RPG MAKER XP

Started by Lost_Hope, May 29, 2008, 12:41:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost_Hope

Ok I'm sorry for posting this but does anyone even use it anymore?

DeathLock

May 29, 2008, 01:05:37 pm #1 Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 01:06:19 pm by DeathLock
Yes, many people still use RMXP, I use it.

Why are you asking?
Is it because RMVX is released or something?

Juan

Yea I am still using rpg maker xp.
Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

Vell

I use it when i decide making a game would be cool... then stop a day after when i get bored and realize its impossible to have it do what id like it too lol.

shdwlink1993

I don't really like VX. In the name of ease-of-use they removed a crapload of the features I need. Also, there isn't enough support for it. And to top it all off, Blizz isn't scripting for VX.
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Starrodkirby86

VX is still apparently interesting, however XP's vast amount of resources, especially in the script area makes it still have some lifetime. Also, VX's resource bank isn't big yet, along with the features are pretty...lame...
Lots of people prefer XP, though some prefer the classics of course.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Lost_Hope

I just wanted to know because I plan on making a game one of these days and keeping it with me for college and my future career. I want to show the people I work with the stories I can create.

Thanks everyone!

Caesis

1. Theres more/better scripts for XP.
2. Theres more/better resources for XP.
3. Your character isn't a fat guy with a big head and one tileset high.
4. It doesn't make it so patheticly easy that a three year old can use it.
5. It adds a few features anyone could figure out within a month of Using RMXP. And yet takes away some features that XP had for detail.
6. XP FTW.

Blizzard

May 31, 2008, 08:14:35 am #8 Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 08:17:53 am by Blizzard
I agree. Eventually everybody will move on to VX some day, but this day is in the distant future. Or I'm completely wrong and this won't happen. xD
In any case, why was this topic locked? I don't see any apparent reason for this so I am unlocking it.

@Caesis: I am sorry, but I had to disable posting for guests due to spammers. If you want to keep discussing this, you will have to register.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.