Getting a cat

Started by Blizzard, July 07, 2011, 01:51:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

So like, I am getting a cat. IDK if I told anybody here, but almost everybody IRL knows that since I've been planning to for 4 months now. o.o;

Now I have an idea for a name, but I wanted to hear your ideas as well. Fancy names are fine (such as Schrödinger :V), but then a "cute nickname" (e.g. Schödi) is needed as well.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Subsonic_Noise

My fiancee's cats are named Hitler, Satan and Frodo. Does that inspire you at all?

winkio

July 07, 2011, 04:48:24 pm #2 Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 08:33:06 pm by winkio
Icicles - Icy for short.  Idk, I like natural material names for cats for some reason.  My cat is named Arena (ah-ray-nuh), which is the spanish word for sand.

The Niche

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 07, 2011, 02:14:01 pm
My fiancee's cats are named Hitler, Satan and Frodo. Does that inspire you at all?

Frodo's a new one.

@Blizz: Call him Naoise.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: The Niche on July 07, 2011, 07:26:10 pm

Frodo's a new one.

Actually frodo died on her. The new cat is "Hitler's Father", and then there are Hitler's kitten. :P

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

The Niche

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 07, 2011, 09:38:36 pm

Frodo's a new one.

Actually frodo died on her. The new cat is "Hitler's Father", and then there are Hitler's kitten. :P

Gods, that girl is hilarious.

@Blizzard: Call him Cait Sith.
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: The Niche on July 08, 2011, 06:39:13 am
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 07, 2011, 09:38:36 pm

Frodo's a new one.

Gods, that girl is hilarious.

And adorable. And gorgeous. And.. okay, I'll stop.

Power Hungry Midget

I like Schrodinger, it's amusing. Or you could try Zazzles or Professor Oppenheimer? Are you getting the cat from a shelter? Sometimes the shelter already has names for them but you can always change it.

The plot thickens......

I have a mind to join a club and then beat you over the head with it.
     -Groucho Marx
I often quote myself. I find it adds spice to the conversation.
     -George Bernard Shaw

http://xkcd.com/303

Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.
    -Oscar Wilde

Blizzard

Alright, I've decided on the name Casanova. Nicknames are Casa and Nova.

Spaceman McConaughey

I was thinking more like Cameron Richardson, but oh well.

G_G

You should name him Ronnie :V Casanova is actually perfect name, especially well, its you. xD

Vell

Name it Didero, and use Didi as a nickname.

Even though you've already named your lonely guy cat pet, you may end up with another one, and that one should be didero.

Ryex

Cats are awesome. mine is named Hubble. and he isn't named after anything, I just named him Hubble.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Spaceman McConaughey

My cats are Kuddles and Boots. We used to have a cat named Spot, a beautiful white cat with black spots, but she died. :(

And funny thing, we always give our dogs people names, like:
Chloe, Sadie, and our sadly deceased Ashley. :(

Interesting thing, too: Spot and Ashley were the best of friends.
If there is an afterlife, they're together now. <3

Blizzard

Quote from: UltaFlame on July 10, 2011, 11:19:04 pm
Even though you've already named your lonely guy cat pet

I'm not lonely. ._.

Vell

There's a difference between having a lot of friends and a lot of potentials and actually having a significant other. There's a type of loneliness that comes from not getting affection. It tends to lead men to get cats.

Subsonic_Noise

If men don't get pussy, they get pussies.

PhoenixFire

I have nothing useful to add, but...

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 11, 2011, 10:43:42 am
If men don't get pussy, they get pussies.

BAHAHAAHHAHAHAHA
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Blizzard

July 12, 2011, 02:24:11 am #19 Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 02:26:24 am by Blizzard
Quote from: UltaFlame on July 11, 2011, 10:35:40 am
There's a difference between having a lot of friends and a lot of potentials and actually having a significant other. There's a type of loneliness that comes from not getting affection. It tends to lead men to get cats.

You must be 100% right. It cannot possibly have anything to do with the fact that I love cats, that my parents used to have cats while I was still living at their place and that I wanted to have a cat on my own for years.

Subsonic_Noise

Your parents probably were singles, too... oh wait

Blizzard

AngryPacman

Blizz's parents were both single men?
G_G's a silly boy.

Power Hungry Midget

I heard, they were both straight single men who raised a child together, other's say they were gay. We'll never truly know though.

The plot thickens......

-Groucho Marx
     -George Bernard Shaw

-Oscar Wilde

Blizzard

That would explain why I am twice as manly as the average man.

AngryPacman

And four times as average as the manly man.
G_G's a silly boy.

Vell

Quote from: Blizzard on July 12, 2011, 02:24:11 am
Quote from: UltaFlame on July 11, 2011, 10:35:40 am

You must be 100% right. It cannot possibly have anything to do with the fact that I love cats, that my parents used to have cats while I was still living at their place and that I wanted to have a cat on my own for years.

Hum, apologies if you took that too seriously; I didn't mean to offend. I was pretty much just kidding. I mean, I don't seriosuly think you're lonely. *has three cats*

Blizzard

Apology accepted.
It's a bit hard to tell when you are joking and when you are serious when all the communication you have is a bunch of letters.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: Blizzard on July 12, 2011, 03:11:32 pm
Apology accepted.
It's a bit hard to tell when you are joking and when you are serious when all the communication you have is a bunch of letters.

I have learned this valuable lesson as well on this website. D:

Ryex

just so you know pictures are a must
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

ForeverZer0

Did you go with an all black kitten?
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

Nah. I've had one when I was a lot younger, but I never had a yellowish-tigerish kitten. I'm getting the kitten at the beginning of August. I'm on vacation in the first two weeks so this somewhat of a good time to get it so I can take care of it to see how independent it is. :)

Vell

winkio

If you take a picture of it and give it a caption in some god-forsaken dialect of broken english I am going to hit you with a folding chair.  Twice.

Blizzard

;_;

How about proper English?

AngryPacman

G_G's a silly boy.

Vell

NIBBLES ;__;

I miss that old tub of lard.

G_G

Quote from: winkio on July 16, 2011, 11:59:13 pm
If you take a picture of it and give it a caption in some god-forsaken dialect of broken english I am going to hit you with a folding chair.  Twice.

xD
Quote from: Blizzard on July 17, 2011, 05:31:19 am
;_;

How about proper English?

xD

Quote from: UltaFlame on July 17, 2011, 08:37:10 pm
NIBBLES ;__;

I miss that old tub of lard.

I'm sorry Ulta. :(

Taboo

I have three cats.

Princess- blind and batshit crazy
Freeway but we all call her Kitty- Picked her off the side of the road. Evil. 100% demonic, trying to kill the whole family but I'm the only one who realizes it.
Dusty- 400lbs of mancat. He's also my cat. And he is the best cat ever. Go on, prove me wrong.

Vell

Nibbles.

There, I proved you wrong.

AngryPacman

G_G's a silly boy.

G_G

Quote from: Taboo on July 26, 2011, 07:30:30 pm
I have three cats.

Princess- blind and batshit crazy
Freeway but we all call her Kitty- Picked her off the side of the road. Evil. 100% demonic, trying to kill the whole family but I'm the only one who realizes it.
Dusty- 400lbs of mancat. He's also my cat. And he is the best cat ever. Go on, prove me wrong.

Kitty reminds me of Mr. Kat from Kid vs. Kat. xD

Blizzard

A collegue at work calls me Coding Cat.

Lobstrosity

I have 4 cats. :p Spartacus (A black / greyish schizophrenic cat), Machiavelli (Black / White "annoying" cat), Brutus and Caesar (Both black cats. Brutus is the friendly one and Caesar is evil!).
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

G_G

Spartacus was a good tv series. :P Oh and shouldn't it be the other way around? Brutus was the one who betrayed Caesar!

...I actually remembered something from English class.

Spaceman McConaughey

No you didn't. Wikipedia did. :V:?

Vell

My old cat Nibbles died, and now I have two cats.

Taboo

Those are awesome names, I am totally naming one of my cats Machiavelli. (Mack for short)

AngryPacman

Aristotle vs giant mashy spike plate! Machiavelli.
G_G's a silly boy.

G_G

*waiting for pictures*

Blizzard

I am getting it today. Just that one guy from the small ads didn't pick up the phone yet. >_> I'll call somebody else.

Kett Shee

Fuck you all, Weston Shinkleshire III is the best cat ever.
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

The Niche

My cat is human. And my grandmother. You guys all lose.

Blizzard

August 01, 2011, 10:29:58 am #54 Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 01:43:32 pm by Blizzard
D:

I just got off the phone, I'm going to pick it up in an hour and a half. Expect some pictures in about 3 hours. :D

EDIT:

:3

Spoiler: ShowHide

winkio, this one is especially for you.

Spaceman McConaughey

OH MY GOD! IT'S SO FUCKING ADORABLE! <3

Blizzard

Half an hour ago when I brought him home, he was just a scared little kitten. After I gave him something to eat, he's already taken over my bed. D:

winkio

what color are its eyes?

Blizzard

They are still blueish, but they're turning into green. My cellphone has a flash (otherwise the photos inside would be too dark) and he almost closes his eyes each time I try to take a picture. xD

Kett Shee

Quote from: Blizzard on August 01, 2011, 01:43:43 pm
Half an hour ago when I brought him home, he was just a scared little kitten. After I gave him something to eat, he's already taken over my bed. D:

HNNNNNNGGGGRRRR CAN'T HANDLE THIS LEVEL OF CUTE. I JUST CANT DO IT CAPTAIN, I DON'T HAVE THE POWERRRRR

Power Hungry Midget

The plot thickens......

-Groucho Marx
     -George Bernard Shaw

-Oscar Wilde

Ryex

he looks exactly like my sisters cat did when it was still a kitten. *WARNING: "cute" processor core overheated, shutting down to prevent damage to system*

Blizzard

You can pet it if you want. Over the Internet. I'll just quickly upload my cat. You download it, pet it and upload it back. Or I can just put it on Dropbox and you tell me when you're done petting so I can take it off.

My slow clap processor still works, though.

Taboo

I want to genetically engineer a cat that will forever stay a kitten :3

G_G

Blizzard you need to create a robot that follows your kitten everywhere. This robot has a soft synthetic hand. Then on the internet, we have a site with a 24/7 live camera feed and we can simply press "Pet" to pet your cat. Thats the stupidest idea I've ever came up with...

Anyways Blizzard, I hate cats, I hate them to death. I wouldn't think a second before punting a cat over my fence. However, there are cats with exceptions. Yours, my cat from my 8 year old child hood Momo, my parents named him Tom but I called him Momo, and any cat that is a good companion. I've had more or less bad experiences with cats. I almost lost my left eye. It clawed my eyeball, had to where an eye patch for awhile. This happened when I was 7. I was very hesitant to even like the cat my parents had gotten. Ah would you look at that. MOAR RANTING!

Blizzard

I can understand you. I am not much of a fan of dogs (I don't hate them, though).

Tazero

I hate dogs that i can't lift with one hand e.e

Stupid pitbulls >:( damn thing near took my hand off D:

If you were a fish...

Vell

Well this is painful.

That cat you have looks almost exactly like Nibbles, except it's only just similar enough to dredge up memories. Nibbles had a white belly and legs, with one patch of orange fur on his left back leg. Otherwise, he looked almost exactly like that.

He also kicked ass. Fucking cat made a full-grown dog and another cat run fleeing from his property while not taking even a burise in response. He died like two years ago.

I miss that cat.

Blizzard

August 03, 2011, 04:48:44 pm #68 Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 04:58:49 pm by Blizzard
Turns out the cat I got doesn't know how properly clean himself and he stinks quite a bit. Plus he seems to have been used to sleeping on people's beds so making him unlearn these habits (first he switched to sleeping in the litter D: ) in his new home turned out to be a full time job. But luckily I have fixed most issues within the last 3 days so I can start spending more time on other stuff. I also taught him to play with some toys. Luckily that takes maybe 15-30 minutes per toy.

I still have to make him unlearn that I am not a toy (he climbs all over me, lol), to stop licking my face (apparently just blowing some air into his nose works wonders and I was amazed how well it works), to clean himself better and that he fully understands where his actual sleeping place is. He still tries to climb the bed all the time, but at least he goes to his actual sleeping place when I lock him out of the room. And yeah, he still stinks (along with his pooh which stinks horribly). I hope that after he can clean himself properly and after he gets used to his diet, it will go away.

I also have to pay the vet a visit to have him checked. The stinky pooh could be a disease or worms (not just the sudden change in his diet) and I have to get him sterilized anyway. At least cats are incredibly fast learners. You just have to give it all a couple of hours across a few days and a lot of patience. Seriously, he's been eating away my nerves so badly that I didn't eat properly the last few days. And I am a very, very patient person. D:

EDIT: I think that he thinks I'm his mother, though. When I lock him out of the room, he starts meowing like crazy and when I open the room, he runs to me and starts brush himself at me and all that stuff as if he's totally happy to see me again. xD In the first night I let him spend the first half of the night in my bed, but after 4 really bad hours of sleep, I realized it's not going to work this way. He was playing with me, scratching me and biting me almost the whole time I was asleep. I felt the scratches and bites in my dreams quite a lot. D:

Ryex

they do that kind of thing a lot as kittens. i used to have a cat named Double Stuff (it's mother was named Oreo and the kitten had a lot more white than it's mother) and way. if it say me it would run, jump, climb up my waist and then up my shirt till it was on top of my shoulder faster than i could stop it.

bet cat I've ever had
died of cancer and some sort of digestive problem.

Blizzard

Lol! I know I'm having fun with it now, but I also know that it won't be as fun when he gets older. I don't want him using my legs as scratch posts, especially not when I'm in shorts. :/ So I have to teach him to stop doing it. Luckily just a firm and authoritative "No" is enough. The worst problem is the smell, though. I realized that I'm a person that can be completely disrupted just by smelling unpleasant odors for a relatively short period of time. :/ As I said, my appetite is heavily messed up in the last two days. The only moment where it went back to normal was today while I was taking a shower and a a shave (took almost an hour both together). As soon as I got out of the bathroom, it didn't even take 20 minutes for my appetite to break apart. :(

G_G

Thats why you clean wash him yourself every now and then. Or do people not do that with cats.

Vell

Cats tend to learn how to be independent with that.

Pozer decided to not clean himself for a week or two, stunk, we washed him once and he's taken care of himself ever since.

winkio

cats hate being in water.  Or at least mine do.

Vell

Mine don't mind water, strangely. They used to jump into the shower with me, up until I decided to lock the door when I'm showering.

Blizzard

Yeah, some cats don't hate water.

@G_G: I know. I take a cloth soaked in warm water and simulate licking with it so he gets the idea. I also sometimes lick my thumb and do a couple of strokes over his fur like his mother would have done with her tongue.

SBR*

I just noticed this post XD.

Aww, he's so cute!

Blizzard

Today I found out he pooh'd all over his sleeping place. ._.

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Taboo

Its alright, we have three cats that prefer not using the litter box.

Blizzard

Then you can clean my cat.

Spaceman McConaughey

Blizz, I wouldn't try to bring any ladies back home with this guy.

Normally, if you did, it'd be like:
Lady: Aww, he's so cute! Let's fuck!
Blizz: *grins, slowly stares at camera, grins more noticeably, gives thumbs up and screen fades black*

But with him covered in shit:
Lady: Ew, it's covered in shit! Is it dieing or something!?
Blizz: N-no, it's jus--
Lady: This is gross, I'm out of here!
Blizz: *sobs in the corner of his room, knowing he missed quality action*

But really, your cat is teh cutest. <3

Taboo

Anything for you Blizz, just be sure to throw some of those women my way.

Blizzard

Spaceman McConaughey

Quit ignoring my faggotry. >8U

Blizzard

Taboo

*goes about licking Blizzard's cat (:naughty:) in return for the woman*

AngryPacman

My desk just got pissed on.
That cat no longer holds the position for awesomest cat ever.
G_G's a silly boy.

Blizzard

After hours and hours of work and patience, I have decided that I cannot give the kitten the love and attention it needs from me. :( It really has some nasty habits and I was actually only able to start getting rid of them as it turns out. :( Plus, it really needs a lot of attention. It's not just a full time job, as I said earlier, it's actually taking away ALL of my free time (and I am on vacation right now). There's not way in hell that I can provide the cat the attention it needs now or that I can get rid of the bad habits before my vacation is over (about 10 days left). :( I decided that I will give it away to someone with more time on their hands. :'(

Kett Shee

Nuuuuuuuuuuuueeeee ;w;

But if the cat is really giving you a hard time then that probably is for the best.

;_;

Taboo

Its a good decision but a hard one.  :naughty: I hope that in the future you're able to get a cat that you can actually keep. And maybe a kitten too. Bazinga!

The Niche

Quote from: Taboo on August 05, 2011, 02:07:01 pm
Its a good decision but a hard one.  :naughty: I hope that in the future you're able to get a cat that you can actually keep. And maybe a kitten too. Bazinga!

OICWATUDIDTHAR

Taboo

Blizzard, can I keep this woman?

Vell

Blizzard

SBR*

You'll have to share her with Blizz though, which can lead to awkward situations.

Blizzard

No, he doesn't. I'll just go get another one.

Taboo

YES! Finally, I have a woman.....now what do I do?

SBR*

I totally forgot to say I'm very sorry to hear this. I wish you the best of luck.

Spaceman McConaughey

That sucks. Probably should have just bought a trained, adult kitteh.