RMXP Made Ipod App?

Started by Event Master, May 24, 2011, 03:26:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixFire

Hmm.. Well, the thing is, they can't really "prove" that he didn't put the credits somewhere into the game, without "decompiling" it (or really, just looking through the code, because I'm sure they're able to), which depending on the country, you're not supposed to do... Though, I agree, they probably didn't credit them, and to sum it up, I'll quote tugg:
Quote from: Tuggernuts on June 02, 2011, 05:49:26 am
I dunno, but I think this guy will get in a whole heap of trouble, and I'll lol uncontrollably when it happens.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Spaceman McConaughey

June 02, 2011, 10:04:59 am #21 Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:06:25 am by Tuggernuts
Yes, yes they can prove it. And yes, yes they can decompile it if they so wish to get proof if needed, as it would have been their property he stole and is making money off of.

EDIT: What the fuck am I thinking? They would know they did not give credit. And this guy is still an idiot for testing the waters like this.

RPGManiac3030

Wait, my friend is working on a game with XNA Game Studio, and we were thinking about using RTP graphics. Would this be illegal even though we're not making a profit on the game?

Official Gio website:
gioadventures.freehostingcloud.com (under construction)

G_G

Its illegal but Enterbrain won't do anything unless you are making a profit off of it.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: RPGManiac3030 on July 05, 2011, 04:34:24 pm
Wait, my friend is working on a game with XNA Game Studio, and we were thinking about using RTP graphics. Would this be illegal even though we're not making a profit on the game?

Yes, just as illegal. And I would still not recommend doing it no matter what people tell you otherwise.

winkio

fan-games and free games are allowed to use copyrighted materials to some extent.  Look at all the flash versions of Mario up on the internet, for example.  I would still recommend you make your own graphics, it's a good experience.

Zeriab

Quote from: RPGManiac3030 on July 05, 2011, 04:34:24 pm

It is probably illegal if you do not get permission from Enterbrain or whoever has the rights to license you the resources.
You can try and ask Enterbrain if you can use the resources for free or for a one time payment. (Royalties are a bad idea as it's free)
Of course you can just not ask an hope nothing happens. Besides, if anything happen it would probably just be a cease and desist.

Quote from: winkio on July 06, 2011, 01:20:55 am
fan-games and free games are allowed to use copyrighted materials to some extent.  Look at all the flash versions of Mario up on the internet, for example.  I would still recommend you make your own graphics, it's a good experience.

Look at all the nice music you can find on the web. :V
It is true that under fair-use it would probably be legal for me to use some of Enterbrains resources in a RMXP tutorial.

*hugs*