Decisive Media

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, July 11, 2011, 08:41:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

I'm in my normal username Ryex will do just fine.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: Ryex on July 18, 2011, 01:31:22 pm
I'm in my normal username Ryex will do just fine.

Registered. And you will of course want to change your password. :3

(sidenote: the email on your profile is the one you use, right? just making sure the login info gets to you, lol)

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Spaceman McConaughey

ForeverZer0

I'm getting a 403 forbidden.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Ryex

G_G

Odd, I'm not getting any errors.

Spaceman McConaughey

Whoops. D:

I am pretty sure it was a security measure I took. You two should be good now.

ForeverZer0

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

G_G

I think we're done with beta testing. DM will be ready to open soon. (If not already)

EDIT: Its open, or I think so anyways. I'm logged out and I'm not getting the Under Maintenance message.

G_G

Legal double post. In hopes to bring uniqueness to our forums and maybe bring a couple of more people, I've spent the last few days coding our very own achievements system. While achievements themselves are overused and cliche, I don't see too many forums with an achievements system like ours (if any). If you would like to learn more about the system you can read here.

Here's the main achievements page. Here you can search through our members and see what achievements everyone has.
http://www.decisive-media.net/index.php?page=achievements

Here's my achievements page. :3
http://www.decisive-media.net/index.php?page=achievements&username=game_guy

Spaceman McConaughey

I am bumping this topic now that it has a proper ad on the first post. :)

PhoenixFire

The site really has shaped up alot in the time I've been registered on it. Also, I think the more people look at it, the more they realize how awesome it is. I mean, even my forum doesn't have an arcade yet :/ or Cybele, and I haven't quite figured out how to put in some of the mods I have for it yet. But DM is looking amazing so far. I can't wait til we have more people to help spice up the conversations..
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: DigitalSoul on October 04, 2011, 10:32:23 am
The site really has shaped up alot in the time I've been registered on it. Also, I think the more people look at it, the more they realize how awesome it is. I mean, even my forum doesn't have an arcade yet :/ or Cybele, and I haven't quite figured out how to put in some of the mods I have for it yet. But DM is looking amazing so far. I can't wait til we have more people to help spice up the conversations..

Thanks. :D

And I agree about needing more active members. O:

G_G

October 08, 2011, 12:54:13 am #36 Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 12:55:44 am by game_guy
Decisive Media is down. One simple reason, we're not allowed to exceed 300 MB in our MySql databases. Apparently, SMF has logged 800 MB worth of errors into our database since the birth of Decisive Media on December 2010. How the number of errors, plain text basically, reached over 800 MB is beyond me.

ForeverZer0

Ouch...

Can't you just delete them?

G_G

Decisive Media is back up, its functional for the most part, we ask if you see any strange errors, please report them so I can fix them quickly. I am already aware of the aware Cybele is getting and its being worked on.

G_G

Okay so Branden and I both got tired of the constant errors DM has been going through. We're going to upgrade to SMF 2.0. Don't worry, the important mods are still in tact, the media gallery and arcade along with Simple Portal. I'll have to rework Cybele and the Achievements system however. We do have one issue with the arcade, we don't have any of the highscores. We have to reupload all of the games again and setup all of the categories and whatnot. But hopefully this will solve all of the scores not submitting issues.