ATRES refactor

Started by Blizzard, July 12, 2011, 03:38:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

I have finished today (at work, mind you) the refactoring on how our font rendering library ATRES works. Now there is an additional library (called ATRESTTF, it is based on FreeType 2). I have compiled a static library of FreeType v2.4.5 in VS2010 and committed it as well. There will be some minor additional changes (so .ttfdef files are not required in ATRESTTF and font files can be read from the system directory), but mainly this is it, ARC now supports any kind of font rendering.

This means that the ARC RGSS engine is 90% done. I have to implement MIDI format playback (in XAL), improve and optimize the way textures are handled (which should speed up rendering text a lot, most of it is already done because I had to implemented it for ATRESTTF) and some minor additional things such as proper transition effects and bug fixes after the beta version. ARC running on our implementation of RGSS is almost finished. :)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

awesome. Now I really need to get to work on the editor :P.

I'll do some work this after noon.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

Yes, I need to re-invest myself into this. I've been a bit of a slump when it comes to ARC...
Will get back into it tonight.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.