler]

Artwork & Fanart: ShowHide
Ming: Linear Klyron:
Evangel Lim's 'Thank You' Hikari:

Soul Reaver Opening 1 "JOINT" By Monkeydlu: ShowHide

Caro's Note: Please know that the current video isn't the final product because of the Title change (Also, the fact I keep playing with the event every time makes it a bit, different)

Still No Demo Yet

Nortos

love your cutscenes they look stunning, but sooo many lens flares btw how do you get those cool borders?

Vell

DID YOU DO THE ARTWORK FOR THIS BY YOURSELF?!?!?!?!

the characters look awesome, and the game seems like its gonna be tons of fun. CAN'T WAIT!

Blizzard

January 09, 2008, 07:02:06 am #3 Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 07:03:24 am by Blizzard
This looks great! You've done a lot ever since, DAS. ^_^

You have a bug in you post where the screenshots are. xD As soon as you put a 30+ minutes demo, this is getting moved into the main section.

BTW, you can remove "Nemesis CMS Hybrid Edition" from the Credits since you are using STCMS which is technically the same.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

Sally

OMG this looks like a PRO GAME!!! im not kidding and DID U MAKE THOS PICS FOR THE CHARACTYERS!! OMG....
this looks so awsome im not kidding.... and how did u get the borders?

Nortos

the pics say copyright Xuse, if that's any help to anyone though I don't know who Xuse is...

Calintz

Vell

well yeah, but you know, Xuse could be like, a different online Alias of DASs.

Caro Ru Lushe

No, I did not make the characters. They're copyright of Xuse. They're from a Game called Seinarukana 2: The Spirit of Eternity Sword & The Others in which are red Are from TYPE-MOON, from the Games Fate/Stay Night & Fate/Hollow Ataraxia.

The Third last one is from another game named Utawarerumono.

I didn't make the character's pictures, yet I left the Character's pictures in the Credit. Well, I'll Update for the Credits for the Scenarios & Battlers used =<

magic2345

I've seen their homepage and IT IS AWESOME!!
Btw, what's the name of the font you used for the title screen?
And good luck with your game!  ;D
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is." -Kino's Journey

"Hm...What would uncle say?....
Life is like the clouds, it has two sides and a silverlining inbetween...Like a sandwich!! When life is hard, you take a bite out of the silverlining...."
-Zuko
Characters : 3%
Mapping : 1%
Graphics : 3%
Scripts : 20%

Nortos

so how did you do those borders it look awesome and I can't wait for a demo

Vell

*is somewhat patiently standing in the middle of nowehere surrounded by darkness waiting for a demo*

Caro Ru Lushe

ok, Fixed the Screenshots ;3 And added spoiler so one didn't had to like, Go down and scroll, at least in the Screenshot part. <& I just realized I added a little error in the characters so I deleted it. =x Until next Update, That is all. Gotta stop taking more screenshots ;__; >

Vell

lol, Screenies are AWESOME, take as much as needed.

Fantasist

An RPG with good CG, awesome1 And the features list is impressive.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Caro Ru Lushe

Been long since I updated this, Added the Main Characters (Playable) (Thou Missing Ilumina, Releena & Kraig)

& What I had already worked Writing (Plot already worked up, and I gotta change those screenshots, I have my own Sprites for the Characters >__>;; )

Calintz

Hey...who did the art for this game...It's beautiful...

Caro Ru Lushe

Xuse . . . Thou Artist, dunno, since I can't understand japanese >__>;;

Edit:

Added New Screenshots & Deleted the Old ones but by mistake ended up deleting all of them >__>;; Until Imageshack stops been a ****** I'll upload the Rest of the Pictures & the Newly Modified ones with the sprites of each character used in the old ones =X

Nortos

use photobucket so much easier once you go to effort to make an account

Calintz

January 29, 2008, 04:56:44 pm #20 Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 04:59:25 pm by Calintz16438
You should really do something about this >>

Right now, your screen is being cut off, and I don't like that. I'm just one person, but this might cause other ppl to feel the same way. Who wants to play a game that has cutoffs?? I say, try to make some sort of script that will drop the aspect ratio so that you're fighting screen fits ncely into the bottom of that window outline you are using...Other than that, I don't see too many problems...

Caro Ru Lushe

Quote from: Nortos on January 29, 2008, 12:03:31 am
use photobucket so much easier once you go to effort to make an account
D: I sorta dislike the fact it shrinks and takes bits of the image's quality & size.
Quote from: Calintz16438 on January 29, 2008, 04:56:44 pm
You should really do something about this >>

Right now, your screen is being cut off, and I don't like that. I'm just one person, but this might cause other ppl to feel the same way. Who wants to play a game that has cutoffs?? I say, try to make some sort of script that will drop the aspect ratio so that you're fighting screen fits ncely into the bottom of that window outline you are using...Other than that, I don't see too many problems...

=X The Window outline won't appear in the game . . . It's just there for the Sample Images >__>;;

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates on the features & the Screenshots are up again, with new ones =X

Calintz

Vell

I can't wait to try this game out, it looks like its coming out to be an awesome game.

Calintz

Caro Ru Lushe

I haven't seen Ccoa's game. Thou I use her Message Script >__>;;

I think I might request something in the script section, and see . . . If I can make a small Trial Demo of Soul-Raves so you all crazy people waiting for it can burn some of that ansiety off =X

Vell

Calintz

Caro Ru Lushe

=X Yes, Ansiety is a Biach, specially when one is waiting for something.

Calintz

But really >> Ccoa's game is very nice thus far...I'm waiting for her next demo!!

WeaponOD

Caro Ru Lushe

I'd be sure having fun, but mostly been recollecting .Hack Stuff. =X I never thought the designs would call my attention. (I just realize the Boss from one of the Screenshots Used was from the mentioned Game, Just an Image I used and Changed it's Colors >__>;; )

Caro Ru Lushe

Thanks to Ultafame, =X I got inspired enough to change the beginning and storyline.

*Will Update it when I get it wroted up down already*

Vell

O.o I inspired you? how...? i mean, thats awesome, but, when?

Fantasist

Ulta's very influential! IT's a natural, you know ^_^
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Caro Ru Lushe

Because of that, I changed the Story, and added shorter info on the Characters  :P

Caro Ru Lushe

Calintz

Caro Ru Lushe

Going to try to get a 30 minute demo for you guys to enjoy at least, (and myself). Other than that.
The School is getting crowded and soon to add the new screenshots with the new sprites in action <3

Calintz

Vell

Caro Ru Lushe

---- Update ----

Added Support signatures.

*Thou the Code might be wrong because it's my first time!*

>__>;; so this thread gets supported and so on.

Caro Ru Lushe

Here's a little something to liven this place up:

Juno: "Yo!"
Archon I.: "What are you suppose to be?"

Juno: "Kamina from Gurren Lagann"
Archon I.: "Why?"

Juno: " 'Cause he's Cool"
*Archon I. Leaves
Juno: "Where are you Going?"
Archon I.: "None of your Business"

Juno: "?"

Juno: "S-Sephiroths?!"
Archon I.: "Shut Up! It sucks having breast & yet I look like a man ;-; "

Caro Ru Lushe

You guys may want to check the First post  :P Or you'd be undoubtly miss some of the "New" stuff. Next will Feature the Complete Character's biography from SR1dg To Twilight Hoax =3

wolfi--

March 26, 2008, 04:45:09 am #44 Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 04:45:41 am by wolfi--
Caan''t waiiiit fooorr 21st Jullyyyyyy!

;-;

Caro Ru Lushe

Sooooooooo, I was about to get rid of the stuff, whe I couldn't get here up to today.

Having a waste of a time, The game was nominated project of the month on RMRK, unexpectedly, since the demo is on July.

Realese of Teaser, clearence & finally show the story's plot & such, ermm, just a lot of updates (even it's own logo title).

Thou, the teaser, would certainly turn one down as many has seen.

that's all my updates.

~ Caro Ru Lushe

Vell

HI!!!!! just wanted to poke in and check up on the new updates, and to apologize for like kinda forgetting bout it for a while.

anyway! YAY DEMO DAY BEFORE SOMETHIN!

Caro Ru Lushe

;D There's been a lot of things coming lately . . .

so, you haven't miss much thou, now that I finish University, I can sit back & finish the Sprites, Maps & such to actually have it bug free july 21st.

=3 Also, there are Two Secret Characters within the demo that make a Cameo appearence, who they are, I am not spoiling, but the list can give you hints.

Caro Ru Lushe

Macarony & Cheese! This has no replies?!

To bring some:

Fanart of Fianna by Evangel Lim from AnCo, =<

by Blizzard: Spoilers, Caro, spoilers. #_#

DeathLock

Vell

...sorry... I've been... admittedly, uninterested in this section for a while.

but, I am now trying to get back into it...

umm... >.< *goes to check first post*

yoshixpert

damn you pros. you guys do so much better than me. XD
jealous n00bs + 1

anyway can't wait for the demo

Caro Ru Lushe

:^_^': Tomorrow . . . is that day . . . Nervous, I hope Nothing wrong happens like every time I try to upload it, something bad happens that make me work again.

Caro Ru Lushe

Expect a release the 26th, hopefully . . . I am just waiting the new Seinarukana game to grab more CGs & characters.

;)

Punn

Caro Ru Lushe

It'll come, but,  :^_^': No release week or so this time.

OMG! New Picture!!!: ShowHide

Faito Haets Pizza: ShowHide

Super Spoilers if you can see it well that is.: ShowHide

Kudos & Credits to Sithlord999 for ripping the Sequel of Seinarukana up. =X

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Caro Ru Lushe on July 26, 2008, 03:20:24 pm
OMG! New Picture!!!: ShowHide

That can be interpretted in soooo many ways...Hope I got the right meaning.  :wacko:

I never bothered to reply this, but I might as well now, and it's really nice...Though many games don't live up to their screenshots. D: I hope this one does, no pressure though...No pressure at all...

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

DeathLock

Hopefully, the sprite you've requested doesn't delay your work. I can't handle the blame. XD

Caro Ru Lushe

Caro Ru Lushe

ok, If you haven't realize guys, I had taken Soul-Rage, Soul-Limit & Chaos drive from the game & actually from the post . . . because of Blizzard's Almighty dah Rules of Copyright, but some  F*cktard (Pardon for the language) Trash talks & request spoilers for the project.

I have never been in a tense situation. So, technically I feel angry & sorta not well to work on this, but I'll struggle to get a demo for all of you guys.

(& I am going to get those resources uploaded Aqua, just that this connection is bothersome)

Blizzard

You are angry because somebody trash talked about your game and are going to abandon it? What am I supposed to do with this site then? Should I take it down? Should I just delete the content and delete all the database just because the host keeps deleting my files and has many other flaws which annoy the hell out of me? It's like, every week some new shit and I tell you, I'm fucking sick of it. Not to talk about my mapper being stubborn and making the maps his way so I have to waste my time and rework them. And what about my personal problems? Should I just go and kill my self or what? Now put your game back up. And if somebody dares saying anything about copyright infrigement, direct him to me that I tear his ass apart. This guy has obviously never heard of "fair use" and most probably can't read or is too dumb too understand that my CC license ALLOWS THE USAGE OF CRLS in non-commercial games without asking and that you need JUST MY PERMISSION for a commercial game. In fact, you should report the person for harassing you at that forum.

EDIT: Give me a link to that topic. I'll tear this idiot a new ass even if I get banned.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

Come on Caro! Someone who doesn't know what he/she's talking about is not worth all the pain for you! Get over it >8U I'm suffering a lot because I can't get over the same kind of problems, thinking too much about what matters least. Don't let it ruin your mood, there are always better ways of wasting time, cheer up!

Punn

Yeah, I'll join you on that on Boris, its not right to flame someone prolly for the fucking dumbest reason, your game is prolly a well made rmxp game out there, and what the fuck he done? A game with crappy shitty mapping and sentence that makes no sense. He isnt an almighty god troll, so he should keep that mouth of his closed. YOUR GAME IS FUCKING AWESOME, AND I SUPPORT YOU AND THE GAME!! SO DONT ABANDON YOUR GAME OR YOUR ABANDONING YOUR IDEAS, AND YOUR TIME AND EVERYTHING YOU DEVOTED TO THIS GAME! (But um.. take your time, really. Its not your fualt that your game might be erased, those things are common among these part of the community, dont beat yourself up over it) And he also doesnt have the right to tell you which script you can or cant use, obviously, scripter post their script to help (Mainly to get credited) so its a free among public use.

As for you Boris, fuck you, keep the forum up and if you delete I will assassinate your blond ass :V

But we all have our own problems but we overcome them, mainly cuz if we look alive, its something it can be passed and forgotten

But do what I do, drink and get drunk, then wake up, forget everything that idiot said, cuz no one wants to hear what one little idiot have to say nor no one will care.

Anyways, you can delete this post if you want or when Caro ask for it, since this isnt related to the topic whatsoever. Hope you see the light then the lie

Blizzard

There's no way I'd delete your post without valid reason, mumerus. And there is none. :P

shdwlink1993

Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Blizzard

Caro Ru Lushe

Blizzard & Co.

you guys are really something . . .

Shdwlink  :^_^': It's a battlefield I was not expecting.

Starrodkirby86

Meh, it's RMXP.org, they're always full of people like that I suppose. Despain is of course the worst issue of them all, but there's nothing one can do thanks to him being administrator. I hope we did help and motivate you though, the effort really makes it matter. :)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Fantasist

Right. I've been keeping an eye on this project for some time, and it's about time I expressed my views and criticism.

To be frank, I was a bit dissappointed when I saw the anime graphics (which caught my eye first) because I value gameplay elements more than character CG. That's not to say I don't like the concept. In fact, I love it. When I took a closer look at the maps, I was nothing short of impressed. Your map work is detailed and sets the right atmosphere. I read the story, which is a bit cliche, but believe me, I love that theme when it's presented properly, and I knew I won't be dissappointed. But then, throughout the read, grammar mistakes hit me hard. Being a grammar nazi, grammar mistakes turn me off. But more importantly, I was still interested in the project because of the features list. By the looks of everything, there seems to be lot of drama in the game, as much as there is fun and excitement. Too much drama makes me feel dizzy, but that's not a problem, I have times when I'm emo ;) I was a bit skeptical when I saw the dating system integrated into a game like this, but then I thought 'why not?'. I enjoy character development in games and if you can pull it off properly, it might just be nice. So finally, when I first saw this project, I was dissappointed, but also impressed. I decided that I'll play the game when you make it.

Now, the suggestions. First thing is grammar. I hope you're not offended because I pointed it out too much, but I promise it will be the last time I'll ever do that again. Fix it first, especially in the first post. I'll help if you want, you just need to ask. Since this project is very detailed and expansive, you could use a good choice of words. Star's grammar and vocabulary rival my own, and I daresay he's better than me. Badger him for help when you think a sentence doesn't sound impressive enough >8U (sorry for bringing you into this Star ^_^')

Next, the usage of CG during dialogs. Make it optional. I know that this project has a lot more than just flashy graphics, but don't let the audience think otherwise. Set it as an option in your CMS (I can help you with that). I know it can be a lot of eventing, but you can always mod your custom message system to use facesets instead when the CG option is turned off in the menu (I can help you with that too). That way, you don't need to change any eventing.

Now, there's the issue of map toning. I know it's personal preference, but I felt some of the maps were straining my eyes. I don't know how many people will agree with me, this is just my opinion. If you are going to consider it, lower the intensity of the color, it's easier on the eyes.

All of that being said about the project itself, I have one more suggestion regarding the project topic. Use low quality images in the first post, please >_< It took me nearly a minute to load the page. Try to use jpg or gif images (gif images have transparency). IrfanView is a very good program for saving in different formats and batch conversion.

Well, I hope to get my hands on the demo soon, so hurry up! And don't forget to keep the upload size small, since I have a very slow connection ^_^' You can use Blizzard's Resource Tester to prune unused resources.
Shameless self-promotion >_<: ShowHide

I think this is going to help you when you release your demo :D

All the best ^_^

Blizzard

Also, I recommed that you check out how the map colors look on a cathode tube monitor. I could tone down the night tint in my game and could still see everything on my LCD laptop display without problems, but I noticed that on cathode tube monitors it was just too dark.

Caro Ru Lushe

Thanks to shdwlink1993 fix the grammar for your eyes guys & girls :X

& I thank everyone for supporting, & i am sorry for it >___>;;;

By next update, Ill get a variation of new stuff, including the Title Change :=

:^_^': Also, I might have to look for a more Suitable CBS since I reaally want to put CRL

.____.|||

Blizzard

Just wait a bit longer since I will make CRLS compatible with Minkoff's CBS in the end. SRS and SLS work pretty well already (except for a bug in SRS), but CDS doesn't work fully.

Caro Ru Lushe

Quote from: Ashramaru on August 10, 2008, 11:19:07 am
Let me just say one thing. The problem with this game is the author and all the fanboys can not take criticism. When I came on and listed a few things to change, everyone was like "AHHA the Sky is Falling", come on. I have yet to play the game, but odds are I won't simply because if I wanted to watch an Anime or read a book, I would read Dante' Inferno, and go watch Code Geass. There's nothing this game presents that is original, the story is sadly cliche, the art style is from another game, and the author is shamelessly bumping the game with small updates, which can be simply shown in the Screenshot topic.  I haven't been in this community for a while, but this game is a waste of RMXP's capacity. Let me rip FFVII Graphics and art and put a game together with it, what would you say in that situation. It just seems like the majority of people are blinded by the flashy anime, which I might add is from another game. Normally I am level headed but I cant stand to read the compliments the game is receiving when there is really nothing that impressive about it at all.

From .org, Now is that a healthy criticism?

How am I suppose to get motivated?

Reply:

Quote from: Caro Ru Lushe@Ashramaru: It matters not wether you like it or not . . . but "thanks" for the Comment.

Quote from: Blizzard on August 10, 2008, 06:10:27 am
Just wait a bit longer since I will make CRLS compatible with Minkoff's CBS in the end. SRS and SLS work pretty well already (except for a bug in SRS), but CDS doesn't work fully.

:x Neat, but what I mostly have trouble is in a Custom Battle Menu to look neat, I sorta hate the one Minkoff CBS has.

*I like the one I am using, but :x it won't look pretty.

BTW, at thi point, I might just make a special for CP with a password for CP Members exclusive with two Extra Heroines Arcs >:/ This comments are getting annoying.

Punn

Your best bet is to forget and ignore that forum, it doesn't help you in anyway and the way they 'try' to help is just plain pathetic. You should just ask the mod to close that topic about your game at .org, as its crushing the name and fame your trying to give it.
Just remember that some people here actually care and wouldn't spam something stupid, I support you in a orthodox way. Hope that's motivate you enough.. Anyways, I hope this set back doesn't effect you and the way you make your game. Good luck.

Caro Ru Lushe

:x Thanks, but at the moment going to a place to get motivated. I might just lock it myself or so, but even they won't lock it for me as I know of.

Blizzard

Caro Ru Lushe

:^_^': Well, a little update, the Title has yet again been changed.

Also there's a new pretty Logo :p but, I still liked the first one.

Trying to write the story to be accurate with the CGs thou  :^_^': so, it won't be final.

Anyone asking themselves what is a Reaver, it's suppose to come/mean "Steal" or "Take" one of the two. (Can't remember & don't feel like searching for it xD)

Vell

*has come in late to the party*

you know, my Storyline Service is still open... I rarely check it since I've not gotten a request in like, months, but if you need help and I've not noticed it in the topic just send me a PM. I notice PMs.

Caro Ru Lushe

;) Your not late for the party actually.

I already sent a PM, just in case it doesn't arrive, well, at least you know I ask for your help for it. :x thou I don't know the template or what to do for the request.

In other news, Future Features (Not yet final, I'm still thinking of it):

Quote:x On news: Due to laziness & well, trouble making the resources & such, I might limit the exploration on Towns & Certain Areas, Instead, the player will go on a separated Windows of the location he is & chooses the area he/she wants to visit, think of it like . . . Ar Tonelico & (if you've been paying attention to Ming's updates) Celestias Ferrum.

Also, the gameplay might be <sigh> limited in some puzzles & mini-games due to said system & if you're the type of person who despises long talks . . . . Soul Reaver may not be for you, The game now uses a similar Visual Novel-like scenes, where the player's decision affects the party's thoughts on the main character, not to mention it also affects the Player's Partner/Heroine, most of the scenes, will (not final) look like a Visual Novel's system ingame. (Mainly because I'd have to edit sprites for many expressions & it gets tiring working over & over again).

Also, 2 new features to be added (probably, I'm still thinking) would be the so called "Topic" Event & the . . . well, "Dream World" Events.
These two work similar, but in a different way >:x

The "Topic" Event system is just an average conversation, in which the player interacts with one of the Characters from his/her party by looking up for "Topics" like items around the world, these events will only be unlocked either in a savepoint camping, Town Inn or Headquarters, these little events, althou some might be . . . (to you guys) boring, they actually raise the chances of your little heroines to fall for you & to even unlock those porn scenes which I know you all want and love the most. :p Can't let you guys have those scenes that easily, which comes Part 2:

The "Dream World" systems, takes more of the "Visual Novel" Concept, the player chooses one of the Heroines and both go in a "Role-Playing-Like-Game", ;3 With each raising that Girl's value to the Main Character even higher, not to mention some skills can only be obtain from this events. :x Unfortunately, it requires a certain Value or "Trust" towards that specific heroine to go "deeper" into each episode. Althou it sounds like boring, the "Dream World" actually creates a different storyline that has nothing to do with the main one, so you don't have to worry about missing details, since I realize that you will all start to panic if something from one girl's dream world is discussed & the player gets lost. (lol). One can obtain from this Events New Skills, Weapons, Armors & Items and the chance to strengthen the bond between the Main Character & the Player's selected Heroine (& your precious "scenes" ;P).

Also note, that once the game is release, there are also some NPCs which you can also activate these Topics & Dream World Events & get your precious Scenes too, but your gonna have to be careful as it can . . . quite get your partner (depending thou) quite angry >__>;; & lower her value.

Also, what does this mean? Simple: You don't have to worry about been caught playing Soul Reaver & suddenly one of those "Scenes" comes out, you'll have to make a lot of work if you want those scenes.

:x

Caro Ru Lushe

The Menu Screenshot makes it's official Appearance!  :ninja:

If only Fantasys was around to see his menu in SR  :^_^':

:x I wanted to use it for another project, but, I couldn't help it to love it & to work beautiful in here too  :wacko:

:D Credits to Fantasys himself for making this lovely CMS a reality for me. (lol).

Diokatsu

Wow it looks so cool >.<

Great job and I can't get over how awesome your game looks!

Blizzard

The color of the hair of the character to the right doesn't match. O.o; You should fix the sprite or the battler.

Caro Ru Lushe

I sorta feel horrible, well, just to let you know I had changed the menu.

This is what I have in mind:

It's a mock-up before anyone gets the idea of it been real.  :^_^': & up to what I have been told, I won't worry of it been stolen as . . . it would require someone with the experience of Zeriab and/or Blizzard to actually build it and the other parts it has.

I'd post the Mock-up battle, but then, it'll give all of us "Nightmares".

Zeriab

That's quite lovely CRL ^_^

<_< >_>
*steals it*

Fantasist

If only Fantasys was around to see his menu in SR  :^_^':

:x I wanted to use it for another project, but, I couldn't help it to love it & to work beautiful in here too 

Credits to Fantasys himself for making this lovely CMS a reality for me. (lol).

That looks great CRL :O and tell me if you want anything else modded or fixed. I remember improving that system a bit but I don't have that project anymore...

PS: Fantasys => Fantasist ^_^

Caro Ru Lushe

I'm quite holding up for it, but I probably won't put it in SR, Incline to the mock up I have.

Well, people from other forums thought I was a bit 'dead' I just had connection troubles & had been working & searching for a school tile set :p

Fixed *At last* the Side View Battle, althou, the sprites would be 2-frames only.

Got a ripper who ripped some of Seinarukana's music & changed them so they could loop, like if they were midis but with mp3 quality :x (I forgot the name of the extension/format).

working on a mock-up to send for a new evented "temporary" Title Screen.

Remaking some of the old maps, specially those from the School (Didn't like the tileset I was using). replacing some sprites with temporary ones until I finish or mod them.

Revamped 1st Opening, still need to upload files to send to Aqua for the 2nd Opening.

I did mention I was learning scripting from Falcon.

Have to work on the Animations again is a must. (For my sake & for those who want some of them :x)

Spriting & fixing a few character sets.

Finish "Crimson Sunset" Arc with all it's explorable areas, secrets & goodies. :3

Get a cup of coffee & stay up getting some "references" for certain scenes. ._____.

Hope for a miracle & finally be able to upload & post a 15-minute beta.

Caro Ru Lushe

October 22, 2008, 12:31:48 pm #86 Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 06:09:53 pm by Starrodkirby86
Ok, so a Few Updates:

I'm debating between two CBS, the Old one that's on the first post preview, & this One:

CTB by Charlie Lee . . . .

Has a feel of Final Fantasy to it with some features, but I'm still thinking of whether putting it or not.  ::) I would most likely won't put it until I know it's not 'private'.

Next Update:

Ending Theme song for each Arc Ending has been chosen, and 'old' favorite of mines. (There was a debate between 'Rasuto Kissu?', 'Be your girl', 'Sociometry' & 'Deep Forest')

Song: "ラストキッス, Rasuto Kissu? (Last Kiss)"
Lyrics and Composition by: Tsunku
Arrangement by: Takao Konishi
Performed by: Tanpopo

*Obligatory Link with the Song*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gKFj70C7Jo

Lyrics:
http://www.animelyrics.com/Anime/orphen/maolk.htm

----------------------------------------------------

Next Update:

New Custom Tilesets are coming along, Remakes & changes to most of it.

Thanks to Sithlord999 for lending his time to work on these customs.

----------------------------------------------------

Animation Work:

I never got to show what the Animation of the spells look like in-battle.
The more I play around with photoshop, the more ideas I get:

One of many spells (Mock-up, not official) to make an appearance in SR.

Yet again, credits for Sithlord999 for ripping the graphics themselves ^^;;

------------------------------------------------------------------

Animated Title Screen has been added, thanks to Ming :x for putting it together, Hanzo for the Title Logo, & Seth for the graphics (Even thou I had to look for somewhere else for the start & load buttons >__>;;)

Also, Falcon for teaching me scripting & advices, since I found out that whenever I got out of the Load_scene, it got me back to the RMXP Title Screen & not the evented one.

Songs from Seinarukana ~ The Spirit Sword of Eternity 2 has been added, ripped & format changed by Sithlord999. ._. Yet again, I must repay him for all he has done. <shiver>

& Finally:

Update & Remaked the Old Sprites into this, even thou in my last post where both Lloid & Noah (Shinary), here's half the new base of the cast:

Main characters that is . . . They will also have their poses, to give a more realistic kinda feel in the in-game graphics (not on the Visual Novel Scenes).

& There's still no Deadline for a beta yet :-\ *cough*

Those are excellent screenshots, and a great post...But man, 379kb! D: ~Love, Starrodkirby86

Starrodkirby86

If you can animate the logo, like make some nice gradient effect or rippling in the gradients towards it, then that would be really sexy. I like what I see for the titlescreen.

The screenshots look great, it's such a shame you're using the regular RMXP style since that totally ruins the professionalism of the whole game. ._. But there's nothing you can do about that. Kudos, and get that demo out soon so we can move this to the Main Projects. >8U

sithlord999

Keep up the good work Caro! :) I think I've dissapeared from MSN for almost a week..O.o lol I've been busy lately...

Caro Ru Lushe

Hehe, no worries.

Sprite are coming better along now:

*still missing more people*

----------------

I might take long, next update of things would be either around november or so, first priority are the sprites, later I'll get to work with the editing of tilesets & jumping with some scripts around.

if all goes well, there might be a demo either by the end of december/january or Summer 09 (yet again).

Kagutsuchi

December 14, 2008, 06:01:52 pm #90 Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 06:37:13 pm by Kagutsuchi
wow, the mapping looks super awesome! It looks so professional I can't even describe it. *downloads tease trailer*

EDIT: *seen the tease trailer and demands a demo*

Where did you get the tileset with the pipes?

Caro Ru Lushe

The following image above comes from Xuse's Seinarukana itself.

New Year's Little Updates & Progress

*Knows there's a Mapping Error on the Left in the Forest Screenshot*

Fantasist

Wow... I'll say it again: the maps are awesome :up:
And I don't like the battleback. I hope it's temporary.

PS: When do we get to play the demo? >_<

Kagutsuchi

omg o.o how is it possible to make something so good? The only thing that I don't quite like is the battleback, like Fantasist said. It looks like you are some kind of miniature person lol.
Thought there is no way that would stop me from demanding a beta/demo of the über awesomeness.

Caro Ru Lushe

Epic Spell: ShowHide

Day Light Modern Town: ShowHide

Following the Leviathan at Night: ShowHide

Blizzard

Caro, you think you could send me your modern-people spritesets? I have a couple, but I will need more to populate Kadro. ._.

Kagutsuchi

You're not alone blizz :\ The more screenshots I see, the more I want to play this game, man it looks cool!

Captain Obvious: Epic Spell is epic!

Valcos

Are you going to get a demo out anytime soon? :(
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Caro Ru Lushe

Quote from: Blizzard on January 04, 2009, 07:50:13 am
Caro, you think you could send me your modern-people spritesets? I have a couple, but I will need more to populate Kadro. ._.

Most of the ones that are seen in the modern screenshots comes from here:

http://www.untamed.wild-refuge.net/rmxpresources.php?characters

Edits & such :x

Quote from: Valcos on January 04, 2009, 03:44:35 pm
Are you going to get a demo out anytime soon? :(

Soon Yes, but an exact Date release, not yet.  :^_^':

Blizzard

Caro Ru Lushe

Ugh, Charlie's CBS began giving multiple errors, and I got tired of working on them that I just took it out. I'll just recruit a scripter in exchange for spriting . . .

I'd be adding a world map & making just go with the usual Dungeons & Cities pluged in fashion -.-

Any more of this errors or angry mobs, and I might actually drop it & work on a new project.

Calintz

Lol, but you've come so far...It'd be a shame to give up now, wouldn't it??

I too am using a world map for my game. A quite interesting world map actually.
What world map are you using??

Caro Ru Lushe

Inquisitor's tileset >___>;;;

It would be a shame to loose it all, but  :^_^': It's sorta getting me angry with all the errors that keeps popping up, I might just get rid of the script & look for another side-view, *wishes to create just a d*mn window for a side-view*

Valcos

Aw, Caro, dont give up! Just switch the scripts or something? I want to play this! :(
-Oscar De La Hoya

Caro Ru Lushe

:^_^': I'm quite recruiting for a scripter & even for the heck of it, I'd be willing to make a sprite just for a damn cursed script itself.

Kagutsuchi

Don't give up o.o I am looking so tremendously much forwards to this game!

Caro Ru Lushe

Updated the first Page by cleaning the unnecessary banners up & adding ones that refreshes the eyes better.

:^_^': Will change the Screenshots, and add the New Userbars & support.

:<_<: No, there's still no demo yet, there was a bug with the CMS & the CBS I'm using, got someone to fix it up.

:evil: & the Sprites are looking much better than the ones in the old post

Also . . . Added Opening Link which I didn't posted here  :^_^':

Kagutsuchi

Shakugan no Shana =D Joint is teh win!

Caro Ru Lushe

G'rr, Brightness evil!: ShowHide

School Interior, Finished at last!: ShowHide

Umm working on a new darker style to fit with the sprites >__>

Fixed Grass & Cliffs: ShowHide

The result: D: Darker Atmosphere

Based off from Reive's quintessence & Shadow's tint fog

Caro Ru Lushe

^^;; In case anyone is still interested, the 1st Topic has been updated, mostly on the Story, Character's bio and . . . two screenshots .___. at the moment.

Valcos

AND DEMO!!!!? :<_<:.... nope.

Is a demo coming out soon? :(
-Oscar De La Hoya

Caro Ru Lushe

I haven't putten a deadline since I seem to never been able to get it ready in time -.-;; I don't want to break everyone's hopes, but there will be one sooner than one thinks.

And, if there isn't want, is probably because I don't like the results or-:x let's say I want to give you something of quality and not low quality. :3

Fantasist

That's nice to know CRL, good luck :)

Caro Ru Lushe

Ups ~ Forgot to tell, I updated the topic  :^_^':

Calintz

Haha, nice Caro, very nice ...

Kagutsuchi

Uh?! You have removed all the old screenshots and character info and such? Are you completely remaking the game?

Caro Ru Lushe

Yes . . .

I'm aiming for originality on this one.

Kagutsuchi

Quote from: Caro Ru Lushe on May 20, 2009, 05:41:58 am
Yes . . .

I'm aiming for originality on this one.

Okey, I really loved how the old one looked, thought you probably (hopefully) know what you are doing ^^ Still looking forwards to this game.