Getting a cat

Started by Blizzard, July 07, 2011, 01:51:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

So like, I am getting a cat. IDK if I told anybody here, but almost everybody IRL knows that since I've been planning to for 4 months now. o.o;

Now I have an idea for a name, but I wanted to hear your ideas as well. Fancy names are fine (such as Schrödinger :V), but then a "cute nickname" (e.g. Schödi) is needed as well.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Subsonic_Noise

My fiancee's cats are named Hitler, Satan and Frodo. Does that inspire you at all?

winkio

July 07, 2011, 04:48:24 pm #2 Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 08:33:06 pm by winkio
Icicles - Icy for short.  Idk, I like natural material names for cats for some reason.  My cat is named Arena (ah-ray-nuh), which is the spanish word for sand.

The Niche

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 07, 2011, 02:14:01 pm
My fiancee's cats are named Hitler, Satan and Frodo. Does that inspire you at all?

Frodo's a new one.

@Blizz: Call him Naoise.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: The Niche on July 07, 2011, 07:26:10 pm

Frodo's a new one.

Actually frodo died on her. The new cat is "Hitler's Father", and then there are Hitler's kitten. :P

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

The Niche

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 07, 2011, 09:38:36 pm

Frodo's a new one.

Actually frodo died on her. The new cat is "Hitler's Father", and then there are Hitler's kitten. :P

Gods, that girl is hilarious.

@Blizzard: Call him Cait Sith.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: The Niche on July 08, 2011, 06:39:13 am
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 07, 2011, 09:38:36 pm

Frodo's a new one.

Gods, that girl is hilarious.

And adorable. And gorgeous. And.. okay, I'll stop.

Power Hungry Midget

I like Schrodinger, it's amusing. Or you could try Zazzles or Professor Oppenheimer? Are you getting the cat from a shelter? Sometimes the shelter already has names for them but you can always change it.

The plot thickens......

I have a mind to join a club and then beat you over the head with it.
     -Groucho Marx
I often quote myself. I find it adds spice to the conversation.
     -George Bernard Shaw

http://xkcd.com/303

Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.
    -Oscar Wilde

Blizzard

Alright, I've decided on the name Casanova. Nicknames are Casa and Nova.

Spaceman McConaughey

I was thinking more like Cameron Richardson, but oh well.

G_G

You should name him Ronnie :V Casanova is actually perfect name, especially well, its you. xD

Vell

Name it Didero, and use Didi as a nickname.

Even though you've already named your lonely guy cat pet, you may end up with another one, and that one should be didero.

Ryex

Cats are awesome. mine is named Hubble. and he isn't named after anything, I just named him Hubble.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Spaceman McConaughey

My cats are Kuddles and Boots. We used to have a cat named Spot, a beautiful white cat with black spots, but she died. :(

And funny thing, we always give our dogs people names, like:
Chloe, Sadie, and our sadly deceased Ashley. :(

Interesting thing, too: Spot and Ashley were the best of friends.
If there is an afterlife, they're together now. <3

Blizzard

Quote from: UltaFlame on July 10, 2011, 11:19:04 pm
Even though you've already named your lonely guy cat pet

I'm not lonely. ._.

Vell

There's a difference between having a lot of friends and a lot of potentials and actually having a significant other. There's a type of loneliness that comes from not getting affection. It tends to lead men to get cats.

Subsonic_Noise

If men don't get pussy, they get pussies.

PhoenixFire

I have nothing useful to add, but...

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 11, 2011, 10:43:42 am
If men don't get pussy, they get pussies.

BAHAHAAHHAHAHAHA
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Blizzard

July 12, 2011, 02:24:11 am #19 Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 02:26:24 am by Blizzard
Quote from: UltaFlame on July 11, 2011, 10:35:40 am
There's a difference between having a lot of friends and a lot of potentials and actually having a significant other. There's a type of loneliness that comes from not getting affection. It tends to lead men to get cats.

You must be 100% right. It cannot possibly have anything to do with the fact that I love cats, that my parents used to have cats while I was still living at their place and that I wanted to have a cat on my own for years.