A main character

Started by Cassius, May 30, 2008, 12:47:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassius

Arshes is overated.
I'd like a basic Hero character. Can't look too grand or awesume. Has to be a young male. And blend in with the other RMXP style stuff.

Other than that, I don't care ...

Preffer that he has dark or brown hair. Preffer he has a sword strapped on his back. If it doesn't, thats great anyways.

I request that you PM or email me it, along with who I should credit you as.

Thanks alot
- Caesis

Lost_Hope

character set or battler?

Cassius

Spriteset, sorry for not specifying.

Sally

QuoteI request that you PM or email me it, along with who I should credit you as.

why?

Cassius

So other people don't use it. And besides, people are bound to steal it and not give credit if you just post it here.

If my game goes comercial, I will give benifit to whoever makes the sprite.
(Game will have advertisements in the auctuall game for money. If you die, a 5 second add plays before going to "gameover" screen.

Lost_Hope

wait...your gonna try and sell this game? using RMXP?

..isn't that ILLEGAL..

shdwlink1993

I'm at least 99% sure there was a game that was sold made with RMXP.
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Sally

lol wow... how much did it cost?

shdwlink1993

Ah. The name of the game was Aveyond (I & II). Aveyond I was the first game made with RMXP to be sold. They both run for $19.99.
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Lost_Hope

I bet you need Enterbrain's permission...

Phasedscar

Actually if I'm not mistaken, you don't need premission.  They sell the engine to make the game, but no actual game itself. 

Sort of like the Ubisoft's Unreal3 engine.  It's sold to companies and they make games using the engine, Ubisoft doesn't need recognition, just a lot of money for the program.

Anyway, I'm sure you can sell any game you create, the question is, will people pay to play a game that looks like it was made in the early '90s?
Spoiler: ShowHide
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Lost_Hope

sweet! Then I'm gonna make mine a demo and sell the original! I will sell it cause I'm actually only gonna use it so I have something to show the game company I will join..for game suggestions...

DeathLock

Actually, there is many people who sold there games. But, the only way you could have sold it is, that the game is completely original. Currently, they are common in the RM world, best examples would be from japan. You need to overcome all awesome free RM games out there. Master of the Wind, Quintessence, Ethereal Dreams, etc. Examples of commercial games would be, The Lost Element, and another one I forgot.

Cassius, I don't want to discourage you in selling your game. You should think about it, before just saying that you will sell your game.

Cassius

Its going to be free, just with advertisements to improve later versions of the game, such as buying good tilesets.

Anyways, back on topic?

Blizzard

That was what I wanted to say: Back on topic.

If you want to discuss the legitimacy of selling RMXP games, here's the topic. :3

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=714.0
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.